Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goldentony's unfair dismissal case

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2020, 11:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 16, 2020, 11:40:19 AM
Outlook gives you a pop up saying the original meeting owner will be notified which could (should?) have saved Mr Otter's blushes.

Perhaps Mr H doesn't like him either?

I like that this seems to be the one issue that has totally united CaB. I expected there to be at least one outlier saying that sacking him for that was a bit much.

Dex Sawash

Buelligan

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 16, 2020, 12:11:26 PM

I like that this seems to be the one issue that has totally united CaB. I expected there to be at least one outlier saying that sacking him for that was a bit much.

I don't think you're right about that.  IMO, Otter should have been promoted, he should have Blotto's job at least.  What we need are more people in power with absolutely no qualms at all about murdering their enemies.  This is Capitalism.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Pingers on October 16, 2020, 08:56:29 AM
"Mr Otter, do you think your comments regarding Mr Blott could be seen as in any way reasonable?"

"Fuck off you cunt, your honour"

Time to repost this legend:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/jan/09/judge-who-swore-at-abusive-defendant-cleared-of-misconduct

Pingers

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 16, 2020, 01:02:42 PM
Time to repost this legend:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/jan/09/judge-who-swore-at-abusive-defendant-cleared-of-misconduct

Ha, I'd forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder. One of the petty joys in my job is picking out colorful passages in otherwise very dry legal documents or court judgements, like when a judge says "And then you proceeded to call X a 'rude cunt' and a 'spacker'".

Icehaven

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 16, 2020, 11:40:19 AM
Outlook gives you a pop up saying the original meeting owner will be notified which could (should?) have saved Mr Otter's blushes.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 16, 2020, 12:11:26 PM

Or Mr. H didn't even realise what he was doing and is now squarely off Mr. Otter's Christmas card list.

Ferris

Off the "xmas card" list, directly on to "enemies" list.