Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,471
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CYMRU AM BYTH

Started by BritishHobo, October 24, 2020, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn

Quote from: bgmnts on December 20, 2020, 02:20:02 AM
Still think Drakeford has done a much better job than his contemporaries over the bridge to be fair. Fair to say Labour are probably a bit buggered after this here though. Plaid emerges.

Plaid are a good shout in theory for a) not being Labour and b)having no connection to the Westminster shitshow but I can't see them picking up much of the 'bloody Drakeford' mob . Reckless and his scummy 'abolish WAG' party are a far scarier thought.

poo

Guys, group photo up Pen-y-Fan tomoz!!

poo

Ranmoor

That makes sense with those being areas with an elderly population that would have been in employed in heavy industry and/or liked a fag.

paruses

The North being forgotten about as usual.

Zetetic

Quote from: Ranmoor on January 14, 2021, 05:06:46 PM
That makes sense with those being areas with an elderly population that would have been in employed in heavy industry and/or liked a fag.
And there remains a decent amount of very high risk industry in the area - i.e. meat plants.

It's also worth noting that South Wales appears to have been more reliable than much of England in the first wave at actually recording likely COVID-19 deaths as such on death certificates.

Zetetic

Ranmoor

Quote from: Zetetic on January 14, 2021, 06:52:28 PM
And there remains a decent amount of very high risk industry in the area - i.e. meat plants.

It's also worth noting that South Wales appears to have been more reliable than much of England in the first wave at actually recording likely COVID-19 deaths as such on death certificates.

Absolutely.

Although not surprising, seeing the concentration of deaths in deprived, ex-industrial areas remains a sobering thought.

Zetetic

I note that in this wave, the publicly available data suggests a massive gap in crude mortality between most and least deprived areas in South Wales.[nb]This is using the publicly available MSOA data, and doing my best to rank MSOAs by deprivation using WIMD.[/nb]

(It probably depends how you cut it, in fairness, still - I've looked from Swansea east.)

Interestingly, not found in cases data - so we're seeing people not being tested[nb]Because if you do get tested, you lose your shifts at Dogshit Meat Packing Porth Ltd.[/nb] and/or the relationship of deprivation on 'existing conditions' and the like.

bgmnts

To be fair, RCT, Merthyr and Blaenau are surely going to be at or near the top of any shit table.

poo

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55667624

Watch out, they're putting signs up!
Actually saw three bouncers at my local Morries today, but like all security they looked a bit useless and fuck knows if they would actually deter cunts. Fair play to them for the easy payday though.

You'd never know we were under lockdown though, its heaving and saw a group of van cunts all huddled together in the carpark having a nice litle cwtch and a cuppa together. Its amazing how hardly anyone is arsed.

paruses

Post for the English readers as news doesn't travel much beyond the border. This is 1/10th of how places will look in England as of the 12th. Disappointing but not surprising. But then outside of martial law I am not sure how you control releasing people back into the wild.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gallery/what-wales-beauty-spots-looked-20311702

bgmnts

Weird how the walesonline didn't show the aftermath of the gathering outside the Senedd.

Zetetic

This is the second "story" on the front page under the story about the gathering itself:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-bay-again-left-under-20314270

(I was heartily sick of the "Senedd litter" discourse by the early hours of yesterday, if I'm honest.)

paruses

There is a link to it in the story and also mentioned in this (which might be the link) :

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-bay-senedd-barry-island-20291485

Is that what you mean? Had to go and look as I didn't get a push notification for it. Being in North Wales we get more more updates on events in East Timor than The South so sorry if there's been a huge incident that I've missed.

bgmnts

Quote from: Zetetic on April 03, 2021, 09:10:12 AM
(I was heartily sick of the "Senedd litter" discourse by the early hours of yesterday, if I'm honest.)

I mean I know littering isn't the worst crime in the world but its just fucking awful and I hate it and I want all these cunts to have to spend a day down the canal litter picking by court order.

Kankurette

Why were there a big group of people outside the Senedd?

Zetetic

Nice place to sit of an evening down the bay.

poo

Quote from: bgmnts on April 03, 2021, 10:20:29 AM
I mean I know littering isn't the worst crime in the world but its just fucking awful and I hate it and I want all these cunts to have to spend a day down the canal litter picking by court order.

This is the solution. 50 hours community service. 100 if there's any lip.

Zetetic

Putting up fencing seems pretty stupid, given the linear nature of time.

BritishHobo

Glad to be vindicated in having avoided the bay all week. It's been a lovely place to walk to during lockdown, very empty and quiet. Just knew with the Bank Holiday weekend it would be a fucking disaster-zone. Some of those pictures are insane though, morning-after-Glastonbury levels of not being able to see the ground for shit and litter.