Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Harry Hill’s Noise (New Podcast)

Started by Malcy, October 21, 2020, 07:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

This sounds like a very Harry Hill idea!

QuoteHarry Hill's Noise is described as "the perfect antidote to... podcasts", and will feature almost solely ambient noise. However, at one point in each episode, the comedian will make a sound.

The producers say: "These days podcasts have their own podcasts, every man and his dog's dog has one and you're never more than six feet away from a podcaster. This is the global emergency nobody seems to be speaking about.

"Everyone's favourite floppy collared loon has, therefore, taken it upon himself to quell the tide with the launch of Harry Hill's Noise, an 8-part series with weekly episodes released on all podcast platforms from Tuesday 27th October.

"Harry Hill's Noise sees Harry Hill in a different location every episode and at some point, he'll make a noise. It's your job to predict the nature of Harry's noise and when he will make it. After Harry has made his noise he won't be making any further noises.

"Part relaxation tape, part high concept tomfoolery, this is an all-round immersive audio experience - the perfect ambient accompaniment to whatever it is you're doing - with the added attraction of... a bespoke noise..."

Harry Hill says: "In a world full of so much noise - where else can you guarantee that you'll only hear one? I can't think of a more effective way to combat the growing crisis."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/online/news/5998/harry-hills-noise/

petril

I'll wait for someone to upload the bit with the noise to youtube or something

beanheadmcginty

Still far more likely to listen to this than Herring's stone clearing one.

Malcy

I'm halfway through the first episode. He's made a load of noise so far. Typing, using a stapler, lots of breathing. Don't know what I'm expecting to hear.

Malcy

He did the noise. I laughed. Don't know why.

Benjaminos

I did not successfully guess the noise, but it did make me laugh.

Found that really relaxing to listen to, for some reason.

Wet Blanket

Not everyone can put up with living so close to an airport's flight path, although I do, so I listened to him working at a computer while planes zoomed overhead while I did the same, and found it oddly comforting.

Harry Hill is one of my dream Taskmaster guests, and someone I actually wish would turn up on the comic-interview-comics podcast circuit. Surprised he's never turned up on RHLSTP at least, because he is/was mates with Lee & Herring. I wonder if his subtitling this 'the antidote to podcasts' suggests he's a little ambivalent about them.

ASFTSN

The idea of a wordless podcast with some kind of callbacks or an unfolding 'narrative' could be interesting. Doubt this will be that though. Reckon people would be absolutely crucifying this if it was Herring.

EDIT: laughed at MerzHill, very good GoblinAhFuckScary :)

Malcy

Has anyone been keeping up with this? I haven't been sleeping the past few weeks so put on episode 2 the day after it came out and it sent me to sleep with its soothing background noises until he made his noise whatever it was and I got a fright and woke up!

I'd almost prefer if he didn't make a noise!