Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Belgium and the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 26, 2020, 04:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: sardines on October 28, 2020, 10:10:17 PM
Exactly that.
I'm not sure what it is in the human psyche that turns this into a national pissing contest.
Though I suppose now is the time to say haha Germany and France have  also admitted they are fucked. Fuck you Fambo Number Mive!

Not sure why you are responding like that, I thought a country having to ask medics who test positive for Covid but have no symptoms being asked to continue to work was worth a thread.

It isn't a "national pissing contest", Covid is a global issue so it's relevant to comment on how it is affecting different countries. Notice the 22 page thread on the USA for example. We've also had threads on how the Coronavirus is affecting India and Brazil.

I've been very critical of the UK government's response on this forum (as you can also see in the original post) so why you think I'm some kind of nationalistic flag-waver who uses Covid to criticise other countries I don't know. I would have started a thread on any country where medics who test positive for Covid but have no symptoms were being asked to continue to work, no matter what country it is. It's something that hasn't been seen before (as far as I am aware).

sardines

Apologies I should have separated the two paragraphs. The last part was just me being a unfunny dick and I used your name as the person who created the topic. No offence intended.

The pissing contest comment was more aimed at the person who was mixing up the national response to Covid with their experience renting a bike in Ghent.

Cuellar

You can learn a lot about a country from its bike rental process.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: sardines on October 29, 2020, 02:50:00 PM
Apologies I should have separated the two paragraphs. The last part was just me being a unfunny dick and I used your name as the person who created the topic. No offence intended.

The pissing contest comment was more aimed at the person who was mixing up the national response to Covid with their experience renting a bike in Ghent.

No problem at all, sorry for misreading the post.

Ian Drunken Smurf

See Belgium is going into lockdown again...