Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Clipping - Visions of Bodies Being Burned

Started by JaDanketies, October 26, 2020, 11:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Have you checked out the latest Clipping release? I think it might be their best yet (although I've only listened to it once). Which is saying something, because I've long thought Clppng was one of the best albums of all time.

Blue Jam

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 21, 2020, 09:16:57 PM
I think clipping. are great. No-one agrees with me.

Psssh. Daveed is excellent as a vocalist.

Some good bands name-dropped there. I would also include Ghostemane and Moodie Black. And the label Deathbomb Arc.

Blue Jam

I had absolutely no idea Daveed Diggs was an actor until I watched the excellent Undone on Amazon Prime. Was a bit of a thrill to hear his voice in that.

JaDanketies

Only thing I've seen him in was Wonder, where he played a teacher and where the trailer has more impact than the movie. My brother says the film he made himself Blindspotting was surprisingly good.

Someone I knew for a few months in the past was in an album with him as part of Too Neutral Crew and they were very excited when he won a Tony award for Hamilton.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: clipping on November 21, 2020, 11:29:39 PM
Visions of Bodies Being Burned is less a sequel than it is the second half of a planned diptych.

i mean im trying not to make a post calling these dudes berks, but cmon

JaDanketies

In terms of the ones shared three years back, B L A C K I E. I can see are technically good but it's too continually shouty to get into. H09909 I love, they evoke a nu metal sound to me. Ghostemane is more trap metal.

On a UK vibe check out FMA ft 12 Gauge. I would link but mobile, ballache

I did think it was cringy when I read that Bandcamp review and Googled diptych but they're hipster like the whole genre so fuck it

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: a fan on November 21, 2020, 11:35:24 PM
Shawnji_Ikari Pain Everyday is entirely in 7/8 time, what else needs to be said?

their fans keeping it cringecore also

Ja'moke

I like clipping a lot but just haven't been taken by this new album. It doesn't do anything different from the last record. Not that every new album necessarily has to do something different, but when it's so similar it's hard for me to be drawn in.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 22, 2020, 02:10:09 PM
I like clipping a lot but just haven't been taken by this new album. It doesn't do anything different from the last record. Not that every new album necessarily has to do something different, but when it's so similar it's hard for me to be drawn in.

Yeah it was apparently supposed to be released like a week after the last album and it was supposed to be clear that it was a double-feature, but COVID happened.

There Existed an Addiction to Blood had some good songs on but I felt some parts of the album dragged a little, hence me preferring this one.

Here's FMA + 12 Gage who are a UK act that Clipping. fans might want to check out.  Father and son duo, conceptual albums, quite noisy, with that goth tinge.