Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unsettling Images III

Started by Alberon, October 13, 2020, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: DistressedArea on October 16, 2020, 10:48:16 AM

I've raved about her whiskers in the Cats thread so I won't go on too much but she's an Outstanding Pussycat and one of the least unsettling things I've ever seen.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on October 16, 2020, 08:22:03 AM
If anyone genuinely finds it unsettling I'd be happy to remove it.

Oh christ, that's so much worser.

Absorb the anus burn

Glebe

Zetetic

flotemysost

Quote from: Alberon on October 13, 2020, 06:29:31 PM

Nice smiley cuddly round thing, shyly approaching you for a hug. About as disturbing as Momo - she was just an excitable bird creature with big jugs.

I don't generally find the "kid's thing appropriated in a slightly off/uncanny valley-looking way" as ooh dark as lots of these creepy images social media pages make them out to be. Badly-made Mickey Mouse masks? Bedraggled looking Santa? Bring 'em on. I suppose in the photos where they're posing with kids, the inference is that they might be about to steal/fuck/eat the kids, but it seems more likely that it's just an awkwardly staged picture that no one really wants to be in. Giant arachnid/sea creature things do shit me up though.

You can probably effectively de-spook any image by mentally superimposing a Hans or a Ron in there somewhere, tbf.

BlodwynPig

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on October 15, 2020, 11:09:32 PM
https://www.darkhistories.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/enfield-poltergeist-2000x1125.jpg

The Enfield haunting (great tv show based on it shown on sky a few years back, absolutely pant wetting)

Few more from the Enfield poltergeist:

BlodwynPig

Alberon

At least it answers the question of who invented Dabbing.

flotemysost

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 21, 2020, 10:01:57 PM
You sure about that?

https://youtu.be/YS3SHEKl-TI

We all know Gran gets a bit confused these days, no need to be unkind.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 21, 2020, 10:38:21 PM
Few more from the Enfield poltergeist:

I remember excitedly getting a reel of summer holiday snaps developed at Boots when I was about 11 or 12 and realising the last few were not dissimilar portraits that my mum had surreptitiously taken of my dad, this being before camera phones, to shock him out of drinking I suppose (it didn't work and it really pissed me off at the time).

Either that or my dad is in fact a poltergeist.

Hand Solo

Quote from: flotemysost on October 21, 2020, 10:59:09 PM
I remember excitedly getting a reel of summer holiday snaps developed at Boots when I was about 11 or 12 and realising the last few were not dissimilar portraits that my mum had surreptitiously taken of my dad, this being before camera phones, to shock him out of drinking I suppose (it didn't work and it really pissed me off at the time).

She took spirit photography quite literally, then.

wosl

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Zetetic on October 20, 2020, 09:57:47 PM

Well that unsettled me as I spent 10 minutes googling images of the flag, trying to remember how to tell if it was upside down, and wondering if you were just making a comment about British nationalism.

The Mollusk

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I like how the cat is looking at the camera. "What?"
I don't actually know what's going on in that one though. Has the cat just jumped in the air, or has drunkie thrown it?

BlodwynPig

GoblinAhFuckScary