Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Does a photo of the old secondary Monster Munch shape exist on the internet?

Started by beanheadmcginty, October 14, 2020, 10:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb_dog

I love this place, and the fact buzby turned up as if on cue to impart his knowledge and research. A++ will read again.

Inspector Norse

touchingcloth

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 16, 2020, 08:36:05 AM
What could anyone possibly need with 1000 pairs of trainers?

Who could possibly resist 1,000 pairs of British Knights? British Knights is what you need, get the white power on your feet.

Absorb the anus burn

AsparagusTrevor

I still vividly remember the smell inside the bag when I excitedly opened Spaghetti Monster Munch and nearly gagged. They were absolutely foul. I recall the vanilla ice-cream flavour was also fucking rank.

Glebe

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 16, 2020, 09:53:33 AMI still vividly remember the smell inside the bag when I excitedly opened Spaghetti Monster Munch and nearly gagged. They were absolutely foul. I recall the vanilla ice-cream flavour was also fucking rank.

the

Quote from: buzby on October 16, 2020, 02:07:46 AMSpace Raiders, a band of intergalactic pirates led by 'ruthless female outlaw' Astra that KP's art department had loosely based on Sigue Sigue Sputnik Gaz Top

Actually, Chutney Starship would've been a very fitting alternative name for Sigue Sigue Sputnik.

Here's a nice pic of all four monsters together on a promotional chamber pot mug:

We weren't allowed monsters in our house, so we had to have Mister Munch. Salted Liver Mister Munch.

AllisonSays

I had a packet of Monster Munch the other day and I felt cerain they'd changed in flavour and consistency since the last time I'd had them, maybe two or three years ago. Big disappointment.

idunnosomename

I am perplexed by the trend of using overly dramatic and serious space opera comics to promote maize-based snacks

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 16, 2020, 11:11:28 AM
I am perplexed by the trend of using overly dramatic and serious space opera comics to promote maize-based snacks

So that's what ultimate mystification Aleister Crowley was trying to question in his last moments.

Norton Canes

Three pages in and still no mention of Atom Smashers?

Valentine 'In The Name Of All That Is Evil' Dyall voicing this ad, I reckon

Norton Canes

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 16, 2020, 11:11:28 AM

If you want overly dramatic and serious space opera comics used to promote decidedly un-dramatic products, Captain Staedtler's your man:

El Unicornio, mang

I'm glad there's people who had the foresight back in the 1980s or whenever to keep their empty crispy packets for future generations to pore over.

gib

buzby

Quote from: gib on October 16, 2020, 11:38:23 AM
Now we need to know which puffed maize snack appeared first.
They go back to the late 1940s in the US, but I believe the first extruded corn snack launched in the UK was Smith's Quavers in 1968, followed by Golden Wonder's Wotsits in 1970 (which was a copy of Frito's Cheetos from the US).

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: buzby on October 16, 2020, 12:03:29 PM
which was a copy of Frito's Cheetos from the US

And which are also much nicer.  Cheetos taste a bit like sick.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: AllisonSays on October 16, 2020, 10:30:16 AM
I had a packet of Monster Munch the other day and I felt cerain they'd changed in flavour and consistency since the last time I'd had them, maybe two or three years ago. Big disappointment.

That will be because they'd gone stale.

dr beat

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 16, 2020, 11:35:27 AM
If you want overly dramatic and serious space opera comics used to promote decidedly un-dramatic products, Captain Staedtler's your man:

The advertising company who came up with Captain Staedtler will of course have written an 80-page dossier detailing his background, upbringing, personality, hopes, dreams, inside leg measurements etc.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Glebe on October 16, 2020, 01:05:37 PM
Mr. Tayto Confirms The Return Of Banshee Bones For Halloween.

This is remarkable news for Irish crisps fans.

I'd rather they re-release (here in England I mean) their deluxe/luxury/whatever they were called range to be honest.  Those were amazing.

EDIT - Tayto Craft.

Norton Canes

Quote from: the on October 16, 2020, 12:36:12 PM
I really want a t-shirt like Captain Staedtler's

Pretty sure you could remove the helmet (stop it) from this vector version of the logo and submit it to some online t-shirt printing company.

the

Oh I've made my own t-shirts many a time, I was just being whimsical. It's a good logotype, but looks surprisingly good on its own, black on orange.

idunnosomename

helo buzby what was the worlds biggest crisp.

idunnosomename, aged 28

edit i am being a silly billy but this of course is a thing if you search google for it

http://www.worldslargestthings.com/washington/potatochip.htm

"The Guinness Book of World Records qualifies this as the world's largest potato "crip". The oddity was made by a team of food engineers employed by Proctor & Gamble, Cincinnati, Ohio, June 3 1991."

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 16, 2020, 03:23:36 PM
helo buzby what was the worlds biggest crisp.

idunnosomename, aged 28

edit i am being a silly billy but this of course is a thing if you search google for it

http://www.worldslargestthings.com/washington/potatochip.htm

"The Guinness Book of World Records qualifies this as the world's largest potato "crip". The oddity was made by a team of food engineers employed by Proctor & Gamble, Cincinnati, Ohio, June 3 1991."

Lies, all lies - that's clearly a poppadom.