Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recommendation for games with no story

Started by Non Stop Dancer, October 24, 2020, 09:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Stop Dancer

PS4 specifically.

I just haven't got the patience to sit through cut scenes and whatnot. Tried Ghost of tsushima recently but don't care about any of it. Just want action.

Crackdown, Just Cause 2/3 etc. Stuff where there's either no story or it's so inconsequential that you just skip any cutscenes. Looking for a bit of action, like. Satisfying game mechanics.

The Crumb

Doom 2016 if you like FPSs, very lean and exciting, requires a bit of skill to take on the harder difficulties.

Devil May Cry 5 might fit the bill, lots of spectacle and deep mechanics. Cutscenes are generally daft fun.

If you can deal with some jankiness, Earth Defense Force (4.1 or 5) are just sheer campy B movie fun. Plot is that earth is being invaded, you blast 1000s of giant bugs, robots and Godzillas with massive guns, airstrikes and tanks. Very much a cult favourite, but if you like Just Cause you might enjoy these.

Nex Machina is godly.

Spelunky if you like platformers.

Are you on PC? I could pretty much just recommend you every game I've ever played :D Do you like shmups?

mobias

Farming Simulator. Trust me, you'll never look back. Unless of course you need to reverse a trailer load of manure.

Thursday

evilcommiedictator

There's no story in Dark Souls games, but that's up to your level of sadism on how much you want to play.....

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Ooh, you've done it now.

Broforce has been my go to game for this sort of thing on PS4. Perfectly playable 2D platform shoot 'em up fun.

Quote from: The Crumb on October 24, 2020, 10:13:26 PM
If you can deal with some jankiness, Earth Defense Force (4.1 or 5) are just sheer campy B movie fun. Plot is that earth is being invaded, you blast 1000s of giant bugs, robots and Godzillas with massive guns, airstrikes and tanks. Very much a cult favourite, but if you like Just Cause you might enjoy these.
This was the first thing I thought of. Its a blast.