Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lidl have had fireworks on special since thursday.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 17, 2020, 08:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Is it like Baghdad round your way yet? It is here, although I think the local Derby didn't help, twats setting the things off in broad daylight.

bgmnts

I'm literally the kind of cunt who gets giddy at seeing an animal engaging in a natural behaviour but honestly anyone over the age of 10 who likes fireworks is a bit easily impressed.

Shit Good Nose

It hasn't turned completely into a warzone here yet, but there've been the odd few nights over the last couple of weeks where a few have been let off.

I'm assuming this year it's going to go on even longer than usual for the same reason that people are pushing for christmas to start next month.  Yer covids and that.

Cold Meat Platter

traditional to be able to buy explosives this time of year mate. free speech. churchill.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: bgmnts on October 17, 2020, 08:50:17 PM
I'm literally the kind of cunt who gets giddy at seeing an animal engaging in a natural behaviour but honestly anyone over the age of 10 who likes fireworks is a bit easily impressed.

"A fool marvels at rare things, but a wise man at common ones." said some Chinese cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

I quite like a decent fireworks display, on fireworks night. It's the fortnight of bangs from lacklustre supermarket crap that does my head in a bit.

touchingcloth

I went to Berlin for New Year's once, and Lidl had fireworks open in the shitbins. As in you didn't need to ask someone to fetch Feurwerk Packen DreiUndZwanzig for you, you just picked up a Roman candle from the shitbin and put in in your trolley.

What's always been notable to me about Berlin is how well-behaved and self-policing the locals are. No jaywalking, sticking to one side of the escalators. But all that went to fuck on December 31. I got on a packed S-bahn and found my face pressed against a rucksack bristling with rockets. People were letting of dynamite-grade bangers in subways. One boy of about 6 threw some fireworks at a SWAT team.

Germany.

Glebe

Fireworks going on like mad these last few weeks around my way.

JamesTC

Fucking hell. Makes sense why round my way has had them going off over the past few days.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Some lad launched a rocket at me when I was about 14. It missed though.

touchingcloth

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Fireworks here last night and the night before. Had to take a shit with a terrified German Shepherd velcroed to my leg. They should rerun all those scary FIREWORKS WILL MAIM YOUR CHILDREN pifs from the 80s.

Butchers Blind

As there won't be many, if at all, public firework displays this year expect A&E to be full with patients missing eyes and fingers from setting them off in back gardens across the country.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 17, 2020, 09:50:50 PM
As there won't be many, if at all, public firework displays this year expect A&E to be full with patients missing eyes and fingers from setting them off in back gardens across the country.

Should bring back PIFs like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-om11ShFCQ (warning - maimed child)

Inspector Norse

honeychile

Not really sure why they aren't illegal except for licenced displays. The ones people buy for their own displays are shit and dangerous. If you care about them that much go to a proper public one.

I'd prefer it if they got rid of them all though. Especially for Nov 5th which is so ghoulish.

This post is brought to you by a concerned neighbour.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: honeychile on October 17, 2020, 10:12:15 PM
Not really sure why they aren't illegal except for licenced displays. The ones people buy for their own displays are shit and dangerous. If you care about them that much go to a proper public one.

I'd prefer it if they got rid of them all though. Especially for Nov 5th which is so ghoulish.

This post is brought to you by a concerned neighbour.

As expected here come the Looney Left jumping down your cock. It'll be Christmas next.

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

I wonder how you get to that stage... does it all start with successfully firing one out of your bottom?

idunnosomename

heard a bang tonight i was like WHAT THE FUCK they should be banned cheers.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 17, 2020, 11:07:05 PM
I wonder how you get to that stage... does it all start with successfully firing one out of your bottom?

That's stage #2 surely

Bazooka

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 17, 2020, 11:08:28 PM
heard a bang tonight i was like WHAT THE FUCK they should be banned cheers.

Probably Taliban lads mucking about.

Butchers Blind

I don't mind fireworks but when are they going to the next level?  Yet to see one that explodes into a giant cock emitting jizz.

Menu

THE BON FUCKING MOT THIS

Menu

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 17, 2020, 09:40:32 PM
Fireworks here last night and the night before. Had to take a shit with a terrified German Shepherd velcroed to my leg.

One of our cats is terrified of it. I spray loads of that pet calming thing around and it does work. They both just slip into massive comas for the weekend. You could try that? Not sure if it works for dogs but maybe have a look for something? I worry for our stray cat as well. He's frightened of grass so god knows how he handles Fireworks Night.

canadagoose

Astonishingly I haven't heard any yet. Probably will hear some this week, though.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: canadagoose on October 18, 2020, 01:33:04 AM
Astonishingly I haven't heard any yet. Probably will hear some this week, though.

BANG