Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

whistling in adverts

Started by BlodwynPig, October 14, 2020, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

*strum strum* OBNOXIOUS 1 second whistle-jingle.

The plague. The most recognisable currently of course is the McDonald's I'm lovin' it, but I saw one earlier for something or other and the whistle at the end was the limpest least memorable 4 or 5 nots in advert history. "Good job Frances on the new ad, loving the plaintive, inoffensive score...but it's missing the whistle...hang on, get your DAT recorder out" *whi whoo whoo whi whi*. "That'll get the kids flocking to buy the latest home insurance".

Chriddof

This has to have been going on for a decade or so by this point, surely? It certainly feels like it.

notjosh

studpuppet

Linda McCartney's got a lot to answer for.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: studpuppet on October 15, 2020, 01:02:10 PM
Linda McCartney's got a lot to answer for.

Yet they're still making sausages out of her.

boki

I often find it quite disturbing, a recent example being that TSB one with the whistling over what sounded a like a sped-up version of O Superman.  Burn down the banks. #TeamNeol

There was an eighties one for Apple (no, not the 1984-themed one) that creeped me out in a similar way.  I think it's when the ads end with just the whistling.  You're alone, or at lest you think.  All is quiet, except for some fucking whistling.  Who's doing it?  Where are they?  What do they want?  Will you survive this night?  Brrrrrr.  Buy shit.