Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:11:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

when is the next national lockdown going to start

Started by kittens, October 14, 2020, 04:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Twitter thread on the briefings being given to The Times:
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1322294630906503171

"Alarming" "new" [English] NHS data.

Cursus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 30, 2020, 10:34:35 PM
Its not new restrictions its lockdown

Right. Thanks. Both the Mail and the Times refer to "new lockdown restrictions" which made me wonder to what extent things would be locked down this time around.

From the Twitter thread that Zetetic cited it doesn't look as though schools and universities will close this time.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 30, 2020, 10:34:35 PM

Plus, didnt know biggy had been married!

Ha!

bgmnts

Fucking communists locking us down during a period of time where lots of people die.

JamesTC

Do we get a new three word slogan? My poor working class brain cannot understand more than three words.

Ferris

Quote from: JamesTC on October 30, 2020, 11:11:26 PM
Do we get a new three word slogan? My poor working class brain cannot understand more than three words.

GET COVID UNDONE

Zetetic

idunnosomename

only way to save Christmas lol what an idiot culture we are

idunnosomename

when the times front page looks dumber than the mail

jobotic

idunnosomename

education seems to be a priority but will they shut the high street again (like, clothes shops, yer Primarks, TK Maxx etc)

chveik

JamesTC

Non-essential shops have little impact on the R rate.

jobotic

JamesTC

Non-essential shops are all I care about. If I can't pop into the discount DVD/BR/CD shop once a week then I'll be slightly annoyed.

They are going to close Wetherspoons with this next lockdown, aren't they? Though I can imagine them offering free nursery services with every pint in order to stay open.

idunnosomename

you can only go in spoons for substantial meals atm in my borough

kittens

Butchers Blind

Cursus

According to Sky's Beth Rigby "No 10 has launched official leak inquiry via cabinet sec after details of meeting between PM/Hancock/Sunak/Gove were leaked last night. No 10 had wanted to hold announcements until Monday and now having to change plans. There are some very furious people in govt this morning."

Also, Boris isn't sporting are troops properly:

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

Why do you need to leave your house to #RemembertheFallen? Can't you shed a tear quietly in your sitting chair for the #FieldsofVerdun?

Or is this that #VirtueSignalling I've heard so much about

Buelligan

Verdun was more of a French thing, I doubt Daubney cares about the eurodead.  What a dreadful corpse-raking cunt he is.

imitationleather

Be hilarious if it ends up being a superspreader event.

Buelligan

Precisely.  Let's parade our humble virtue by endangering people who are alive.

bgmnts

Even as a teenager I found something slightly off about the way we glorify the sacrifices made by those poor buggers. I used to think it's because I was a bit autistic or iconoclastic but I genuinely think I'm in the right here.

buttgammon

Quote from: bgmnts on October 31, 2020, 10:30:55 AM
Even as a teenager I found something slightly off about the way we glorify the sacrifices made by those poor buggers. I used to think it's because I was a bit autistic or iconoclastic but I genuinely think I'm in the right here.

The poppy chuggers came to my A Level sociology class and nobody gave them a donation,  including the teacher. We'd all be shot if that happened now.

Pink Gregory

You remember the dead by not creating more dead.

Most of them died between 18 and 24.  Fuck poppy supremacy and performative remembrance.  They were little more than teenagers.  We should feel shame for war, not pride.

bgmnts

Quote from: Wilfrid OwenIf in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est