Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spider-Man 3: Into the Spider-Verse 2?

Started by Mister Six, October 15, 2020, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letsgobrian

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on August 26, 2021, 09:23:26 PM
I always liked Mr Immortal because he had no actual powers beyond being able to live forever: couldn't fight that well, wasn't super strong or fast or blessed with a big brain - he'd just always come back to life when he was killed, and found out his whole destiny is to live to witness the end of existence.

Given they managed to do something with the Guardians of the Galaxy, a Great Lakes Avengers film could be amusing.

He was part of the New Warriors pilot that apparently none of the myriad of Disney-owned outlets wanted anything to do with.  And even Helstrom eventually found a home.

Head Gardener

madhair60

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Who is Tara?

Great news for all self-flagellating MCU haters: Charlie Cox has been confirmed to be returning as Daredevil. Now you'll have absolutely no choice but to watch all of the Netflix shows as well. Otherwise, how will you know what's going on in all those other things that you don't want to watch?

Replies From View

Spider-Man films should never make sense on their own.  If you aren't terminally baffled by them then you are missing the point.

Jerzy Bondov

You can watch any MCU film or show without seeing any of the rest of it and understand exactly what's happening. It isn't that complicated, unless you're a baby who hasn't seen a film before

Spiteface

If they didn't do that, they'd make it all so impenetrable that they'd end up doing a big comic-style "event" that resets shit just so they can get newcomers in.

I'm half-expecting it anyway just so they can recast the likes of Steve Rogers Captain America, Iron Man, etc if it turns out casual moviegoers don't give a fuck about some of the stuff lined up.

Have they put Japanese Spider-Man in this yet? Bet they haven't, the cowards.

Goldentony

Love Boat intro but a film, love the notion

Replies From View

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 07, 2021, 07:07:04 PMYou can watch any MCU film or show without seeing any of the rest of it and understand exactly what's happening. It isn't that complicated, unless you're a baby who hasn't seen a film before

That's easy for you to say when you've already studied the crop of the gas people and the purple gonads and the mystiquing hybrox men and copperlass - when you've spent hours doing that you have no concept of the meaningless jumble it becomes for new folk.

Mister Six

Nah, you can understand what's happening easily enough so long as you're not a total moron, it's just hard to get emotional purchase on the stories when they depend so heavily on other films to establish relationships and characterisation.

Personally I wish they'd just do some totally self-contained, street-level Spider-Man stories, but saying they're impossible to understand is stupid. Every time you try to say something like this you rely heavily on hyperbole, because actually telling the truth would cause your argument to collapse.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on December 07, 2021, 08:56:23 PMNah, you can understand what's happening easily enough so long as you're not a total moron

Why is it fine for these franchises to discriminate against morons?

Quote from: Mister Six on December 07, 2021, 08:56:23 PMsaying they're impossible to understand is stupid. Every time you try to say something like this you rely heavily on hyperbole, because actually telling the truth would cause your argument to collapse.
Describes most of the complaints in these threads really.

"Oh, right! So I'm not allowed to say anything against your precious superheroes, am I?!"

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 07, 2021, 10:52:11 PMDescribes most of the complaints in these threads really.

"Oh, right! So I'm not allowed to say anything against your precious superheroes, am I?!"

True you can't move for people saying that

Lord Mandrake

I showed someone Infinity war who had never seen a marvel,they hated it. For the most part though, you can drop in anywhere and get it unless you're a total dunce.

On Daredevil, I assume they'll have to make it a few shades lighter than the superbly grotty netflix show.

madhair60

Butchers Blind

Seen the trailer, there's a shot of spidermen flying in the air fighting lots of big bads. Another winner from the Marvel lads.

purlieu

Quote from: Spiteface on December 07, 2021, 07:18:50 PMI'm half-expecting it anyway just so they can recast the likes of Steve Rogers Captain America, Iron Man, etc if it turns out casual moviegoers don't give a fuck about some of the stuff lined up.
I reckon the current version of the MCU will end with phase 6 and the whole lot will have a big reset button and it'll all start again. Although there's obviously the X-Men and Fantastic Four lined up, otherwise they're going to be largely betting on an increasingly obscure cast of characters, and although some of them have worked brilliantly in the past, some of the lukewarm responses to phase 4 entries so far have definitely been warnings. In ten years they'll decide to just restart the whole thing, much like the comics do, and then we'll have the Marvel Climate Collapse Universe run for ten years until watching films is a luxury few of us can afford.

Goldentony

I did actually see Civil War without seeing I think any of the connected films up to that point and got the jist because I read comics but also thought it was a load of dogshite from hell. I had nil desire to go back and see any of the films with the people in. The films i've seen since afteer that though have gone from fuck off to alright so maye the ensemble films are just shite? whos to say honestly, people say Thor Ragnarok is good so i'll watch that and Shazam and that'll be me til something else stupid looking comes out. Iron Mans 1, 2 3? fuck no, from a time period when they were giving mortgages away it can say nothing to me any more.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Spiteface on December 07, 2021, 07:18:50 PMHave they put Japanese Spider-Man in this yet? Bet they haven't, the cowards.

There's a Japanese spiderman in Into the Spider verse. Who's actually a girl.

Don't we have a thread for all the MCU is bollocks stuff?

Replies From View

Apparently in Iron Man 3 the Iron Man clamps down on all that free mortgage nonsense and everyone goes thanks Iron Man and he says no problem, all in a day's work of being made of iron

Dr Rock

Every day, someone starts watching a soap opera having no idea who anyone is or what happened before. Nobody under 70 currently watching Coronation Street saw the first episode.

Dr Rock

(And MCU movies are far more standalone than an episode of a soap)

When I first read a Marvel comic as a kid I was like 'who is he?' 'how can he do that?' 'is Dragon Man like a baby he seems to wear a nappy?' and that was good.

Goldentony

mans a spider, this ones a bat this ones super, this womans wonderful, this cunts on fire, easy this one has visions

Dr Rock

I watched Dr Who once and I was like 'a dalek I don't know what that is' and switched it off.

madhair60

Quote from: MojoJojo on December 08, 2021, 07:13:21 AMDon't we have a thread for all the MCU is bollocks stuff?

Yes, and I'm very grateful for it. But I will also be posting in the individual film threads.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 08, 2021, 09:05:53 AMEvery day, someone starts watching a soap opera having no idea who anyone is or what happened before. Nobody under 70 currently watching Coronation Street saw the first episode.

Thanks for demonstrating why soap operas are such barrel loads of interminable old toss

I know it's the fashion now to have things like Matrix sequels where the filmmakers gloat you need to buy a computer game as well for it to make sense, but fashion does not automatically equal good.

Dr Rock

I went round madhair's house and it was full of all Marvel posters and DVDs and a wall just for Hugh Jackman and that.

madhair60

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 08, 2021, 12:49:20 PMI went round madhair's house and it was full of all Marvel posters and DVDs and a wall just for Hugh Jackman and that.

shit. rumbled