Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

when is the next national lockdown going to start

Started by kittens, October 14, 2020, 04:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

like all right-thinking denizens of the uk, the lockdown and attendant 6 paid months off work that occurred earlier this year was among the best things to ever happen to me. i crave being locked down and paid for the privilege. when do you predict my misery will be over and britain will return to the sanity and safety of total lockdown? my prediction: TWO WEEKS TODAY

NoSleep

They'll just continue to umm and ahh about one for a few months and then express "regret" and "sadness" at the inevitable fucking death toll.

kittens

please, only post in this thread if you are predicting a full lockdown soon. HOPE not HATE

bgmnts

Like, you're joking but I genuinely feel really good about lockdown so fuck it.

kittens

i am not joking. lockdown was honestly the best thing to happen to me in years.

MojoJojo

They'll probably do a short two week lockdown around half term.

kittens

poo

Cloud

Half term, we're just awaiting the traditional u turn

Ferris

3 weeks from today, a lockdown will be declared for 4 months until the vaccine is out and distributed amongst the drones.

That's a FerrisPromiseTM so you can take it to the bank.

bgmnts

Quote from: Cloud on October 14, 2020, 04:55:25 PM
Half term, we're just awaiting the traditional u turn

On the last day before lockdown we should all be allowed to bring our toys in.

Ferris

(Just want to make kittens feel better. There won't be a second lockdown, lives profits are at stake!)

kittens

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 14, 2020, 04:57:49 PM
(Just want to make kittens feel better. There won't be a second lockdown, lives profits are at stake!)

kill you for this

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 14, 2020, 04:57:13 PM
3 weeks from today, a lockdown will be declared for 4 months until the vaccine is out and distributed amongst the drones.

That's a FerrisPromiseTM so you can take it to the bank.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 14, 2020, 04:57:49 PM

Even shitter than NatWest.

Cloud

Haha, news pop up 1 minute ago: "Boris Johnson considering two-week England-wide lockdown for half-term"

Alberon

Even that useless banana won't u-turn that quickly, surely?

His much vaunted three tiers system has only just launched!

Shit Good Nose

It SHOULD be over half term, but it won't be as that would be the sensible thing to do.  It'll be a week or two later when all the kids are back at school spreading it again. 

Either that or they'll just wait until christmas and new year when most industry is on holiday.

Icehaven

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 14, 2020, 05:12:55 PM

Either that or they'll just wait until christmas and new year when most industry is on holiday.

I think this is quite likely, however it'll also be pointless as even more people than were going to the beach in Summer will say "Fuck it, we're not cancelling Christmas" and ignore it.

jobotic

They're making such a spectacular fuck up of the three tier fuck up that maybe they will give up on it.

Heads won't roll.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on October 14, 2020, 04:58:56 PM
kill you for this

Yeah cos banged up in jail for murder the only way you'll get LOCKED DOWN lmao

ASFTSN

Quote from: kittens on October 14, 2020, 04:28:26 PM
like all right-thinking denizens of the uk, the lockdown and attendant 6 paid months off work that occurred earlier this year was among the best things to ever happen to me

Can't imagine it. Just literally can't imagine what it was like. Immediately had to work from home with no let up. I envy you your employer's inflexibility. Mine immediately just said "Great, now we can use this to action things with more efficiency" and other such shits.

kittens

if it's any consolation i was on 80% of fuck all pay. but i won't pretend it wasn't absolutely amazing.

dissolute ocelot

Nobody will obey a full lockdown any more. Conscript everyone 18-55 to patrol the streets and enforce it with tanks and guns, and lock up the rest.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kittens on October 15, 2020, 12:13:53 PM
if it's any consolation i was on 80% of fuck all pay. but i won't pretend it wasn't absolutely amazing.

I have kind of the mirror of this. I have only 2 hours work a day but get paid full time hours and have to remember to set events off on the system at certain points so I look like I'm working. Otherwise can read, write, play guitar, go for walks, cook, shag fit birds*

*can. can.

Natnar

I'm curious of what people who've had and recovered from Covid think of the lockdown. Is there a bit of resentment there?.  There must be hundreds of thousands of people by now who have recovered but the media only seems to be focusing on those who have had ongoing problems since recovering.

Cuellar

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 15, 2020, 07:31:00 PM
Nobody will obey a full lockdown any more. Conscript everyone 18-55 to patrol the streets and enforce it with tanks and guns, and lock up the rest.

I would actually do this. You may say that would have made me prime brown shirt fodder in the bad old days, but I say this: it would not.

Norton Canes

Lancashire going into Tier 3 repeat Lancashire going into Tier 3. But it's not lockdown. 

kittens

i have it on very good authority there is going to be a national lockdown very soon.  you can trust me on this.