Author Topic: How To With John Wilson  (Read 3151 times)

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
Re: How To With John Wilson
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
The segment is totally crazy. And I love the uncomfortable way the camera lingers a little too long before the footage is cut.

Ja'moke

• based on the novel Push by Sapphire
    • Inside Survivor
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 08:10:28 PM »
The segment is totally crazy. And I love the uncomfortable way the camera lingers a little too long before the footage is cut.

I tweeted about how much I’m loving How To With John Wilson and I got a follow from the TLC Tugger.

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 02:56:07 AM »
This show keeps getting better and better. Lots of great social voyeurism this week. I felt genuinely bad when that guy's whistle got stolen...

Mobius

• he who hingeth aboot getteth hee haw
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 11:25:25 PM »
This show keeps getting better and better. Lots of great social voyeurism this week. I felt genuinely bad when that guy's whistle got stolen...

Haha, he was a prick and deserved it

Still amazed by just how much footage this guy must have recorded, to be able to weave it all into a narrative.

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
one boring thing i think when i watch this is how does he get permission from all of the people he films to show them in the footage? are the laws different in america about this sort of thing or something?

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2020, 02:03:35 PM »
Where is everyone watching this? Is it on iTunes?

Edit: found it on one my (legal!) streaming services! Exciting.

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2020, 09:33:05 PM »
Tiny, useless comment, but I find the way he stammers in the narration strangely appealing.  There's no way a program gets to HBO and something like that would slip through the gate unintentionally, so it must be a conscious decision on Wilson's part, but it makes it all the more folksy and engaging, and he clearly does it for jokes on a couple of occasions.  This has almost got a Charlie Brown vibe!

PlanktonSideburns

• It filled a hole whilst contemplating the walzers
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2020, 10:16:14 PM »
Tiny, useless comment, but I find the way he stammers in the narration strangely appealing.  There's no way a program gets to HBO and something like that would slip through the gate unintentionally, so it must be a conscious decision on Wilson's part, but it makes it all the more folksy and engaging, and he clearly does it for jokes on a couple of occasions.  This has almost got a Charlie Brown vibe!
one boring thing i think when i watch this is how does he get permission from all of the people he films to show them in the footage? are the laws different in america about this sort of thing or something?

Fuck yes on both these

Ja'moke

• based on the novel Push by Sapphire
    • Inside Survivor
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2020, 12:37:05 PM »

Definitely an intentional choice. I love that too.

« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 11:19:04 AM »
Where is everyone watching this? Is it on iTunes?

Edit: found it on one my (legal!) streaming services! Exciting.

No doubt it will be legally available in the UK by 2025.

Tags: