Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Random Meetings With Former Musical Heroes.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, October 15, 2020, 11:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: grainger on October 19, 2020, 02:00:01 PM
Also, my other half had nearly (accidentally) hit him on a head with a drinks tray when she turned away from the counter; however he hadn't noticed this, because she was behind him.

Pete Wylie stopped Peter Hook from walking into me while carrying a tray of drinks in the backstage bar at Reading Festival in 1990.

New page whatever happened to all of the heroes?

Brundle-Fly

Twenty years ago, I once visited a small record store in Manchester where ex-Inspiral Carpet, Clint Boon was signing copies of his new single, Do What You Do (The Earworm Song). At this point, there were only two customers in the shop, and he was just forlornly sat there with his marker pen and a pile of CDs. I was pretty ambivalent about his old band but felt I should buy his new solo single out of pity courtesy.  Clint asked me if I 'thought it could be an 'earworm'. It was playing on a loop in the shop. I lied saying that I would probably be singing it all day now. He smiled and said something about how he hopes it will be a huge hit. I hoped it would be for him too because he was very likable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaySmGmgP7Y