Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Eric Andre Show - Season 5

Started by Ant Farm Keyboard, October 26, 2020, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant Farm Keyboard

It's back. Two episodes aired last night.

kitsofan34

It's clever how he's gone full slaphead to avoid any fears of being recognised. having become more famous from the series 1 days.

up_the_hampipe

Very sad about Hannibal leaving. Andre seemed gutted about it in an interview I read. Still, lots of great stuff. The 'Fart Splosion' prank was hilarious.

kilgore

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 26, 2020, 10:42:45 PM
Very sad about Hannibal leaving. Andre seemed gutted about it in an interview I read.

This one?

Quote from:  Vanity Fair on October 22, 2020When Andre told Buress his plan for season five, though, Buress declined to return to the series. "He was like, 'I don't know, man. We've been doing it for a while. I'm down to keep collaborating, I just don't wanna do the show anymore,'" Andre says. "I was heartbroken. Devastated.... The more I tried to talk him into it, the more I could tell he was pushing away." (Buress's rep declined to comment.)

Andre did, at least, convince Buress to quit the series on camera, so fans wouldn't think the two of them had had a falling out. "He's evolved and become very, very, very successful," Andre says, zen about Buress's exit. "I'm proud of him, so I totally get it."

Small Man Big Horse

Oddly I preferred the pranks to the studio based interviews this time around, and it always used to be the opposite. Still, it was a fun watch, but it's a format which probably needs to come to an end with this fifth season as it's the studio based elements are running out of steam.

g0m

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 29, 2020, 09:34:13 AM
Oddly I preferred the pranks to the studio based interviews this time around, and it always used to be the opposite.

I've been feeling like that for a while. I think the studio segments peaked in the first two seasons, when eric seemed more out of it and hannibal was the straight man. I don't think they ever topped this

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: kilgore on October 29, 2020, 09:23:09 AM
This one?

That's the one! I was too lazy to link it.

This week's prank with the news reporter was one of his best, got so close to being attacked but remained in character the whole time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDEUMVfu7Cg

"Use that anger!"

Omarion was a great value guest as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv8qR1jOkB4

Ant Farm Keyboard

up_the_hampipe

I'm hoping Lakeith Stanfield sticks around for a few more episodes, or permanantly would suit me. He seemed to revel in the mischief without getting in the way, similar to Hannibal but bringing a refreshing energy. Loved seeing New York on there too, she's always great.

zomgmouse

this continues to be cooked and excellent. the fartsplosion was great. the concrete shoes sketch/prank was great incl. discount pizza coupon. hell yeah

Petey Pate

kitsofan34

Quote from: Petey Pate on November 15, 2020, 12:18:07 PM
Pretty cool behind the scenes video from Adult Swim.

https://youtu.be/bkKHgFvesAo

I love how committed he is, especially how much work he puts into his look every series.

Hannibal comes across as very self serious in his reasoning for not carrying on with the show. Do people think the show's premise gets funnier the older Eric gets, or is it nearing its longevity for you?

PlanktonSideburns

I  was feeling that some of the spark was gone this season, interviews seemed more tired and safe

Seem to be in the minority tho -maybe I'M just getting lamer

Stonefish

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 29, 2020, 09:34:13 AM
Oddly I preferred the pranks to the studio based interviews this time around, and it always used to be the opposite. Still, it was a fun watch, but it's a format which probably needs to come to an end with this fifth season as it's the studio based elements are running out of steam.

I think I seen something about Andre saying he planned the show to run and run. Maybe he was joking or it might have been a pre-Hannibal leaving mindset. I agree about the interviews going off the boil this season. Which is a shame as I think they've been consistently excellent throughout the show's run. Season 4 was still doing amazing interviews like this and this so hopefully S5 gets back on track with them once he finds a new dynamic without Hannibal.

Spoiler alert
The Weird Al bit at the end of the last episode I watched was incredible
[close]

zomgmouse

billyandthecloneasaurus

lazyhour

Full episodes are being uploaded on the official adult swim YouTube channel.

Ferris

I just watched an episode of this, mouth agape.

Its fucking brilliant. Absolutely full-on bizarre "don't give a shit what you think" superb.

Is it all like this?

McChesney Duntz

Ferris

Chollis

badaids

Which is the episode that becomes unwatchable because they keep overlaying footage on top of footage until it becomes a noisy unbearable mess.

Ian Benson

Quote from: badaids on October 02, 2021, 07:54:58 PM
Which is the episode that becomes unwatchable because they keep overlaying footage on top of footage until it becomes a noisy unbearable mess.

S03E10 - Bird Up!

Ferris

Should I start at the beginning or what?

McChesney Duntz

Yes. Just to soak into the public-access-cable, no-budget aesthetic (one of the aspects of modern comedy I bless Tim & Eric for), then to enjoy it as they open the iris-in-anus further and further with the ensuing seasons. It's a sick, sludgy delight all the way through.

Ferris

It's the first time I've watched a show open-mouthed at how much I liked it (despite knowing fuck all about it) since Nirvanna the Band the Show.

Will get stuck tonight or tomorrow.

Quote from: Ian Benson on October 02, 2021, 08:02:59 PM
S03E10 - Bird Up!

Haha, yeah I remember that being really intense. Such a shame hannibal left, he was the perfect foil for his bullshit.

Ant Farm Keyboard

After season 1, watch the New Year special, as there's a ton of great stuff in it.

Mister Six

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 02, 2021, 03:49:08 AM
I just watched an episode of this, mouth agape.

Its fucking brilliant. Absolutely full-on bizarre "don't give a shit what you think" superb.

Is it all like this?

Which episode did you watch?

McChesney Duntz

The "Bird Up!" episode feels like the Abso Lutely/PFFR crossover I'd been dreaming of. In my sweetest nightmares.