Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee Hurst getting owned on Twitter [as da kidz say]

Started by Deanjam, October 25, 2020, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

I realise the comedy forum may be the wrong place to put the miserable Hurst, but I laughed at this exchange.

Anyway, his twitter has been filled with right-wing conspiracy nonsense for years now. Was he always this way and I didn't notice [I only remember him from They Think It's All Over], or did his career failing turn him?

George Oscar Bluth II

Should be some way of ensuring people like Lee get Covid and nice people who are trying don't

Shit Good Nose

Brilliant.

As I've recounted on here a few times, I went to see Hurst with a few mates at the Colston Hall in Bristol on that one and only big national tour he did, and it remains in the top(/bottom) 10 worst gigs I've ever been to.  From memory he wasn't heckled, BUT the entire audience was pretty much silent throughout.  Dave Johns - who opened - went down infinitely better.

Thursday

That Russ bloke is an absolute twat most of the time btw. Which makes this even funnier.

Cursus

Quote from: Thursday on October 25, 2020, 01:03:39 PM
That Russ bloke is an absolute twat most of the time btw. Which makes this even funnier.

A twat with a creepy sex blog.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote[CONTINUES THROUGH AND DOES SHOPPING]

Twat.

Or "/r/thathappened" as da kidz say

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure I'd agree with Hurst that he was remaining polite with that security guard. Does he expect the guard to have x ray vision so he can see in his pockets?

Thursday

And someone could easily have a mask in their pockets and then forget to put it on, so it's a very reasonable question, but Hurst is one of the worst cunts alive, so that wouldn't cross his mind.

Ominous Dave

How has Hurst managed to squeeze an entire career out of being mildly amusing on a largely-forgotten panel show over 20 years ago?

(Is the answer just 'he invested in London property at the right time'? Because it usually is with these kind of twats.)

Shit Good Nose

I can totally believe that Hurst legitimately falls into the "unable to wear a facemask cos reasons" category given that he is basically a walking health hazard and should, according to medical science, either be dead or confined to a wheelchair, but then you should explain that shouldn't you.

Ominous Dave

I've been to one of the comedy nights he used to run too, and it made Jongleurs on a Saturday night look like the 1911 Solvay Conference.

daf

Quote from: Cursus on October 25, 2020, 02:18:18 PM
A twat with a creepy sex blog.

Sex blog, sex blog,
creepy sex blog
You can have a fiddle
while I write about a snog

Hand Solo

Quote from: Thursday on October 25, 2020, 01:03:39 PM

Who boasts about being 6ft? 6ft something yes I've seen that done. And doesn't Hurst have Ankylosing spondylitis? A particularly soft 7 year old could probably beat him up. Though Hurst using the old `say it to my face' defence is particularly shit in a lockdown. It's the old Douche and Turd scenario here, I'm afraid.

El Unicornio, mang

I just hate the "I bet you wouldn't say it to my face" response whenever anyone uses it, as if you should only call out people who you could have in a physical fight or without the prospect of being harmed.

Tony Yeboah

It's just occurred to me: Did they get him on They Think It's All Over because he's called Hurst?

Tony Tony Tony

Reckon Lee Hurst is a man more to be pitied than vilified. He caused an incident back in 2006 where he was detained under the mental health act by the Old Bill. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/move-my-dad-or-ill-kill-myself-says-comedian-lee-hurst-7185855.html Although it states in the same article...

QuoteHurst was taken by police to Medway Maritime Hospital for psychiatric assessment and said afterwards: "Once they realised I wasn't suicidal they were fine."

It is clear he is not averse to extreme action and his Twitter feed does seem that he is not averse to expressing extreme views either. I for one always quite liked him on They Think it's all Over though he would have looked good in comparison with Rory McGrath's antics wouldn't he?

Curiously not too long after the above mentioned I was sitting in the A&E at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Hurst came in to wait as well. He was approached by an attractive young lady who, asked "are you off the telly?" he gave her his number and invited her to a gig for a complimentary. (Possibly a euphemism). Legend Lee?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 25, 2020, 04:49:54 PM
I just hate the "I bet you wouldn't say it to my face" response whenever anyone uses it, as if you should only call out people who you could have in a physical fight or without the prospect of being harmed.
Yes, it speaks to a very 'might makes right' sort of attitude. No need for debate, just beat them up and you'll prove your point.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on October 25, 2020, 05:22:15 PM
Reckon Lee Hurst is a man more to be pitied than vilified. He caused an incident back in 2006 where he was detained under the mental health act by the Old Bill. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/move-my-dad-or-ill-kill-myself-says-comedian-lee-hurst-7185855.html Although it states in the same article...

It is clear he is not averse to extreme action and his Twitter feed does seem that he is not averse to expressing extreme views either. I for one always quite liked him on They Think it's all Over though he would have looked good in comparison with Rory McGrath's antics wouldn't he?

Curiously not too long after the above mentioned I was sitting in the A&E at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Hurst came in to wait as well. He was approached by an attractive young lady who, asked "are you off the telly?" he gave her his number and invited her to a gig for a complimentary. (Possibly a euphemism). Legend Lee?

He also - by his own admission to be fair - has major anger management issues (which, IIRC, is one of the reasons he left/was booted off TTIAO).  He covered both in the show I mentioned above. 

But I think his...questionable views are absolutely nothing to do with any mental health problems.

Brundle-Fly

They both come over as frightful in that exchange. Posturing twats.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 25, 2020, 05:34:52 PM
He also - by his own admission to be fair - has major anger management issues (which, IIRC, is one of the reasons he left/was booted off TTIAO).  He covered both in the show I mentioned above. 

But I think his...questionable views are absolutely nothing to do with any mental health problems.

You're very public slamming of Minotaur 15 and subsequent short stay at a Bodmin Lunatics Asylum at the bequest of famed director, (redacted), says otherwise.

Ominous Dave

I for one always quite liked him on They Think it's all Over though he would have looked good in comparison with Rory McGrath's antics wouldn't he?

One of my memories of living in Cambridge in the late 00s is constantly seeing a bloke in the local Co-Op who looked weirdly like a fat unwell alcoholic version of Rory McGrath. You can probably guess the end of this story.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 25, 2020, 05:39:56 PM
You're very public slamming of Minotaur 15 and subsequent short stay at a Bodmin Lunatics Asylum at the bequest of famed director, (redacted), says otherwise.

And I wrote my review on the wall of that cell.  With someone else's faeces.

Cold Meat Platter

Hurst, McGrath in a light hearted sports quiz.
If I ever get sent to Guantanamo it'll be They Think it's All Over that the septics project onto my cell walls.

Hand Solo

I for one always quite liked him on They Think it's all Over though he would have looked good in comparison with Rory McGrath's antics wouldn't he?

The Rapes Of McGrath?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 25, 2020, 05:52:56 PM
Hurst, McGrath in a light hearted sports quiz.
If I ever get sent to Guantanamo it'll be They Think it's All Over that the septics project onto my cell walls.

It was the Wild West back then. Not as much identikit shows or panellists that more recently has morphed into Extreme Centrist "thinkers" and "wackybeige" comedians. However, I would argue it was a precursor, an enabler, just that their mugs didn't fit the direction "TV EXECS" had in assimilating outré talent and left-wing thinkers into the fold.

Mister Six

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 25, 2020, 05:54:31 PM
The Rapes Of McGrath?

I've been holding onto that pun for years. Fucker steadfastly refusing to go on a sex assault rampage to give me a chance to use it. So selfish!

Hand Solo

Quote from: Mister Six on October 25, 2020, 06:10:39 PM
I've been holding onto that pun for years. Fucker steadfastly refusing to go on a sex assault rampage to give me a chance to use it. So selfish!

I came up with it years ago when he got spotted hiding in bushes and stalking and getting quite rapey with some unnamed woman

QuoteHis victim agreed to meet him at his home in July 2015 despite feeling uncomfortable about it. Abell said McGrath had put a mattress in his front room and asked the woman if she was frightened.

Abell told the court: %u201CHe asked after a few minutes of rather difficult conversation if, in the past months, she kept the relationship going in case she was worried about him having evidence. She felt he was trying to cross-examine her.%u201D

Abell said: %u201CShe made it clear to him that their relationship was over. His reaction was to break down in tears and try to kiss her. She made it clear she did not want that. He then spoke in a theatrical voice as if there was an audience and said: %u2018OK, ladies and gentlemen, we have closure.%u2019%u201D

The court heard that, between June 2015 and August 2016, McGrath sent the woman emails, approached her in the street and followed her. He also sent letters to the woman%u2019s husband.

Brr.

Menu

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on October 25, 2020, 04:50:40 PM
It's just occurred to me: Did they get him on They Think It's All Over because he's called Hurst?

Whoa! That's one for the 'obvious things' thread. Never thought of that!