Author Topic: CYMRU AM BYTH  (Read 9367 times)

Re: CYMRU AM BYTH
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
Still think Drakeford has done a much better job than his contemporaries over the bridge to be fair. Fair to say Labour are probably a bit buggered after this here though. Plaid emerges.

Plaid are a good shout in theory for a) not being Labour and b)having no connection to the Westminster shitshow but I can't see them picking up much of the 'bloody Drakeford' mob . Reckless and his scummy 'abolish WAG' party are a far scarier thought.

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2020, 10:21:14 PM »
Guys, group photo up Pen-y-Fan tomoz!!

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2021, 04:01:02 PM »

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2021, 05:06:46 PM »
That makes sense with those being areas with an elderly population that would have been in employed in heavy industry and/or liked a fag.

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2021, 05:19:45 PM »
The North being forgotten about as usual.

Zetetic

• I wasn't supposed to be around this long, so…
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2021, 06:52:28 PM »
That makes sense with those being areas with an elderly population that would have been in employed in heavy industry and/or liked a fag.
And there remains a decent amount of very high risk industry in the area - i.e. meat plants.

It's also worth noting that South Wales appears to have been more reliable than much of England in the first wave at actually recording likely COVID-19 deaths as such on death certificates.

Zetetic

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2021, 06:52:57 PM »

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2021, 03:30:36 PM »
And there remains a decent amount of very high risk industry in the area - i.e. meat plants.

It's also worth noting that South Wales appears to have been more reliable than much of England in the first wave at actually recording likely COVID-19 deaths as such on death certificates.

Absolutely.

Although not surprising, seeing the concentration of deaths in deprived, ex-industrial areas remains a sobering thought.

Zetetic

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2021, 03:53:47 PM »
I note that in this wave, the publicly available data suggests a massive gap in crude mortality between most and least deprived areas in South Wales.[1]

(It probably depends how you cut it, in fairness, still - I've looked from Swansea east.)

Interestingly, not found in cases data - so we're seeing people not being tested[2] and/or the relationship of deprivation on 'existing conditions' and the like.
 1. This is using the publicly available MSOA data, and doing my best to rank MSOAs by deprivation using WIMD.
 2. Because if you do get tested, you lose your shifts at Dogshit Meat Packing Porth Ltd.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:50 PM »
To be fair, RCT, Merthyr and Blaenau are surely going to be at or near the top of any shit table.

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2021, 04:33:06 PM »
Hah, yeah.

bgmnts

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55667624

Watch out, they're putting signs up!
Actually saw three bouncers at my local Morries today, but like all security they looked a bit useless and fuck knows if they would actually deter cunts. Fair play to them for the easy payday though.

You'd never know we were under lockdown though, its heaving and saw a group of van cunts all huddled together in the carpark having a nice litle cwtch and a cuppa together. Its amazing how hardly anyone is arsed.

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2021, 08:55:14 AM »
Post for the English readers as news doesn't travel much beyond the border. This is 1/10th of how places will look in England as of the 12th. Disappointing but not surprising. But then outside of martial law I am not sure how you control releasing people back into the wild.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gallery/what-wales-beauty-spots-looked-20311702

bgmnts

« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2021, 08:59:36 AM »
Weird how the walesonline didn't show the aftermath of the gathering outside the Senedd.

Zetetic

« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »
This is the second "story" on the front page under the story about the gathering itself:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-bay-again-left-under-20314270

(I was heartily sick of the "Senedd litter" discourse by the early hours of yesterday, if I'm honest.)

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2021, 09:12:28 AM »
There is a link to it in the story and also mentioned in this (which might be the link) :

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-bay-senedd-barry-island-20291485

Is that what you mean? Had to go and look as I didn't get a push notification for it. Being in North Wales we get more more updates on events in East Timor than The South so sorry if there's been a huge incident that I've missed.

bgmnts

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2021, 10:20:29 AM »
(I was heartily sick of the "Senedd litter" discourse by the early hours of yesterday, if I'm honest.)

I mean I know littering isn't the worst crime in the world but its just fucking awful and I hate it and I want all these cunts to have to spend a day down the canal litter picking by court order.

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2021, 07:08:40 PM »
Why were there a big group of people outside the Senedd?

Zetetic

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2021, 07:12:36 PM »
Nice place to sit of an evening down the bay.

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2021, 09:28:11 PM »
I mean I know littering isn't the worst crime in the world but its just fucking awful and I hate it and I want all these cunts to have to spend a day down the canal litter picking by court order.

This is the solution. 50 hours community service. 100 if there’s any lip.

bgmnts

Zetetic

« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2021, 03:04:16 PM »
Putting up fencing seems pretty stupid, given the linear nature of time.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2021, 07:09:08 PM »
Glad to be vindicated in having avoided the bay all week. It's been a lovely place to walk to during lockdown, very empty and quiet. Just knew with the Bank Holiday weekend it would be a fucking disaster-zone. Some of those pictures are insane though, morning-after-Glastonbury levels of not being able to see the ground for shit and litter.

Tags: