Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,483
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

100 Brilliant Jews - Or More!

Started by Dr Rock, October 17, 2020, 11:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

1. Jack Kirby. King of Comics, co-created all the best Marvel characters of the Silver Age apart from three. Though only a little fella, fought Nazis, both in New York before the US entered WW2, then in France after D-Day.

And let's be honest, the 'co-' part of 'co-created' is most likely unnecessary.  Kirby most likely created those characters.

Dex Sawash

Bernice

Emma Goldman - feminist, philosopher, queer liberator, anarchist agitator, all round 20th Century top egg.

zomgmouse

Brundle-Fly

5. Terry Hall

Terry Hall (born Terence Edward Hall, 19 March 1959, Coventry, England) is the lead singer of The Specials, and formerly of Fun Boy Three, The Colourfield, Terry, Blair & Anouchka and Vegas. He has released two solo albums and has also collaborated with many artists including David A. Stewart, Bananarama, The Lightning Seeds, Andy Partridge, Sinéad O'Connor, Stephen Duffy, Dub Pistols, Gorillaz, Damon Albarn, Tricky, Junkie XL, Leila Arab, Lily Allen, Shakespears Sister and Nouvelle Vague.

Here is a man who would regularly have to endure Nazi saluting wankers at early Specials gigs. He would jump into the audience and start fighting them. Balls of steel.

JesusAndYourBush

And in the naked light I saw
100 brilliant Jews or more...

touchingcloth

Kankurette

Nowhere Man

Epstein

Fuck me, the fabs were so clean (just like Paul's grandfather ho ho) before they got high with old Bobbins Zimmerman

touchingcloth

Quote from: Nowhere Man on October 18, 2020, 01:22:44 PM
Epstein

Fuck me, the fabs were so clean (just like Paul's grandfather ho ho) before they got high with old Bobbins Zimmerman

Who's that one second from the right?

Hand Solo

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 18, 2020, 06:41:54 PM

That's the German lampshade Epstein was having a homosexual affair with at the time.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 18, 2020, 06:45:39 PM
That's the German lampshade Epstein was having a homosexual affair with at the time.

Ah right. Was it an IKEA one?

Ominous Dave

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 18, 2020, 07:03:46 PM
Ah right. Was it an IKEA one?

You don't want to have a homosexual affair with anything from IKEA. By the time you've self-assembled it most of the romance is gone.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

idunnosomename

Jesus of Nazareth, bolshy cunt

oh wait said already. I mean the historical person

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 18, 2020, 06:41:54 PM

That's Paul, the older brother of Mike McGear of The Scaffold. He was actually quite well known in his own right, being married to Linda McCartney, the keyboard player in Wings.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on October 18, 2020, 10:57:11 PM
That's Paul, the older brother of Mike McGear of The Scaffold. He was actually quite well known in his own right, being married to Linda McCartney, the keyboard player in Wings.

What's a keyboard player?

Ominous Dave

David Baddiel is one of those people who seems to constantly make it hard to be an outspoken fan of him, which I still sort of am. It's just that his best stuff is from radio shows from the late-80s/early-90s that nobody other than weird comedy nerds will ever bother to listen to again. And his most famous role is being the straight man to Frank Skinner.

(Was going to say that he's the second most-famous Jew to be the straight man to a Northern comedian with a made-up name, but it turns out that Ernie Wise wasn't actually Jewish.[nb]Despite having a very Jewish-sounding name, which I say as a technically-Jewish person whose name doesn't sound Jewish at all (and sort-of understands the weird privilege you get from that).[/nb])

Ferris

This is a strange thread, but sure.

Sandy Koufax (career 2.76 ERA) and Hank Greenberg (career 1.016 OPS).

Both incredibly, incredibly talented players. Any modern player would kill to have a single season putting up those numbers, so to maintain those figures as an average over a whole career in the majors is just bonkers.

Koufax refused to pitch a post season game in the mid '60s (1965? '66 maybe?) because it fell on Yom Kippur, which is why I thought of him for this thread. At the time, he was beyond dominant. Like, "greatest pitching season of all time" dominant, and he opted out because his faith was more important to him. Greenberg was just an incredibly good hitter, career .605 SLG (!) which is bananas, lost 3 or 4 seasons because he served in the USAF during WW2.

EOLAN

Dr Jonathan Miller

A great guy; and a part of one of the most influential comedy groups.

chveik

Gershon Kingsley, composer of the proto-techno song "Popcorn"

Ray Travez

I don't particularly distinguish between Jews and non-Jews, but I'm happy to nominate Leonard Cohen, Simon Amstell and Kurt Vonnegut as people whose work I enjoy

(I assume Kurt Vonnegut is Jewish. Don't actually know. He just sounds like he might be...)

Ray Travez

According to jewornotjew dot com, Kurt Vonnegut is NOT a jew. So I'm going to swap him out for Alexei Sayle, a jew. Sorry Vonnegut, ya didnt make the grade!

touchingcloth

Egg Wallace.
Jeff Goldblum.
Super Mario.

ajsmith2

Kevin Godley
Lol Creme
Graham Gouldman

Harvey Kurtzman

Urinal Cake

Bill Maher
Christopher Hitchens