Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:47:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I’ve just popped two tabs on a boring night

Started by a peepee tipi, October 14, 2020, 06:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaghetamine

my favourite ever drug experience was having a shared hallucination with a group of friends that we were able to fire laser beams out of our hands at each other whilst on a combination of acid and 2C-E, later on I smoked some DMT and went to Lizardland...ah, the folly of youth!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 15, 2020, 11:49:37 AM
Oh also if you're gonna drop acid for the first time then take a proper amount. Probably a tab. You want to take between 100 and 200ugs I reckon. A lot of people are nervous so take a quarter of a tab and get stuck in some netherworld where they can neither watch sitcoms or appreciate OK Computer.

And the two big freakouts I've witnessed were all people taking piddling amounts too. Perhaps just enough to get their brain going weird but not enough to feel good.

Yes, an unexpectedly weak experience is way worse than an unexpectedly strong one. It's not pleasant having time dilate while not having quite enough attention span or inspiration to do anything in it apart from mental self-examination.

Decades ago, I had an older girlfriend who told me that one day in the 60s, she was tripping with her then boyfriend while riding pillion on his motorbike when they crashed. They fell off but didn't actually hit anything, and he told her to get back on the bike and they continued on their way. She reckoned that if she'd had time to think before getting back on, she'd have probably freaked out but her boyfriend's calm reaction meant she didn't really think about it till much later.

Johnny Yesno

Pingers

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 15, 2020, 12:26:02 PM
Is there a film to watch that might make me want to try acid?

Not Dead Man's Shoes

chveik

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 15, 2020, 12:26:02 PM
Is there a film to watch that might make me want to try acid?

popcorn_private_tape_leaked.mp4

touchingcloth

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 15, 2020, 11:49:37 AM
It's absolutely nothing like salvia. Salvia is dysphoric - i.e the opposite of euphoric. LSD is euphoric. Salvia takes you to a strange foreign land. LSD just enhances reality.  It's like comparing incredible sex and an oven mitt. They couldn't be more different.

If you've got any worries then keep some benzodiazapines with you and hold one under your tongue until it dissolves if you start feeling anxious.

Oh also if you're gonna drop acid for the first time then take a proper amount. Probably a tab. You want to take between 100 and 200ugs I reckon. A lot of people are nervous so take a quarter of a tab and get stuck in some netherworld where they can neither watch sitcoms or appreciate OK Computer.

And the two big freakouts I've witnessed were all people taking piddling amounts too. Perhaps just enough to get their brain going weird but not enough to feel good.

Maybe one day, but I'd need to find a guy to sort it from, and I don't know any guys. It'll probably just be like salvia on acid anyway.

a peepee tipi

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 15, 2020, 09:27:10 AM
The really hilarious thing is when you take a tab, wait a couple of hours, decide it's not coming up and try another one. When you start lifting off ten minutes later, you realise that it was probably only about 20 minutes since you banged the first lot, and the second lot havent even hit your stomach yet.
Yep, did this my first time totally uneducated. It was a blast

Thanks for the music and positive energy gang, it was very much appreciated

holyzombiejesus

Favourite acid time was sledging in a blizzard on christmas eve and then going back to my friend's house and listening to Spiderland at 45 rpm.

Worst was getting my head kicked in outside Ritzy on a Monday night and having to go in an ambulance to A&E. My friend broke his fingers in a door on acid which wouldn't have been much fun either.

It used to be so common and widespread when I was in my late teens. We'd dunk one in each others pints in the pub for a laugh and wait for an unsuspecting friend to start coming up (and then all take one anyway and look after each other). I've probably done more than was healthy but it's by far my favourite drug. Sex was fucking ace on it, felt like you were cumming from your toes.

non capisco

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 14, 2020, 10:23:52 PM
When Phil Mitchell got addicted to crack on EastEnders, he liked to sing along loudly to The Who.

My favourite detail of Phil's brief visit to crack hell is that after two days on the pipe all the framed decorations on the walls of the flat he was in were hung slightly askew. Just say no, gang, unless you want to end up with WONKY PICTURES!

non capisco

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 14, 2020, 10:32:17 PM
Non capisco is the 'Enders expert around here. He should be able to clear up the chronology of P-Mitch's addictions.

Unfortunately this year's final and absolute negation on CaB of my cherished  'Gutbuster' memory has skewered any claims I might make to be an Eastenders expert. I can confirm he was on crack for a bit around 2011, inbetween his many alcoholic episodes including that christmas he actually turned yellow. Thought he might have been on "miaow miaow" and shagging a bloke in a van for a bit but realised I was confusing him with Paul Ross.

Non Stop Dancer

I've only had a couple mild experiences of it, with the good and bad that comes with it. Probably the weirdest thing that happened is that I looked at my friend and said to him that he looked a bit like that well known cartoon character who's name I couldn't place, but what I was getting at is that in my head there was a cartoon character that was as commonly known as mickey mouse, and he looked like him, although in reality the character I was thinking of didn't actually exist, but in the dimension I existed in at the time, he did exist, but I couldn't tell you his name or what he actually looked like. Even trying to describe the experience doesn't make sense does it? Anyone else had anything like that? It's a bit like that Hypnogogic state in between being awake and asleep where you experience what feels like a fully realised thought, only for it to slip through your fingers and forget even the vaguest thing about it half a second later.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on October 17, 2020, 03:20:01 PMwhere you experience what feels like a fully realised thought, only for it to slip through your fingers and forget even the vaguest thing about it half a second later.

this is par for the course, especially when you throw a few nitrous balloons into the equation.

*huffs nitrous balloon*
'Wow, I immediately understand the meaning of life, the universe and everything! It's so simple, I can't wait to tell everyone about this'
*exhales*
'....And now it's gone.'

Reminds me of this Erowid trip report, surely one of the finest Erowid entries, of someone who managed to wreck their life on the acid / nitrous combo. Every paragraph contains something glorious, like:

QuoteThis was the time that I almost completed my space/time/ship.

Sebastian Cobb

Gonna hijack this MASSIVE DRUGS thread to highlight the fact I made an induction heater for me dynavap with bits sourced from Aliexpress. Quite chuffed with how well it's turned out tbh.

Dex Sawash

Hand Solo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 17, 2020, 03:51:27 PM
Gonna hijack this MASSIVE DRUGS thread to highlight the fact I made an induction heater for me dynavap with bits sourced from Aliexpress. Quite chuffed with how well it's turned out tbh.

???

I get the induction heater part, why do you need a heater for a vape?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 17, 2020, 04:47:29 PM
???

I get the induction heater part, why do you need a heater for a vape?

Because it's a dynavap, they're not electrically self-heating, you normally heat them with a flame (e.g. a jet lighter), it's got a bi-metallic bit of metal in the cap that clicks when it's up to temperature.

The induction heater does it more evenly and cleanly and doesn't need refilling.

Hand Solo

Right-o, what's the advantage/disadvantage of not having a vape that has its own heating element, smaller obviously but wouldn't they be a pain to use since you need to externally heat them all the time with a lighter like a normal fag? You're not going to carry that box around with you like my pet brick are you?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 17, 2020, 05:11:43 PM
Right-o, what's the advantage/disadvantage of not having a vape that has its own heating element, smaller obviously but wouldn't they be a pain to use since you need to externally heat them all the time with a lighter like a normal fag? You're not going to carry that box around with you like a pet brick are you?

It doesn't need charging, gives a good puff and has a small chamber so is quite economical. I also have a Crater electric vape, that's basically a pax clone but it's actually more of a faff in some ways. I actually tend to use the crater when I'm out and about as it looks more clandestine than lighting a metal pipe like a crackhead.

The box is just for home use obviously. It currently uses a brick power supply but I might upgrade it to use a few li-on cells at some point just so it's more portable (within the home).

Hand Solo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 17, 2020, 05:15:48 PM
I actually tend to use the crater when I'm out and about as it looks more clandestine than lighting a metal pipe like a crackhead.

Yeah, I assumed you'd get dodgy comments lighting that in most places, a word in the bouncer's ear etc.

Paul Calf

I tried heroin. It's shit. I honestly gave it a few goes but it made me feel like shit.

Acid is fucking insane, but it's not really a recreational drug. I hate to sound like a stereotypical drugs wanker, but you really need to respect it, and have a very patient sober sitter especially if it's your first time.

I still maintain that everyone without medical or psychiatric contraindications should take it at least once though.

Sebastian Cobb

I've always been fearful of acid because I sometimes do get the fear on other drugs, although usually during comedowns.

I've had great fun on 2ci and the like though so I'd probably be fine.

gib

Cobbers, why have you got a drill bit sticking out the side of your 'vap?

shagatha crustie

Tripping in the pub, sex while tripping - how? Wtf are you guys made of? I took acid a handful of times and even moving from one room of my own house to another was a total ordeal.

JaDanketies

Sex while tripping is the most natural thing to do when tripping imho
... Probably not while that Super Ae album plays in the background. Maybe Hendrix or the Paranoid album or something

Ray Travez

...and Heaven knows I'm miserable now [/tag]

Ray Travez

Probably my best trip- a few guys I knew stopped me in the street, showing me a bag of mushrooms. -Are these the right ones? -yeah, that's them. They took theirs and then gave me the bag. I was on my way to choir practice, so I started munching them on the way. It was a half-hour walk, no idea how many I ate.

At choir I had a whale of a time. Making up new harmonies to songs, singing whatever I wanted. To me it sounded glorious. One song I distinctly remember finishing about three seconds after everyone else. I realised no-one else was singing, and thought, 'oh I should probably stop there.' My mate says "you're enjoying yourself tonight." I think he'd twigged. Amazed I didn't get thrown out. The choir director had a nasty temper and was a perfectionist, but I think I got leeway because I was a strong bass singer. Short supply in a young man's choir.

Shared some more with my mate Cookie on the way home. We found an abandoned shopping trolley, and pushed it along the street, adding to our 'shop' as we went- "I'm going to add..  this atom"... "I'm going get... this tumbling newspaper"

Walking back to mine alone, I'd never seen Dogshit Alley look so beautiful, like a Japanese garden in Springtime.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Ray Travez on October 17, 2020, 10:46:20 PM
Walking back to mine alone, I'd never seen Dogshit Alley look so beautiful, like a Japanese garden in Springtime.

Poetry..

peanutbutter

Taking LSD once a month through furlough to break the monotony kept me sane tbh. Probably overdue some. ~200ug seems the sweet spot for me in that I get a nice level of euphoria but am somehow able to watch damn near any film once it gets to about the 5 hour mark.

Now it's just cocaine to bump our moods if me and whoever I'm hanging out with are having a shit time. Literally one line and I lock it away cos it seems shite after the first line to me, total waste.
Would rather MDMA but seemingly everyone I know that I can hang out with atm is on anti depressants and by myself seems a bit of a waste. Had some 2CB one night too but it seemed like I needed to take way more and it'd still be kinda shit.