Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CYMRU AM BYTH

Started by BritishHobo, October 24, 2020, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

BritishHobo

How's everyone doing under NO BOOZE FUCKDOWN

Weirdly while people are annoyed, the purs fury that seemed to be everywhere after Tesco clingfilmed some shelves has not really come back.

daf

Just about to start on a new batch of redcurant wine - (blackberry coming on nicely, but the plum refuses to clear after several months, the stubborn bastard!)

poo

its fucking everywhere now innit. All around. People getting it left, right, and centre. Big death extreme home office tugs.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: poo on December 07, 2020, 12:02:55 PM
its fucking everywhere now innit. All around. People getting it left, right, and centre. Big death extreme home office tugs.

The firebreak worked and everything's fine, butt.  It doesn't look good for Cwmbwrla.

Zetetic

Think we have fucked it. (Sorry.)

Blinder Data

How has that happened then? Some of the strictest guidelines in UK and still getting shagged by COVID!

Glyn

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 17, 2020, 10:01:46 AM
How has that happened then? Some of the strictest guidelines in UK and still getting shagged by COVID!

An earlier lockdown means we are a few weeks ahead of other nations but the graphs look very bad. Only anecdotal but the general feeling after the 'firebreak' (at least around here) seemed to be that life was back to normal. Pubs filled up, shops got busy and people mixed indoors.

They were heavily criticized for going into the firebreak (and the 'essential items list' was a big distraction) so I can see why the messaging wasn't stronger at the time but in hindsight it was daft to give the impression  'do this for 2 weeks and then everything will be fine for Christmas'

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 17, 2020, 10:01:46 AM

they werent really strict tho were they?

you left the schools open

yea but we closed down loads of buisnesses, even the pubs eventually!

yea but the schools tho

we even stopped selling some stuff in tesco!

yea but the schools mate

waist deep in the sea, bargaining with the tide

poo

Fambo Number Mive

It's interesting that the Tories call for opposition parties to "stop carping" and "get behind the government" only seems to apply in areas where the Tories are in power. I don't disagree with their criticism of the 11,000 missing tests but maybe the Welsh Conservatives should have a look at what their friends in England are doing.

poo

Oh aye, they're fucking hopeless as well, obviously.

Zetetic

The delayed tests are related to the UK testing network, and the delay in reporting didn't stop people being contacted. (Furthermore the delay wrought by the maintenance work is really only a couple of days extra rather than the full 5-7 days - half the delay is getting results back from UK testing labs). I can't believe that the delay in reporting has affected anyone's decision-making - it has been made extremely clear for the last week that there was no reason to believe that we'd turned a corner.

(Don't get me wrong - having a national critical system take a day of downtime to update and then it taking days to flow external data into it again after that is bad. But I genuinely can't see what difference it will have made to any actual choices in WG.)

Schools stuff is difficult. Good reason to keep them open, and other countries have managed this fine.

Note North Wales has been doing far better than the South.

If I had to guess, I think it's shopping and workplaces. Maybe we should have shuttered far more places. Hands somewhat tied by UK Gov.

Don't know if Whole Area Testing has done more harm than good.

Twonty Gostelow

GMTV

Every time I see this thread my brain says CUM BATH

bgmnts

Quote from: GMTV on December 17, 2020, 11:33:14 AM
Every time I see this thread my brain says CUM BATH

Partially why the virus has spread so much.

BritishHobo

Gonna have a nice South Wales swab down my gullet and up my fucking nose tomorrow. The spread has begun in work. I hope a dog eats me on the way to the testing centre.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 17, 2020, 10:11:23 PM
Gonna have a nice South Wales swab down my gullet and up my fucking nose tomorrow. The spread has begun in work. I hope a dog eats me on the way to the testing centre.

How did it go?

bgmnts

Well he lives in South Wales so whatever happened the outlook is bleak.

Twonty Gostelow

Pissed down all day so at least no one could tell he was crying.

(I checked that he was signed in half an hour ago and not brain-dead via nostril.)

BritishHobo

I opened the bag and the wind immediately blew my tissue and instruction booklet out the gazebo and into the Taff. Pinning ziplock bags under me elbows and desperately shoving shit into my pocket while I tried to find my tonsils in a hand mirror and jab at them with the stick. Whoever's in charge of booking has overbooked massively apparently, so they were desperately trying to hurry people along.

Quite sure I A: haven't got it and B: somehow fucked the test up so it'll come back negative even if I have, but I'm on madshit tenterhooks awaiting the result. I think if I've got it about four people in work are gonna have their Christmases cancelled, so that's an added bubble of garbled panic.

Chedney Honks

Wales lockdown from midnight tonight.

BritishHobo

Aw Christmas is ruined anyway, fuck it.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking. It's like cancelling the Wales v Scotland game back in April all over again. They've learned nothing.

Zetetic

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 19, 2020, 03:18:03 PM
Whoever's in charge of booking has overbooked massively apparently, so they were desperately trying to hurry people along.
Anything through the UK portals is Deloitte, ultimately, with predictable consequences.

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 17, 2020, 10:11:23 PM
Gonna have a nice South Wales swab down my gullet and up my fucking nose tomorrow.

Proper Welsh tests only involve one of those (but everything through the UK testing network involves both).

bgmnts

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 19, 2020, 05:26:17 PM
Wales lockdown from midnight tonight.

Thought this was a textbook Crab windup but it's true.
Bit mental.

PowerButchi

Haven't done my Christmas shopping and I only deal in cash so can't shop online.

Everyone's getting fuck all this year.

BritishHobo

Teat was negative, although it's nice of Mark Drakeford to have reorganised society so I can operate as if it were positive.

What do we reckon about the elections next year? Labour out? Before 2020 I reckon most people didn't even know we had our own little politics man - now everyone knows Drakeford, and they all think he's a cunt. Tory landslide, or an upsetting turnout for Abolish, or both.

Still plan to spend Christmas day(s) with my other half's family in Wiltshire, about an hour's drive away. We'll be a bubble.

bgmnts

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 20, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
Teat was negative, although it's nice of Mark Drakeford to have reorganised society so I can operate as if it were positive.

What do we reckon about the elections next year? Labour out? Before 2020 I reckon most people didn't even know we had our own little politics man - now everyone knows Drakeford, and they all think he's a cunt. Tory landslide, or an upsetting turnout for Abolish, or both.

Still think Drakeford has done a much better job than his contemporaries over the bridge to be fair. Fair to say Labour are probably a bit buggered after this here though. Plaid emerges.