Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bad fans

Started by Utter Shit, October 15, 2020, 01:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on October 18, 2020, 10:11:29 PM
I can't remember the name of the bar I was in, which is REALLY annoying me. It wasn't one of my regular haunts (too townieish and too full of poseurs, if that's not a contradiction in terms) but for some reason I was there that night. Come on, you know the place. Near the back of Cole Brothers and opposite the Wapentake. Near Bobby's pizza place where my mate Graeme got stood up.

Henry's! I've just trawled through Sheffield Forum to find that out. Apparently it's still open although it's about 20 years since I last set foot in the place. I'm sure it changed its name at one point too. I do realise that this is of no interest to anyone except me of course.

New page Jockice continues his spectacular run of new pages in this thread.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Jockice on October 18, 2020, 09:07:02 AM
Twice in my life I've seen people with a certain level of fame wanting attention and not getting it.

One time my mum was with a group of her friends and they slammed the door in Bonnie Langford's face.  They were going in (or out) of a hotel in Leeds City Centre and Bonnie Langford was coming through the door in the opposite direction carrying a bunch of clothes on hangers while grinning and giving off an air of "LOOK AT ME I'M BONNIE LANGFORD!"

Funnily enough a few years ago another CaBber wrote about an almost identical incident but we compared notes and his mum hadn't been one of my mum's friends as I'd initially thought, and it was two separate incidents.

Captain Poodle Basher

About 2000 or 2001, myself and some friends were walking though Hammersmith Tube concourse when a bloke, dressed like The Witchfinder General, came towards us.

We looked at him and he looked at us until my mate piped up "It's Dave Hill from Slade!"

Dave beamed at this recognition, puffed himself up and awaited adulation and autograph requests and all he got was the rest of us congratulating my mate on his celeb spot as we continued on our way leaving Dave looking a bit crestfallen in our wake.

Thomas

In a flattering inversion of the trope, a celebrity lady once stood next to me in the crowd at a concert and - as my girlfriend noted - kept looking at me.

However, it was a celebrity everybody finds annoying (not Bonnie Langford)

Kelvin

Quote from: Thomas on October 19, 2020, 12:53:35 PM

Emu?

Thomas

never met Emu (thank god) but Mr Blobby made me cry

kngen

I stood next to disgraced Sky Sports presenter Andy Gray in line at the beer tent at the VIP bit in Reading festival a few years back. As I was a bit pissed I said something along the lines of 'Aye, you'll be shitting yourself since Celtic have signed [insert big-name signing that turned out to be a major disappointment. There's so many, I can't remember who it was now]. Rangers might as well hand us the title now.'

He muttered something about 'not really following Scottish football anymore' (lying bastard) and turned his back on me.

A wee bit later, I called my mate and said: 'You'll never guess who I just met. That hun Andy Gray. Aye. He's a TOTAL FUCKING WANK!'. Bit more chat and then put the phone away, turned around to head back to beer tent, and stood right behind me was the man himself, looking disconsolate.

I just made an 'Aye, well ...' face  and shrugged, then walked past him. To this day, I still feel a wee pang of guilt though. He looked very hurt.

non capisco

Quote from: Thomas on October 19, 2020, 12:53:35 PM
In a flattering inversion of the trope, a celebrity lady once stood next to me in the crowd at a concert and - as my girlfriend noted - kept looking at me.

Seeing as you live in Ireland I'm gonna guess the annoying celebrity lady was Mrs. Brown's Boys.

'I'd love to give that Thomas a feck, so I would.' That's what Mrs. Brown's Boys was thinking as she undressed you with her eyes.

Thomas

Mrs Brown's Boys' agent has advised me to neither confirm nor deny a relationship with Mrs Brown's Boys

Icehaven

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 19, 2020, 01:37:27 AM
One time my mum was with a group of her friends and they slammed the door in Bonnie Langford's face.  They were going in (or out) of a hotel in Leeds City Centre and Bonnie Langford was coming through the door in the opposite direction carrying a bunch of clothes on hangers while grinning and giving off an air of "LOOK AT ME I'M BONNIE LANGFORD!"

Funnily enough a few years ago another CaBber wrote about an almost identical incident but we compared notes and his mum hadn't been one of my mum's friends as I'd initially thought, and it was two separate incidents.

That's actually why Bonnie Langford's career petered out, she increasingly just wanted to walk in and out of Leeds hotels carrying clothes and seeing if anyone recognised her. She got into her head that she could only stop when someone held the door open for her but no one ever did so she's still there.

Quote from: Thomas on October 19, 2020, 01:03:08 PM
Mr Blobby made me cry

That silver-tongued devil, he woos with words of silk and velvet, then break your heart to pieces.

Glebe

Blobby's made everyone cry.

#sadnessinhiseyes

Benjaminos

Quote from: non capisco on October 16, 2020, 12:18:09 AM
I sometimes wonder if Blue Tulip Rose ever got over Mike Read. I genuinely hope so.

It would appear so, but only by moving on to Adrian Chiles, of all people: https://twitter.com/BlueTulipRead

JaDanketies

Quote from: Thosworth on October 18, 2020, 03:34:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of1-vkIS5sQ

Really enjoyed that docco Thosworth, thanks a lot. Must-see watch. I saw on Wikipedia that the League of Gentlemen used quotes by Blue Tulip Rose Read as newspaper headlines on the first season.  Here she is singing like a dog on Britain's Got Talent, which is considerably more exploitative than the stalker doc.