Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

when is the next national lockdown going to start

Started by kittens, October 14, 2020, 04:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Lucky for you. I work at a uni so I still have to go in!

Won't a lockdown without closing schools do fuck all?

Zetetic

idunnosomename

As it's a Saturday I'd expect it at 5:10 after a Tom and Jerry cartoon to mess up the schedules until match of the day.

Fambo Number Mive

Any second lockdown needs to include a supportive furlough scheme.

Zetetic

JamesTC

Close non-essential shops... despite the fact that it has a negligible impact on the R rate? So they are ignoring the science even when it backs up supporting the economy. Fucking incompetent cunts.

JamesTC

And we will never hear about regional tiers again.

Butchers Blind

Attila

Can't wait.

I was nearly two hours on trains Friday morning trying to get to campus for my four face-to-face class meetings with students.

I can't blame the students for not coming, but over the past few weeks, attendance in my classes has dwindled to almost nothing -- maybe 2 or 3 show up in the class, and another handful dial in on Teams (and don't participate). The ones who show up more often than not are not prepared for the seminars despite me creating interactive discussions on Canvas, padlets for anonymous discussion and questions, and all sorts of things. My university is desperate to stay open and to keep the students on campus -- I'm actually really afraid of what lockdown is going to do to  us job-wise, cos I can't see the students putting up with this much longer.

And my university keeps insisting that we have no covid cases on campus -- that the 39 cases reported as of last Friday (up from about 6 the previous Friday) are not on campus, just 'associated' with the campus.

Zetetic

Fambo Number Mive

Zetetic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 31, 2020, 04:59:06 PM
Is Johnson doing a really long poo?

1830 now.

Is this what happens in a normal country? Probably - I couldn't say.

kittens

bet my fuckin shop doesn't shut. argh this is so tense. lockdown cometh

Zetetic

Do you work in a nightclub or sexual entertainment venue?

idunnosomename

What the fuck. Does this fat cunt think hes axl rose or something

poo

Congrats guys, pleased for you 👍👍🇬🇧🇬🇧

kittens

bgmnts

The closing down of non-essential shops but allowing big shops to sell non-essentials is just trying to get rid of small businesses isn't it? It absolutely has to be.

Butchers Blind

He should postpone.  We're still mourning the loss of Shaun Conary.

jobotic

Why bother? Just get Cummings to send the speech to his client journalists. Not like its important.

steveh

Hoping for a new slogan. It's been a while since the last one.

Zetetic

Zetetic

Quote from: steveh on October 31, 2020, 05:18:59 PM
Hoping for a new slogan. It's been a while since the last one.

PERMITTED FOR WORK

Icehaven

If he doesn't fucking resign as soon as this is sorted I'll...not be remotely surprised.

BlodwynPig