Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

‘They’ from They Live vs the Society from Society

Started by Jumblegraws, October 24, 2020, 02:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'They' from They Live vs the Society from Society

They
4 (36.4%)
The Society
3 (27.3%)
Turns out everyone is the Thing
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Jumblegraws

Who do you think would win in a ruling class contest?

Sebastian Cobb

They

Actually I don't know 'cos I've not seen Society, is it worth a watch?

Blumf

They would just being Society into the fold in terms of shared class strength. They both win, we carry on loosing.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 24, 2020, 03:05:16 PM
Actually I don't know 'cos I've not seen Society, is it worth a watch?

Yes, with the Moviedrome intro if possible.

https://moviedromer.tumblr.com/post/99409025198/society-1989

Jumblegraws

I think the Society would have a better shot at bringing collaborators on board, having direct appeal to both xenophobes and horny centrist dads. This would be important in the event of direct physical confrontations, both antagonists being surprisingly vulnerable in such situations.

I turned 33 this year.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 24, 2020, 03:05:16 PMActually I don't know 'cos I've not seen Society, is it worth a watch?

Absolutely. It's a brilliant and bizarre film.

Polymorphia

I've got the feeling from the films that 'They' controlled the entire earth (they are at least very technologically advanced) while the Society controlled the town/district or whatever... but even if they don't, 'They' seem to have better tech (flying saucers and all!)

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Polymorphia on October 24, 2020, 08:00:27 PM
I've got the feeling from the films that 'They' controlled the entire earth (they are at least very technologically advanced) while the Society controlled the town/district or whatever... but even if they don't, 'They' seem to have better tech (flying saucers and all!)
Society has the line about
Spoiler alert
having a post to fill in Washington, though.
[close]

zomgmouse

They are aliens

Society are mutants

"They" would win. They have lasers

GoblinAhFuckScary

If everyone is Thing but they are also opposed are there factions of The Thing? Centrist Things?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 26, 2020, 02:24:15 AM
If everyone is Thing but they are also opposed are there factions of The Thing? Centrist Things?
Thing rules are that infectees don't necessarily know they're infected till the Thing decides to assimilate, though, right? So I guess in the third option everyone Things-out before there's a decisive victor.

Retinend

Society! Love that film. My valuable opinion, there...