Author Topic: CYMRU AM BYTH  (Read 7441 times)

Re: CYMRU AM BYTH
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
Still think Drakeford has done a much better job than his contemporaries over the bridge to be fair. Fair to say Labour are probably a bit buggered after this here though. Plaid emerges.

Plaid are a good shout in theory for a) not being Labour and b)having no connection to the Westminster shitshow but I can't see them picking up much of the 'bloody Drakeford' mob . Reckless and his scummy 'abolish WAG' party are a far scarier thought.

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2020, 10:21:14 PM »
Guys, group photo up Pen-y-Fan tomoz!!

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2021, 04:01:02 PM »

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2021, 05:06:46 PM »
That makes sense with those being areas with an elderly population that would have been in employed in heavy industry and/or liked a fag.

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2021, 05:19:45 PM »
The North being forgotten about as usual.

Zetetic

• I wasn't supposed to be around this long, so…
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2021, 06:52:28 PM »
That makes sense with those being areas with an elderly population that would have been in employed in heavy industry and/or liked a fag.
And there remains a decent amount of very high risk industry in the area - i.e. meat plants.

It's also worth noting that South Wales appears to have been more reliable than much of England in the first wave at actually recording likely COVID-19 deaths as such on death certificates.

Zetetic

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2021, 06:52:57 PM »

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2021, 03:30:36 PM »
And there remains a decent amount of very high risk industry in the area - i.e. meat plants.

It's also worth noting that South Wales appears to have been more reliable than much of England in the first wave at actually recording likely COVID-19 deaths as such on death certificates.

Absolutely.

Although not surprising, seeing the concentration of deaths in deprived, ex-industrial areas remains a sobering thought.

Zetetic

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2021, 03:53:47 PM »
I note that in this wave, the publicly available data suggests a massive gap in crude mortality between most and least deprived areas in South Wales.[1]

(It probably depends how you cut it, in fairness, still - I've looked from Swansea east.)

Interestingly, not found in cases data - so we're seeing people not being tested[2] and/or the relationship of deprivation on 'existing conditions' and the like.
 1. This is using the publicly available MSOA data, and doing my best to rank MSOAs by deprivation using WIMD.
 2. Because if you do get tested, you lose your shifts at Dogshit Meat Packing Porth Ltd.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:50 PM »
To be fair, RCT, Merthyr and Blaenau are surely going to be at or near the top of any shit table.

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2021, 04:33:06 PM »
Hah, yeah.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55667624

Watch out, they're putting signs up!
Actually saw three bouncers at my local Morries today, but like all security they looked a bit useless and fuck knows if they would actually deter cunts. Fair play to them for the easy payday though.

You'd never know we were under lockdown though, its heaving and saw a group of van cunts all huddled together in the carpark having a nice litle cwtch and a cuppa together. Its amazing how hardly anyone is arsed.

Tags: