Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee Hurst getting owned on Twitter [as da kidz say]

Started by Deanjam, October 25, 2020, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

Even the Wikipedia page for 'They Think It's All Over' sounds depressed at the thought:

QuoteEach team also had a regular panellist. For the team which was originally captained by Gary Lineker this was Rory McGrath for the show's entire run.

Menu

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on October 25, 2020, 05:22:15 PM
Reckon Lee Hurst is a man more to be pitied than vilified. He caused an incident back in 2006 where he was detained under the mental health act by the Old Bill. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/move-my-dad-or-ill-kill-myself-says-comedian-lee-hurst-7185855.html Although it states in the same article...

It is clear he is not averse to extreme action and his Twitter feed does seem that he is not averse to expressing extreme views either. I for one always quite liked him on They Think it's all Over though he would have looked good in comparison with Rory McGrath's antics wouldn't he?

Curiously not too long after the above mentioned I was sitting in the A&E at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Hurst came in to wait as well. He was approached by an attractive young lady who, asked "are you off the telly?" he gave her his number and invited her to a gig for a complimentary. (Possibly a euphemism). Legend Lee?

Be fair. She was in Moorfields.

Tony Tony Tony

idunnosomename

This is funny as a deliberately shit anti-joke but it clearly isnt meant to be

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 25, 2020, 06:36:08 PM
This is funny as a deliberately shit anti-joke but it clearly isnt meant to be

I came up with the 'Make a stand - ahaha it's a wooden stand you can put things on' pun when I was about 10.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Hand Solo on October 25, 2020, 06:42:03 PM
I came up with the 'Make a stand - ahaha it's a wooden stand you can put things on' pun when I was about 10.

Monetise it, you did not.

Who is the far right conspiracist hideous bald clown now?

BlodwynPig

daf

I don't get it - isn't HE a 'Covid Warrior'?

(i.e. a nuisance that is helping to spread it)

If his own Twitter feed wasn't shit enough, it's generally thought that yer man Hurst is also behind the appalling "Funny Alf Garnett" account.

https://twitter.com/FunnyAlfGarnett

idunnosomename

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on October 25, 2020, 07:40:18 PM
If his own Twitter feed wasn't shit enough, it's generally thought that yer man Hurst is also behind the appalling "Funny Alf Garnett" account.

haha i'm blocked. i might have publically told some friends that account is a bit fash. they agreed with me, but clearly the account noticed

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 25, 2020, 08:02:45 PM
haha i'm blocked. i might have publically told some friends that account is a bit fash. they agreed with me, but clearly the account noticed

Or when Funny Alf Garnett wrote that he `loves it when he's on the BBC', and you responded `I BET YOU YOU DO YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS'?

Gurke and Hare

You can always tell when something's really funny by the creator describing it as funny. And why "Funny Alf Garnett" anyway? Isn't funny supposed to be the default with a comedy character?

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 25, 2020, 05:29:34 PM
Yes, it speaks to a very 'might makes right' sort of attitude. No need for debate, just beat them up and you'll prove your point.

In fairness to the arsehole, it was in response to being called a dickswab. Not much room for debate there.

BlodwynPig

Fly Tipping with Rory McGrath.

Rory McGrath travels around some of Britain's best loved fly tipping spots .... ah fuck it, its not 2006 anymore, days are gone

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 25, 2020, 09:16:39 PM
In fairness to the arsehole, it was in response to being called a dickswab. Not much room for debate there.
Yes. It's incontrovertible.

The Cloud of Unknowing

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 25, 2020, 05:52:56 PM
Hurst, McGrath in a light hearted sports quiz.

And David Gower once jumped the queue in front of my sister in a greengrocer's on Queens Road, Leicester.

She said it's possible he didn't see her though, but hopefully you didn't read this bit.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: The Cloud of Unknowing on October 25, 2020, 10:39:45 PM
And David Gower once jumped the queue in front of my sister in a greengrocer's on Queens Road, Leicester

She said it's possible he didn't see her though, but hopefully you didn't read this bit.

What an outrage. Fancy accusing David Gower of being in Leicester of all places.

I certainly read it.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 25, 2020, 09:16:39 PM
You can always tell when something's really funny by the creator describing it as funny. And why "Funny Alf Garnett" anyway? Isn't funny supposed to be the default with a comedy character?

And that funny character account doesn't sound anything like Alf Garnett. Yes, it's an outpouring of bigotry, but the famous comedy character Alf Garnett had a very specific, distinctive way of talking. I know this is stating the obvious, it's something we're all aware of, but Garnett was written and performed as a blatant parody of racist attitudes.

Hurst being responsible for that account wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, as he's a very stupid man who doesn't have a fucking clue about comedy.

McDead

I think I was the first to guess it was him - both accounts have the same cadence, implied bitterness and shithead world view - and when I asked Hurst if this was the case, both accounts blocked me.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 25, 2020, 11:08:07 PM
Hurst being responsible for that account wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, as he's a very stupid man who doesn't have a fucking clue about comedy.

Oh yeah? I bet you wouldn't contravene lockdown rules and furnish your own travel and accommodation expenses to say that to his face!

Quote from: McDead on October 25, 2020, 11:14:10 PM
I think I was the first to guess it was him - both accounts have the same cadence, implied bitterness and shithead world view - and when I asked Hurst if this was the case, both accounts blocked me.

Probably just a coincidence. Just a racist coincidence.

idunnosomename

Quote from: McDead on October 25, 2020, 11:14:10 PM

what a snowflake baldy!

Ornlu

It does pain me to say it in this instance, but I'm afraid no-one has ever actually been owned by one of those silly portmanteau insults.

Armin Meiwes

Yeah plus that "well I'm 6' and play rugby" thing is a bit pathetic really, a bit "against Karate?", like you're just justifying his "would you say that to my face" because youre only going to say it because you think you're harder? Who gives a fuck if you're harder! I mean everyone's harder than Lee Hurst at this point in time but the issue is more about social niceties and whether you'd have the bottle to barrel straight past them because you don't give a fuck not because you think Lee Hurst might beat you up.

Hat FM

If Hurst is an anti-masker it seems it would be fairly silly to say anything to his face right now six foot tall or not.

bgmnts

Quotein one interview, stated that he stopped attending a back support group which helped him with his ankylosing spondylitis after he found out that it was run as a charity, explaining that "I believe it should be provided by the State through taxation. I'd be very hypocritical if I used their facilities when I won't do medical charity benefits".

So he's left wing when it concerns just his specific problem?

petril

Quote from: Hat FM on October 26, 2020, 09:24:44 AM
If Hurst is an anti-masker it seems it would be fairly silly to say anything to his face right now six foot tall or not.

be better to cough instead. he won't care because he doesn't need no mask. just let a big gutteral smokers' one out, right in his face. he won't complain. don't believe in any of that covid stuff so it's not really assault because there's no way he can feel harmed by it and there's no evidence that it came from you anyway. if he's out and about unmasked he could pick it up anywhere. probably already had it when you bumped into him, the cunt

idunnosomename

Amazing, all this anti-establishment notoriety and he still only has 6k followers

Must be that hes simply not funny

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 26, 2020, 10:14:23 AM
Amazing, all this anti-establishment notoriety and he still only has 6k followers

Must be that hes simply not funny

7k now, that sweet, sweet bump is gonna feel good - this is his moment.

idunnosomename

Oh wow youre nearly in the vauxhall conference of twitter comedians now. Keep it up lee

Armin Meiwes

Wonder how you even make any money when you're a former C-list comedian who has gone down dramatically in popularity from there.. can prob play to like.. 50 people X £10 a ticket in a night based on vague memory of your name from being on TV? But the cost of driving round the countries going to kill your tiny profit margin. No one's hiring you to write for their TV show. Prob hoping for a column on spiked as their comedy correspondent at this point.