Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

McCartney III

Started by Menu, October 17, 2020, 04:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 01, 2021, 11:45:17 AM

Japanese edition has 4 bonus tracks

'Woman and Wives (studio outtake)' loses the drums and percussion and starts off very similar to the master version (in fact the vocal for verses one and two sounds identical to these ears), but the middle section ("When tomorrow comes around..") is completely different. Paul sings unfamiliar lyrics and a completely different melody. It's clearly an early version, since I think he's definitely improved it for the master version, but it's fascinating nonetheless. Also verse three has different lyrics as well.

'Lavatory Lil (studio outtake)' is an entirely acoustic version of the track and there's nothing from the finished cut present in this version. In fact, although I was damning about this song in the McCartney III review, I think this solo Paul-and-acoustic-guitar rendition gives it some much needed charm. It feels more of a casual throwaway ditty without all the production and the shouting backing vocals. Interesting!

'The Kiss of Venus (phone demo)' is fairly much what it says on the tin. Paul sounds like he's literally hit record on his smart phone and played an early version (which starts with verse 2) of the song. He's mostly got all the structure and lyrics sorted and it's an intimate rendition.

Finally, Slidin' (Düsseldorf Jam) is Paul and his band jamming an instrumental, embryonic version of the song. Lots of bluesy guitar and it all sounds very polished in a slight 'Flowers in the Dirt' kind of a way. This isn't at all in keeping with the rest of the record but, again, it's a fascinating listen.

https://www.the-paulmccartney-project.com/album/mccartney-iii-japanese-edition-limited-release/

Thanks for this HG. Are these bonus tracks just collated from the individual bonus tracks of the 4 UK releases. Or are they another 4 altogether? I've got a bit lost on it all after a horrible couple of months personally. Still haven't listened to it yet ffs.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Menu on January 02, 2021, 02:01:28 AM
Thanks for this HG. Are these bonus tracks just collated from the individual bonus tracks of the 4 UK releases. Or are they another 4 altogether?

pm'd

SteveDave

Quote from: Head Gardener on December 27, 2020, 12:30:05 PM
Macca's mixtape from 1965

Does anyone know the songs from this? I've got a few but there's loads I've never heard before and want to illegally download to put on my iPod.

DrGreggles

Just listened to McCartney III.
It's... fine.

SteveDave

This is having its own covers album feat. such people as Damon Albarn, Beck, Phoebe Bridgers and not Banksy out of Massive Attack. Most interestingly (for me) is anderson.Paak doing "When Winter Comes"

https://www.discoverdade.com/rock/all-signs-pointing-to-mccartney-iii-covers-album/