Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

when is the next national lockdown going to start

Started by kittens, October 14, 2020, 04:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on October 16, 2020, 11:18:28 AM
i have it on very good authority there is going to be a national lockdown very soon.  you can trust me on this.

Appreciate this mate but actually I only said it to cheer you up.

Norton Canes

ASFTSN

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 15, 2020, 08:40:22 PM
I have kind of the mirror of this. I have only 2 hours work a day but get paid full time hours and have to remember to set events off on the system at certain points so I look like I'm working. Otherwise can read, write, play guitar, go for walks, cook, shag fit birds*

*can. can.

Is this supposed to make me very jealous and angry because if so it's working. I want a drinking bird wfh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

i have it on very good authority there is going to be a national lockdown very soon.  you can trust me on this.

Please provide details of said authority. I want names, I want positions, I want dates.

phantom_power

Quote from: Natnar on October 16, 2020, 10:41:30 AM
I'm curious of what people who've had and recovered from Covid think of the lockdown. Is there a bit of resentment there?.  There must be hundreds of thousands of people by now who have recovered but the media only seems to be focusing on those who have had ongoing problems since recovering.

Having it is no guarantee of not getting it again so they are in the same boat as the rest of us until more is known about the long-term effects

kittens

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 11:58:54 AM
Please provide details of said authority. I want names, I want positions, I want dates.

i made a wish in a wishing well yesterday lunchtime.

scarecrow

Quote from: phantom_power on October 16, 2020, 12:31:37 PM
Having it is no guarantee of not getting it again so they are in the same boat as the rest of us until more is known about the long-term effects
It's shocking how even though the possibility of herd immunity has been roundly debunked, the media are still referring to it as though it's a potential - albeit controversial - strategy.

buttgammon

NPHET (like the Irish version of SAGE but independent from the government) is calling for a nationwide level 5 lockdown again, this time for six weeks. I wonder how the government will find an excuse to ignore them this time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kittens on October 16, 2020, 12:38:39 PM
i made a wish in a wishing well yesterday lunchtime.

What is the track record of the wishing well? Does it have a good rating on TripAdvisor?

SpiderChrist

Great. Father in law had a stroke about 5 weeks ago (I bet he did, the dirty old etc) and is still in hospital - Mrs SpiderChrist is the only visitor allowed at the mo, but I guess soon enough the poor old cunt won't get any.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: buttgammon on October 16, 2020, 12:49:47 PM
NPHET (like the Irish version of SAGE but independent from the government) is calling for a nationwide level 5 lockdown again, this time for six weeks. I wonder how the government will find an excuse to ignore them this time.
1,000 new cases this evening.

buttgammon

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 16, 2020, 09:22:24 PM
1,000 new cases this evening.

Cabinet meeting today: "great news! The numbers were lower yesterday than Wednesday or Thursday, we're clearly going in the right direction so we can stop the lockdown talk and get back to our main job of supporting big multinationals that don't pay tax here."

kittens

wales going into piddly little 2 week lockdown for babys. come on england show them how it's done lock us down till christmas and beyond

Icehaven

Quote from: kittens on October 19, 2020, 03:22:52 PM
wales going into piddly little 2 week lockdown for babys.

Cue the thunder of hooves of non-Welsh students heading home between now and Friday when the Welsh lockdown starts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The impact of the Welsh lockdown will be hugely impaired if England, Scotland, and all of Ireland don't join in around the same time.

bgmnts

Just 17 days for us, if the email from my gym is correct. Odd.

Edit - thats including the weekend ffs

buttgammon

Six weeks in Ireland starting on Wednesday night. The next few days are going to be mad.

bgmnts

Jeff Bezos definitely will be sending out infected into communities to keep the lockdown going until Christmas, imagine the money the cunt would make. 

paruses

Quote from: bgmnts on October 19, 2020, 07:19:11 PM
Just 17 days for us, if the email from my gym is correct. Odd.

Edit - thats including the weekend ffs
That's to cover half term traffic that might be spread over two weeks someone working for the council was telling me. Might be bullshit but sounds plausible.

Quote from: buttgammon on October 19, 2020, 08:28:13 PM
Six weeks in Ireland starting on Wednesday night. The next few days are going to be mad.
That's fucking Halloween cancelled.

I don't care, I'm decorating the house and getting in sugary crap anyway.

buttgammon

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 19, 2020, 10:14:55 PM
That's fucking Halloween cancelled.

I don't care, I'm decorating the house and getting in sugary crap anyway.

It's my birthday the day before so I'm going out to buy a load of cigars as antique books before non-essential shops close.

Micheál Martin getting thick with a reporter on RTÉ now, "goverments can't stop a virus spreading, it spreads where people congregate" you'll be doing something about Direct Provision centres then Taoiseach I'm sure

smiling through gritted teeth like a Lidl-brand Vladimir Putin

fan sa bhaile arís

Wonderful Butternut

Zetetic

bgmnts

What is with the weird jargon like circuit breaker and fire break?

QuoteWe are currently tracking to our Reasonable Worst Case (RWC) that projects around 18,000 hospitalisations and 6,000 deaths due to Covid-19 over the winter period.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on October 20, 2020, 08:07:40 AM

pandemic for dummies (for the media basically)

fire break like Wales is pristine forest and England is a raging inferno

Cloud

This was mentioned somewhere last night (probably Have I Got News) - "lockdown"  has negative connotations (particularly with the, well, anti-lockdown crowd), and they believe that rebranding it will help it to slip under the radar somehow.

Couple of mates have been back and forth to Wales on mini holidays pretty much every other week since the restrictions were eased so this will throw them a bit.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: bgmnts on October 20, 2020, 08:07:40 AM
Fire break seems very unfortunate as it usually means destroying a good chunk of pristine forest/buildings to protect the rest. Kill all the oldies near the border!

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 19, 2020, 06:05:29 PM
The impact of the Welsh lockdown will be hugely impaired if England, Scotland, and all of Ireland don't join in around the same time.
Offa's Dyke reinstated. Good luck getting into Wales before Christmas. Poor Jonah, woman who had sex with dolphins, etc.

It'll be interesting to see if Scotland follows suit. Nicola Sturgeon has said no new lockdown but if the current pub closures result in everyone getting covidy at home, she'll have to instigate one in the run-up to Xmas. Good.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 11:58:54 AM

I've been told there'll be a new lockdown by a friend of mine we'll call "D. Cummings", no that's too obvious, let's call him "Dominic C."

ASFTSN

Quote from: Cloud on October 20, 2020, 08:21:04 AM
This was mentioned somewhere last night (probably Have I Got News) - "lockdown"  has negative connotations (particularly with the, well, anti-lockdown crowd), and they believe that rebranding it will help it to slip under the radar somehow.

Yes, why lock down when you can lock up, or even more fun, lock in.