Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dexter - Season 9

Started by Old Thrashbarg, October 14, 2020, 09:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Laguerta.

I forgot she turned into a bench.

The first season of Dexter so obviously didn't know what to do with any of the supporting cast, I can't believe they even bothered to invent any. Did the supporting cast have any purpose outside of season two? Were they involved in any compelling storylines? Other than that one time Batista and Quinn got stoned in a car, obviously. That was Emmy-worthy stuff.

bgmnts

Doakes was the best part of the show by a country mile.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2020, 10:05:42 PM
Laguerta.

I forgot she turned into a bench.

The first season of Dexter so obviously didn't know what to do with any of the supporting cast, I can't believe they even bothered to invent any. Did the supporting cast have any purpose outside of season two? Were they involved in any compelling storylines? Other than that one time Batista and Quinn got stoned in a car, obviously. That was Emmy-worthy stuff.

Batista done a restaurant

Quinn done an exam

AsparagusTrevor

I totally forgot about Quinn, did his character ever do anything of any note?

Also forgot about Laguerta becoming a bench. We could've got a spin off detective show, Batista and Laguerta (A Bench).

DrGreggles

amateur

Season 5 with Julia Stiles was very good, I thought. Absolute horseshit after that though.

Mister Six

Yeah I was surprised by season five being any good, as I assumed it would immediately jump the shark after the original showrunner left. Fuck me, season six was atrocious though.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 15, 2020, 10:51:29 PM

He wore some stripy shirts, and sometimes the colours were different.

Pseudopath

I'm struggling to remember some of the secondary character storylines too. Didn't Masuka try and bang his own daughter once?

easytarget

Quote from: Moribunderast on October 15, 2020, 04:14:53 AM

Dexter drives his boat at full throttle, the wind blowing through his hair and beard, which he is in the midst of shaving off. He passes a sign in the middle of the ocean: WELCOME TO MIAMI.

Guns'N'Roses "Welcome To The Jungle" plays as the audience wets itself with glee and anticipation for what will surely be an incredible season.

Dexter marries the woman who plays his sister "No." says everyone "Just ... no"
They divorce

Thomas

Dexter is hit on the head by a falling tree, and wakes up in Whitechapel in 1888.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Thomas on October 22, 2020, 11:17:16 AM
Dexter is hit on the head by a falling tree, and wakes up in Whitechapel in 1888.
He finds out that Jack The Ripper is actually himself from an alternate timeline, and kills himself, and the whole series ceases to exist.

jonno

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 15, 2020, 10:51:29 PM

He played the portner cord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiy28H64ofU