Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Smems-Gaston Soiling Scale

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, October 23, 2020, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Stage 1
Concerning unrequited contact of soil element with the subject fabric. Low-scale. Attended to with appropriate chemicals and scrubbing, the item, depending on its textile or surface may be fully returned to a pre-soiled state.

Stage 2
A soiling which leaves a lingering stain poised on a psychological rubicon, whether the onerous task of fully desoiling the item is a) achievable or b) worthwhile. A medium stool from the lower strata of a todman's barrow smeared for a sustained half minute would be likely to cause such a soiling.

Stage 3
A 'Problem Soil', where a profound soiling has irretrievably altered the appearance and desirability of the item, without necessarily causing its destruction. A Birkenhead washing line replete with 10 'shitted keks' is a prime example.

Stage 4
Severe fabric damage affecting the colour, odour, physical integrity and practical lifespan of the soiled item. Caused by the forceful pummelling of either compacted lugnuts and grogans or a chemically volatile wet-soiling of virulent ferocity.

Stage 5
Hiroshima. Destruction and obliteration of the soiled item, whether through chemical corrosion or blast impact and cratering. Highly likely to have also caused secondary and tertiary soiling to nearby textiles and materials, potentially hazardous to flora and fauna.

Use of this scale has been released for educational purposes only. Any unlicensed broadcasting may result in legal action by the copyright holders Gregg Smems and Brig. Alasdair Gaston. All rights reserved.

poo

Enjoyed this post about the Smems-Gaston Soiling Scale

popcorn

The Smems-Gaston Soiling Scale has been discredited. I favour the Holistic Begriming Model.

Twit 2

I now solely rely on the Tristan da Cunha Shart Spectrum.

I remember learning about this at school using the "SeT SeIL" method.

Sediment
Turtles head
Seepage
Ingress
Lost cause

Pingers

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 23, 2020, 12:54:57 PM

Sediment
Turtles head
Seepage
Ingress
Lost cause

The most controversial of the Myers-Briggs types

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 23, 2020, 12:54:57 PM

Sediment
Turtles head
Seepage
Ingress
Lost cause

Laughed