Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,313
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:09:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee Hurst getting owned on Twitter [as da kidz say]

Started by Deanjam, October 25, 2020, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Interesting reply from Hurst considering, not too long ago, he stated he doesn't read his Twitter replies...

I remember reading on his Wikipedia page about the time he smashed an audience members phone at a gig in Guildford which I was curious about as I lived in the town for a while. When I looked it up, it was literally in the Stoke Pub that was on the same street I lived on. Amazingly there was no sign of a blue plaque remembering the time Hurst played this modest venue.

jobotic

ankylosing spondylitis?

Bad back you mean. He wants to do some star jumps, that'll sort it.

Soros invented it to stop Brexit.

kngen

Quote from: Armin Meiwes on October 26, 2020, 10:49:44 AM
Wonder how you even make any money when you're a former C-list comedian who has gone down dramatically in popularity from there.. can prob play to like.. 50 people X £10 a ticket in a night based on vague memory of your name from being on TV? But the cost of driving round the countries going to kill your tiny profit margin. No one's hiring you to write for their TV show. Prob hoping for a column on spiked as their comedy correspondent at this point.

When I lived round the corner from his comedy club, it seemed that the Salsa Nights were the main moneyspinner. No wonder he's a 'covid is a hoax' proponent (other than obviously getting all his reactionary opinions from a big template marked 'annoying yet predictable Twitter cunt')

mippy

I find Twitter comedians (as in, people primarily famous for doing FUNNIES and SATIRES) on Twitter needy and tedious at the best of times, has he been unfamous now for long enough to count as one of them?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 26, 2020, 10:42:07 AM
Oh wow youre nearly in the vauxhall conference of twitter comedians now. Keep it up lee

It's taken him 800 followers clear of Rory McGrath anyway. Up to a quarter of David Gower's followers, and nearly a thousandth of Gary Lineker. Nick Hancock doesn't seem to be on Twitter. The engagement levels on those shit jokesposted above are tragic though.

Re the medical charities thing, he was definitely a "left wing comedian" back in the days of TTIAO. I don't know where this turn came from. Bitterness at not getting booked ever for being shit I guess.

g0m

Quote from: Better Midlands on October 26, 2020, 10:19:32 AM
7k now, that sweet, sweet bump is gonna feel good - this is his moment.

he's got like 10k less followers than me and i've never even been on the tv

neveragain

One of his Tweets seemed to suggest that everyone who believes that Covid is dangerous is also a dyed-in-the-wool Boris supporter. Baffling delusion.

Tapiocahead

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on October 25, 2020, 10:57:50 PM
What an outrage. Fancy accusing David Gower of being in Leicester of all places.

I certainly read it.

I've resurrected my account simply to point out that David Gower played county cricket for Leicestershire for about 14 years

Jumblegraws

Hurst has gone very quiet since that woodwork side-splitter.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 26, 2020, 07:03:31 PM
It's taken him 800 followers clear of Rory McGrath anyway. Up to a quarter of David Gower's followers, and nearly a thousandth of Gary Lineker. Nick Hancock doesn't seem to be on Twitter. The engagement levels on those shit jokesposted above are tragic though.
at least rory has a blue tick. And he went to prison for ten weeks!

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 28, 2020, 11:50:32 AM
at least rory has a blue tick

So does Lee!

An engorged one sucking out his Cerebrospinal fluid.

Unger

Quote from: The Cloud of Unknowing on October 25, 2020, 10:39:45 PM
And David Gower once jumped the queue in front of my sister in a greengrocer's on Queens Road, Leicester.

She said it's possible he didn't see her though, but hopefully you didn't read this bit.

Oh he saw her alright. As a Leicestershire resident of many years, I've heard several tales of his arrogant twattishness.  I always thought his blonde, curly locks would look better with a streak of claret running through it.

The Cloud of Unknowing

Quote from: Unger on October 29, 2020, 05:32:06 PM
Oh he saw her alright. As a Leicestershire resident of many years, I've heard several tales of his arrogant twattishness.  I always thought his blonde, curly locks would look better with a streak of claret running through it.
Yeah, I reckon my sister was being generous. Stoneygate ponce!