Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bluray Player

Started by Menu, October 22, 2020, 07:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

I realise this may not be the 100% correct forum for this question but I wanted as many of you geniuseses to see it. I have a feature on my bluray player which allows you to skip back 10 seconds. It's proven invaluable as my life is such where I regularly have to pause films, and fiddling about trying to rewind the correct amount can add DAYS to a movie. This little 10 second skip back was amazing.

Problem is now I need a new bluray player, I don't know how to articulate that feature into a search engine. I don't know what to call it? There's no help in the old user manual, they don't even mention it. I don't want to waste hundred of pounds on a player that doesn't have it. (FULL DISCLOSURE: I already have done that, and only today had to send it fucking back like a right prick)

Any of you know what I'm even talking about and/or can help on this MAJOR global issue?

It's genuinely having a detrimental effect on my life.

magval

Can you identify and tell me the model of your player please?

I too adore features like this and want to help.

touchingcloth

Shit Good Nose

Most Panasonics have the -10secs and +1min buttons.

Menu

Quote from: magval on October 22, 2020, 07:03:28 PM
Can you identify and tell me the model of your player please?

I too adore features like this and want to help.

I can! Sony blu ray ubp-x500

Replies From View

Instant replay function, I reckon.

Very first search generated this result but it's ancient:  https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php?threads/tivo-instant-replay-function-on-a-blu-ray-player.470360/  There will be better results if you dig around a bit.

Menu

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 22, 2020, 07:03:39 PM
Most Panasonics have the -10secs and +1min buttons.

Funnily enough the one I sent back was a Panasonic. It didn't have the feature. Was trying to watch Juno and the Paycock(!), which looks terrible anyway, and we had to keep waiting 5 minutes as I tried to find the rewind button, then watch about 8 minutes of film WE'D ALREADY WATCHED because I couldn't master the control.

And they say kids in Aleppo have it tough.

Menu

Quote from: Replies From View on October 22, 2020, 07:05:37 PM
Instant replay function, I reckon.

Very first search generated this result but it's ancient:  https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php?threads/tivo-instant-replay-function-on-a-blu-ray-player.470360/  There will be better results if you dig around a bit.

That's amazing, thank you so much. It took you four minutes to get the right answer. I'm in awe.

Menu

It's still not really coming up on, eg, Amazon product pages as a feature. But I guess, now that I know what it's called(thanks RFV), I could ask a question through Amazon about the product, and some brainbox will tell me. From a google search it does seem it's on at least most new Sony/Panasonic(as SGN said)players.

This place is amazing.

Shit Good Nose

Just to muddy the waters, my new(ish) Sony 4k pkayer HASN'T got it.

I think the best thing to do is narrow down a few models in price range and then look at photos of the remote on eBay.

Menu

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 22, 2020, 07:20:26 PM
Just to muddy the waters, my new(ish) Sony 4k pkayer HASN'T got it.

I think the best thing to do is narrow down a few models in price range and then look at photos of the remote on eBay.

That's a great idea actually! Thank you!

Ant Farm Keyboard

Or you can check a PDF of the user manual.

thenoise

Sounds like a feature for perverts who like to rewatch Barbara Windsor's bikini top flying off in Carry on Camping over and over again, with the remote control in their weak hand knowwarrimean.

Dex Sawash

At least we got a wellness check on badmin

Menu

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 24, 2020, 07:24:53 PM
At least we got a wellness check on badmin

Yes, just noticed that. Lovely stuff.