Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I’ve just popped two tabs on a boring night

Started by a peepee tipi, October 14, 2020, 06:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Well I remember trying to Google 'am I dying' after drinking homemade ayahuasca and it taking me until it started wearing off about six hours later to finally manage it, so I'm sceptical.

popcorn

I took a whole day off to do mushrooms a few weeks ago and they did fuck-all. Sat in my room waiting for it all to kick off and nothing happened. They were in little capsules so maybe I actually swallowed a load of old fag ends blitzed up in a blender.

Doing drugs is rubbish. You can't read the fucking instructions. And all your mates have got a different opinion about what went wrong.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Maybe they were just button mushrooms ground up. Did you feel any more full afterwards?

I'm not a drugman at all, so the only thing I know about LSD is that a lad at school took it and said a giraffe's head came out of a 'no ball games' sign and shouted 'no giraffes' at him. Does this sound plausible?

While I'd love nothing more than for a talking camelopard to address me from an item of municipal signage, I'm perfectly capable of imaging it for myself, and so I'm going to stick to getting a good seven hours sleep rather than cavorting on drugs during the witching hours.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 14, 2020, 09:59:43 PM
I'm not a drugman at all, so the only thing I know about LSD is that a lad at school took it and said a giraffe's head came out of a 'no ball games' sign and shouted 'no giraffes' at him. Does this sound plausible?

Nope. Sounds like what a cartoon might imply acid is like. It is nothing like that at all.

touchingcloth

Yep, totally implausible. You mainly get talking camels on acids.

Damn, that's been my reference point for drug imagery for a quarter of a century. I bet it's all boring spiritual enlightenment stuff like the old hippies bang on about then, is it?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's just patterns appearing on walls and carpets mainly.

Pinball

Being coherently off one's head. Definitely worthy of a forum post or 5.

bgmnts

Which drug makes you hear Jefferson Airplane in your head?

Patterned carpets and walls are so 1970s. LSD's not for me, then. I'll just stick with a good book and a nice big nose bag of glue.

Quote from: bgmnts on October 14, 2020, 10:21:30 PM
Which drug makes you hear Jefferson Airplane in your head?

When Phil Mitchell got addicted to crack on EastEnders, he liked to sing along loudly to The Who.

imitationleather

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 14, 2020, 10:21:42 PM
Patterned carpets and walls are so 1970s. LSD's not for me, then. I'll just stick with a good book and a nice big nose bag of glue.
It does not get more 1970s than Sniffin' Glue.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 14, 2020, 10:23:52 PM
When Phil Mitchell got addicted to crack on EastEnders, he liked to sing along loudly to The Who.

They had him on crack as well? The last I heard of him he'd commandeered a bulldozer during an alcoholic binge.

Non capisco is the 'Enders expert around here. He should be able to clear up the chronology of P-Mitch's addictions.

Pingers

I hope you have a lovely time and see the world as it should be.

Bence Fekete

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 14, 2020, 10:08:06 PM
Nope. Sounds like what a cartoon might imply acid is like. It is nothing like that at all.

Actually...

Low-med dose acid is warpy, flexy, bendy, multi-focus crystal land but there are several higher states - especially when combined with cannabis - that go well beyond this kind of replicatable localised visual distortion.

There's a level somewhere at the 600ug mark, for example, where your picture freezes and cracks open like an egg and this is often the doorway to the more cartoony, classical hallucinatory experience where you WILL see giraffe heads driving rocket potatoes or gyrating smoke machines made out of moon wax or life-sized 747s landing outside in the next street etc.

750ug + and you are well on your way to Mario galaxy brah. Acid in general is way more fun/wild visually than people think because street acid is deceptively weak and anonymously dosed. Good strong acid is like watching a movie. Source: I am acid.

imitationleather

bgmnts

Yeah hallucinogens sound a bit mental tbh and I don't think I'd want any part of that.

touchingcloth

The only time I've had a dissociative hallucination was at university when I took some Salvia divinorum, which at the time was still legal to buy from head shops. During my trip I became terraced houses for what felt like hundreds of years, but in reality lasted about 30 seconds at the absolute max. The idea of a trip on the acids which is more vivid and longer-lasting is appalling.

Johnny Yesno

If you're worried about your mental health, don't fall in love. If that goes wrong, it's way more damaging than a bad trip.

thugler

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 15, 2020, 07:33:48 AM
The only time I've had a dissociative hallucination was at university when I took some Salvia divinorum, which at the time was still legal to buy from head shops. During my trip I became terraced houses for what felt like hundreds of years, but in reality lasted about 30 seconds at the absolute max. The idea of a trip on the acids which is more vivid and longer-lasting is appalling.

Salvia is a pretty strong (short acting) disassociative, and indeed doesn't sound much fun to me. Acid is entirely different. I've only done shrooms but at non huge doses you are quite capable of moving about (i had a fantastic time climbing a tree last time) and having conversations and such, I'm sure at some point it would mess with your sense of self but not in the same way. The only thing that makes Salvia legal is that short length i think, the actual trip sounds fucking awful.

Pingers

Quote from: thugler on October 15, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
Salvia is a pretty strong (short acting) disassociative, and indeed doesn't sound much fun to me. Acid is entirely different. I've only done shrooms but at non huge doses you are quite capable of moving about (i had a fantastic time climbing a tree last time) and having conversations and such, I'm sure at some point it would mess with your sense of self but not in the same way. The only thing that makes Salvia legal is that short length i think, the actual trip sounds fucking awful.

The one time I took salvia, two giant bullfinches asked me to go for a fly with them, but I turned them down because my girlfriend wasn't tripping and I didn't want to leave her behind. I'm still kicking myself for not going.

I like the silliness of acid, it's a lot of fun. One time me and a mate had dropped some and about an hour later we still weren't sure it was working, so we decided the best thing was to ask someone, so we went up to a couple of strangers and asked them "Excuse me, but are we tripping?", at which moment we realised yes, we probably were.

JaDanketies

I used to combo salvia and LSD cos I'm hardcore. It's much nicer than it sounds.

I still kinda think that the world would be a better place if (almost) everyone dropped acid or at least took shrooms at least once, although I know this is widely considered to be an embarrassing opinion. I don't think there are many people who have taken acid and who think we should send gunboats into the channel tunnel to shoot refugees.

The real reason everyone should take acid at least once though is because #yolo

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Quote from: Pingers on October 15, 2020, 09:01:14 AM
The one time I took salvia, two giant bullfinches asked me to go for a fly with them, but I turned them down because my girlfriend wasn't tripping and I didn't want to leave her behind. I'm still kicking myself for not going.

I like the silliness of acid, it's a lot of fun. One time me and a mate had dropped some and about an hour later we still weren't sure it was working, so we decided the best thing was to ask someone, so we went up to a couple of strangers and asked them "Excuse me, but are we tripping?", at which moment we realised yes, we probably were.

The really hilarious thing is when you take a tab, wait a couple of hours, decide it's not coming up and try another one. When you start lifting off ten minutes later, you realise that it was probably only about 20 minutes since you banged the first lot, and the second lot havent even hit your stomach yet.

touchingcloth

Quote from: thugler on October 15, 2020, 08:41:10 AM

It's not legal any more because the Tories don't want anyone to have any fun. Even if it was the Brown government which outlawed them, which I think it was.

The short length was definitely a blessing, but the time dilation being part of the trip made it terrifying. I don't fancy taking acid, mainly because I don't know what sort of trip I'd have, and if it's anything like the Salvia one then I'm happy not to find out.

JaDanketies

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 15, 2020, 11:46:33 AM
The short length was definitely a blessing, but the time dilation being part of the trip made it terrifying. I don't fancy taking acid, mainly because I don't know what sort of trip I'd have, and if it's anything like the Salvia one then I'm happy not to find out.

It's absolutely nothing like salvia. Salvia is dysphoric - i.e the opposite of euphoric. LSD is euphoric. Salvia takes you to a strange foreign land. LSD just enhances reality.  It's like comparing incredible sex and an oven mitt. They couldn't be more different.

If you've got any worries then keep some benzodiazapines with you and hold one under your tongue until it dissolves if you start feeling anxious.

Oh also if you're gonna drop acid for the first time then take a proper amount. Probably a tab. You want to take between 100 and 200ugs I reckon. A lot of people are nervous so take a quarter of a tab and get stuck in some netherworld where they can neither watch sitcoms or appreciate OK Computer.

And the two big freakouts I've witnessed were all people taking piddling amounts too. Perhaps just enough to get their brain going weird but not enough to feel good.

Dex Sawash

Is there a film to watch that might make me want to try acid? Trainspotting did that for me with heroin (but I haven't/won't try that)

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 15, 2020, 11:46:33 AM
Brown government

I always forget how parochial the heroin party was.