Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Those wildlife cameras that you leave out all night

Started by holyzombiejesus, October 18, 2020, 08:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Anyone know anything about them? Tempted to ask for one for my birthday but imagine I'll get pictures of crows, vermin and cats, and fuck all else. Do you link them up remotely to a PC or do you plug them in every few days? Are there any kinds of places that are better then others to leave them? I live in quite a rural area but have never seen any unusual wildlife in the back garden (except for sheep and a deer once) so don't want to shell oput for something that is clearly a waste of money a couple of weeks later.

BlodwynPig

You can get wi-fi ones, but the bog standard apeman is ok for around 50 bucks. You'll be surprised what you capture. And if you leave rural, its good to leave them out in some woodland or near any holes you may see. The camera is pretty rugged so will survive torrential downpours as mine did and I got badger, foxes, hedgehogs, deers, mice, weasel, and birds...and I live pretty close to Newcastle.

They run off SD cards, the bigger the card the more photos/videos it will store. Batteries last long if you only use for photos and maybe a week if you are ramping up the video quality and length and getting 20-50 vids a night.