Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I have just won 2nd place in a beauty contest.

Started by Mr Flunchy, February 27, 2004, 12:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Flunchy

Now, before anyone starts, this does reek of a scam, or possibly scamola.

But anyways, I was walking through Manchester the other week when a hot woman asked me if I wanted to be a model.  Assuming it was a joke I said yes, and I've just got a text informing me I have a free makeover and photo session.

Now, I'm sure this is the kind of ruse whereby they rinse a lot of money out me by appealing to my vanity 'Here's your one photo sir, if you want the other photos of you looking good that'll be £20 etc.

I fully intend to take the piss.  

Any ideas?

hencole

Post a piccie of yourself and let us be the judges. Only then can we be sure she is taking the piss or not.

smoker

fuck it, i say do it, free makeover why not?

Mr Flunchy

But that picture makes me look better than I am, at the moment my glasses are held together with superglue and I have a scraggy tramp beard.

butnut

fanny splendid

He looks like he's about to let loose with the milk.

Yeah, go for it, but make it worthwhile.

Don't shower for a week.

Gazeuse

Purple Tentacle

If it was genuine, they would have phoned you rather than texting you.

Go upside down, naked in a Parka like Kenny, so that only your arse sticks out of the face-hole, and you have feet for hands.

Pinball

As long as she doesn't ask you to pose nude & erect, go for it ;-)

Krang

Vermschneid Mehearties

Smackhead Kangaroo

Are you sure that's not "because I'm worth it" ?

TraceyQ

ziggy starbucks

you look like a hairy version of former grand prix racer Jacque Villneuve, Mr Flunchy

Mr Flunchy

Aw.. shucks, well, this has been a nice boost to my rapidly inflating ego - I'm sure that will be rapidly deflated when I'm stung for some unforeseen cost..

gazzyk1ns

I'd say a general rule is

QuoteAnything 'commercial' which involves a text message at some point is useless, annoying, or a scam

terminallyrelaxed

That is so true. Where's it from, Eclesiastes, or maybe Solomon?

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"Aw.. shucks, well, this has been a nice boost to my rapidly inflating ego - I'm sure that will be rapidly deflated when I'm stung for some unforeseen cost..

How is it unforeseen? It's blatantly obvious they want to sting you for some cash. Get real and get off your ego-stool, man. It's con merchants, after your vanity cash. Don't give them the chance.

However, I have this lovely London Monument for sale, one owner, (The Royal Family), has anyone told you you're a lovely looking gentleman?

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "Incredible Monkey Doctor"
Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"Aw.. shucks, well, this has been a nice boost to my rapidly inflating ego - I'm sure that will be rapidly deflated when I'm stung for some unforeseen cost..

How is it unforeseen? It's blatantly obvious they want to sting you for some cash. Get real and get off your ego-stool, man. It's con merchants, after your vanity cash. Don't give them the chance.

However, I have this lovely London Monument for sale, one owner, (The Royal Family), has anyone told you you're a lovely looking gentleman?

I'm fully aware of the fact that they're con-merchants, I'm sure they'll be delighted to find out I'm absolutely skint.  Even if I was vain enough to want whatever they're trying to sell me, I couldn't afford it.  Besides, I got some more details off them, I get a free makeover a photo shoot of which I get to take away one photo for free, and pay for the rest if I feel like.  Which I'm not going to, as they are evil.

I might as well waste their time.

Uncle_Z

Beware the makeover young Flunchy.  They'll shampoo and pamper and try to convince you to go clean shaven, short cropped and slicked back.  No good can come of this.  Even if you do not buy the photos you are already on the slippery slope towards (I apologise in advance for offending sensibilities here) moisturiser.

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "Uncle_Z"moisturiser.

But.. but I like my lizardlike skin.. Oh man..