Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Danny Baker patreon

Started by Menu, October 24, 2020, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: The Cloud of Unknowing on October 27, 2020, 02:22:12 AM
https://twitter.com/prodnose/status/1320869148034027521

First of all it's better with 'Beryl' omitted, and second, didn't someone on here have that joke under their avatar?

It's a mildly amusing joke, a daft bit of throwaway whimsy, but yeah, he fucked it by mentioning her first name. We got it, Danny.

The Cloud of Unknowing

https://twitter.com/prodnose/status/1321534962550583299

Sandwiched between a tweet about Millwall beating Preston and an old photo of him talking to Will on TFI Friday.

I get the point but tweeting an imaginary conversation like that is quite odd. Bad case of Twitterbrain.

niat

Quote from: The Cloud of Unknowing on October 29, 2020, 12:51:59 AM
  https://twitter.com/prodnose/status/1321534962550583299

Sandwiched between a tweet about Millwall beating Preston and an old photo of him talking to Will on TFI Friday.

I get the point but tweeting an imaginary conversation like that is quite odd. Bad case of Twitterbrain.

That tweet makes more sense with the one that followed it, for context:

"Nobody should die in our channel. Nobody does this easily. Would you? Nobody loves their children any less than you do."

https://twitter.com/prodnose/status/1321535765101350918?s=20

The Cloud of Unknowing

Yes, I saw that. Possibly ungenerous of me, but I don't get why in a frivolous Twitter account he's concocted a dramatic dialogue to make his point.

Menu

Quote from: The Cloud of Unknowing on October 29, 2020, 08:04:15 PM
Yes, I saw that. Possibly ungenerous of me, but I don't get why in a frivolous Twitter account he's concocted a dramatic dialogue to make his point.

Yes, the dialogue almost seems to be saying the opposite. I wish he'd stop getting embarrassingly drunk all night and, I dunno, make another Own Goals and Gaffs.

Jockice

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 25, 2020, 10:36:22 PM
Baker is one of the very few radio broadcasters who has ever made me weep with laughter. And by 'very few' I mean 'only him and Chris Morris'. During periods of depression, he's an emergency source of joy.

I know he's a bit of a nuisance sometimes, but he's got me through some dark times, man. I'm awfully fond of him, flaws and all.

He's the only broadcaster who has actually made me have to pull off the road to park up while driving because I was laughing so much (when he claimed there had been a letter in the Daily Mirror saying something like 'Living in the countryside you see some strange things but this morning took the biscuit. I have just looked out of my window to see a tramp combing his hair. With a hedgehog.") so I do have a very soft spot for him. I used to regularly listen to his Five Live show but am missing it a lot less than I thought I would, and I've tried reading his autobiographies but lost interest about halfway through. It's good he's still doing something but I wouldn't pay for it.

Meanwhile I'll mention my usual bit about Baker, that only him and Dave Grohl out of the entire world of celebrities claim that they were never bulled at school but were in fact universally popular. It's alright for some.

DrGreggles

Isn't Baker's line "It wasn't until I appeared on TV that I realised I wasn't universally popular."

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 30, 2020, 07:50:20 AM
Isn't Baker's line "It wasn't until I appeared on TV that I realised I wasn't universally popular."

It is, yes.

Menu

After he was voted out FIRST from IAC...GMOOH! he said something like, "Ah my love affair with the British public continues!"