Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Should we feed hungry kids in our own country

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, October 16, 2020, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Conservative voters

47% - No
40% - Yes

source: YouGov, 16th October 2020

Mm, toughie to be fair that one

Mr_Simnock

Shit Good Nose

^
I'm more interested in what the remaining 13% were thinking.

Ominous Dave

Maybe they were assuming their au pairs would do it.

Fambo Number Mive

13% say it depends on whether their parents voted Leave or Remain.

batwings

oy vey

Respondents maybe referring to hungry conservative kids after a long day hitting the books in Eton, playing cricket or what have you?

Fambo Number Mive

"Only if we can make a profit on it" would probably be one of the responses. Gruel being made for pennies and sold at a massive markup to local councils.

I imagine the parents would be made to post on Facebook thanking the Government each time, or no gruel for your kids that day.

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 06:41:31 PM
Conservative voters

47% - No
40% - Yes

source: YouGov, 16th October 2020

A diversity of views, there.

imitationleather

The people who matter have spoken. No food for hungry kids is clearly the grown-up opinion and must be enacted at all costs.

Alberon

The other 13% were probably putting ideas forward to what the hungry kids could be fed to.

Tony Tony Tony

13% replied that the poor should eat their own children. After all they keep churning the little fuckers out so there is plenty to go round.

Non Stop Dancer

I fucking despise this country and want to see it nuked into oblivion, with me in it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on October 16, 2020, 07:55:56 PM
I fucking despise this country and want to see it nuked into oblivion, with me in it.

Careful mate, that sort of extremism will land you on a database. You'll probably get some crimes done on you by an undercover restaurant inspector.

jobotic

47% said no, we should feed hungry children in all countries, not just our own.

Nah, they're cunts. And they've won.

Sebastian Cobb

Those 47% will say 'we should help our own' when discussing foreign aid though. Guarantee it.

Bernice

Why don't these kids get on their bikes and look for work, like Norman Tebbit's da? Or take an IRA bomb to the spine, like Norman Tebbit's wife?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Thick of It nailed satirising the centrist response to policy which arbitrarily deprives real humans (why is Armando such a centrist when his crowning achievement is a brutal dissection of it?).

'Norwuns tryna fuck over special needs kidzz'

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 09:16:55 PM
The Thick of It nailed satirising the centrist response to policy which arbitrarily deprives real humans (why is Armando such a centrist when his crowning achievement is a brutal dissection of it?).

'Norwuns tryna fuck over special needs kidzz'

I think much like Guardian journalists, we have to accept it was just a fucking job to them, all grift.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There's a weird thing there, to be so immersed you can pick it apart with ease yet to - deservedly - great acclaim, yet be nearly completely against any reforming force.

olliebean

Not that I don't think this is an accurate representation of Tory voters' views, but the question was a disgrace. It asked whether schools should have to feed the kids during the holidays. So there was no option to say, of course kids who need it should be fed, but it should be the government's responsibility outside of term time, not the schools'. It can't be a good use of resources to keep school kitchens open during the holidays rather than use other kitchens which would be open anyway.

I still answered "yes," though, because I knew how the results would be used and I didn't want to be on the "don't feed the kids" side of the equation.

jobotic

It does seem a bit odd, with no context at all.

Pinball

But why wouldn't you? Seems jolly reasonable to me.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 09:28:53 PM
There's a weird thing there, to be so immersed you can pick it apart with ease yet to - deservedly - great acclaim, yet be nearly completely against any reforming force.

Maybe lots of the media class are actually just grifters and facilitator but we've been conditioned not to notice; so your Alex Jones', Peterson's and Laurence Fox's are the ones that stick out.

It's not really that different to these journalists pumping out the sordid details about Corbyn's failure, information that they sat on, to make themselves rich and further pursue their political goals, when you think about it. The difference is one of them did it at the time, for laughs, and the other did it later for money.

dissolute ocelot

Should we feed MPs, or should they all be forced to bring packed lunches?