Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:23:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SWANS 4 SALE

Started by Blue Jam, October 16, 2020, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 17, 2020, 01:31:23 PM
Thanks for that post, especially the last sentence because I would have been tempted to seek it out otherwise. What does it actually taste like? I'm imagining bacon but that would be ridiculous. And also too good to be true.

Yeah, no hint of bacon at all.  It's an odd flavour and texture (on account of the very high water content).  Descriptions of it being "gamey" are fairly spot on, which may sound nice, but it's not something I particularly want when I get the chrimbo cheese board out. 

I forgot to add it's also VERY expensive (again because of the difficulty and yield) - no way is it worth it.

Also-also, as bgmnts alluded to, pigs are big dangerous bastards.  A friend of mine has kept a large small-holding with a few pigs (amongst other animals) for years, and he's had his leg broken and serious bruising before now.

Captain Z

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 17, 2020, 01:36:02 PM
Have you fuckin seen this though?

https://www.portandterminal.com/leaked-video-watch-a-freaking-seagull-swallow-a-whole-rabbit-in-one-go/

That's some website, straight into the bookmarks for later.

Love the idea that this is "leaked". As if it's something the RSPB would otherwise keep tightly under wraps.

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 17, 2020, 01:36:02 PM
Have you fuckin seen this though?

https://www.portandterminal.com/leaked-video-watch-a-freaking-seagull-swallow-a-whole-rabbit-in-one-go/

:O

So many emotions watching that. Horror at the rabbit's squeaks, then a guilty laugh at the sight of its little legs sticking out of the seagull's mouth, then horror at the bones crunching... and pride at noting that this absolute unit of a cuntbeak is Welsh.

I'm sure you're all familiar with the brutal pelicans of St James's Park:

https://youtu.be/phUs2kIGY9M

Ahhhh, nature.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on October 17, 2020, 01:45:55 PM
Love the idea that this is "leaked". As if it's something the RSPB would otherwise keep tightly under wraps.

Yeah that made me laugh as well. Who's hiding this? And to whom did they leak it?

Either way, they'll never take down Big Seagull.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 17, 2020, 01:05:32 PM
Can you eat crows? I know you can bake four-and-twenty blackbirds in a pie, surely other corvids can be substituted as an alternative?

Blackbirds aren't corvids, they're thrushes. Anyway:

QuoteA Lakeland woman who was living in England at the time wrote to the Queen to ask for a gift of swans.

The given pair bred, and now 36 mute white swans are being sold.

Why are these 36 all descended from one pair 60 years ago not massively inbred, with six beaks and four wings?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 17, 2020, 01:55:44 PM
Why are these 36 all descended from one pair 60 years ago not massively inbred, with six beaks and four wings?

Perhaps they are, and that's why people are paying $400 for them. Why have a turkey with a paltry two legs when you could have an inbred mutant swan and feed your entire extended family?

I reckon that's why the CoD has them. Inbred birds for her inbred family. I bet Prince Phillip helps prepare the Christmas dinner, puts a swan on the drive and then spatchcocks it with his Fiat Uno.

Sebastian Cobb

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 17, 2020, 01:47:35 PM
:O

So many emotions watching that. Horror at the rabbit's squeaks, then a guilty laugh at the sight of its little legs sticking out of the seagull's mouth, then horror at the bones crunching... and pride at noting that this absolute unit of a cuntbeak is Welsh.

I quite like its insouciant  " nice bit of rabbit, that" looking around after the deed is done.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 17, 2020, 01:55:44 PM
Blackbirds aren't corvids, they're thrushes.
So don't eat them, or you'll end up feeling a burning itch.

touchingcloth

Sebastian Cobb

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 17, 2020, 01:22:27 PM
I have actually eaten moose
You live in Scotland, don't you? Are you saying you've eaten a mouse?