Author Topic: Gimme some organic quirky textural ambience (please)  (Read 975 times)

Brundle-Fly

• *Jooolie Andreeeews!! Thhhrrrrp!!!!*
Re: Gimme some organic quirky textural ambience (please)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 07:35:48 PM »
Fast Asleep - Funki Porcini album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m16a4aDYPE

Powers - Andy Partridge album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQT8KgZ8WFA

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 08:02:50 PM »
Norm Chambers / Panabrite

I feel like this hits the nail of the topic title right on the head. "Science Of The Sea" was released as if it was a reissue of a private press album from the early 80s by a guy called Jurgen Muller, which was quite a nice gentle prank. It's really good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FGl5XJg6Zc

Crabwalk

• I hope you enjoy drinking dirty toilet water.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 04:10:54 PM »
That's lovely in both concept and execution, Famous Mortimer.

Mollusk, have you heard Bibio's ambient album from a few years back, Phantom Brickworks? A lovely organic balm that doesn't fade too far into background.

Two Paths

Capel Celyn

Add a few lo-fi beats to a lot of the textures in this thread and you get Tokimonsta (potentially waaay off topic but a few suggestions reminded me of them so here we go).

Midnight Menu (Full Album)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:30:47 PM by Crabwalk »

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 04:31:15 PM »
It might be a little bit noisy for your purposes, but:

Not Half

have produced some things that I've enjoyed recently. He didn't make them recently, but I'm a decade behind on everything important. "I Want It To Be 1983 Again" and "Excluded From Owning Recording Equipment" are both decent, or at least have some decent sections.

The Mollusk

• We whipped 'em, didn't we?
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 04:53:41 PM »
I'm on a big folk vibe today and am totally not arsed at all about ambient music because my brain is an ALL OR FUCKIN' NOWT sort (big part of ADHD is hyperfocusing on something for like three days straight and then getting totally bored of it), but I have bookmarked this thread for when my next big ambient mood comes along. Many thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »
Ben Frost.
That's the name I was trying to think of - if you (hypothetical reader of this thread) have enjoyed some of the other things on here, his stuff is great. He does soundtracks for games and TV and so on, but even that is a cut above the average, and his actual albums are brilliant. Just listening to "Aurora" now and it's bloody lovely.

Tags: