Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,476
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Eric Andre Show - Season 5

Started by Ant Farm Keyboard, October 26, 2020, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on October 02, 2021, 09:02:11 PM
Which episode did you watch?

No idea, whatever was the first result on youtube. It didn't have Hannibal Buress so it must have been later in the run I guess.

I watched the next episode right after and it had no relation to the previous episode in any way which I loved. Fuck you - here's some more stuff and if you don't like it, I don't care. I'm a sucker for that type of media presentation.

Captain Z

First time I heard of the show was when Michael Cummings recommended it after the Oxide Ghosts (Brass Eye Tapes) screening I went to. I think there are definite Chris Morris similarities.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on October 02, 2021, 11:18:57 PM
First time I heard of the show was when Michael Cummings recommended it after the Oxide Ghosts (Brass Eye Tapes) screening I went to. I think there are definite Chris Morris similarities.

I think it is just stuff that's served up to you without context and in the faith that the audience is smart enough to work out what's funny and what isn't. There's no pandering or consensus-driven stuff; this is my vision as the creator, and if you don't get it I don't care. I think I've always loved that about art and media from DIY punk bands to stand-up.

I absolutely see the Morris parallels from that perspective.

badaids

The editing on the show is incredible too. Imagine being given the mess of raw footage of all the bullshit and chaos and being told to make a viable episode out of it.

Egyptian Feast

It prods some repressed, deeply stupid, part of my brain and makes me almost sick with laughter. I can't think of another comedy show, even my favourites, that have left me feeling that way (perhaps the first episode of The Day Today I happened upon by chance - episode two with the MTV parody and Coogan's road safety commercial, fact fans - or South Park at it's peak, but I'm not sure if they gave me cramps). I've introduced it to a few people who couldn't understand why I found it so funny, while I can't understand how anyone could watch the titles of any episode or the idiotic graphics applied to bemused/appalled bystanders in the prank sections and not twist their guts in hilarity.

poodlefaker

The first comparison that struck me was Vic Reeves Big Night Out: an angry, nihilistic Big Night Out, produced by Chris Morris.

Poobum

Binged through the first two series after being reminded of the shows existence in this thread and that it's been on my list. Annoyed how unwatchable All 4 makes this. The shows a 10 minute chaotic assault on the sense, don't stick a fucking ad break half way through. Rather pay the 7 quid on Amazon.

Has such an immense hit rate that its like its breaking you down. What finally got me Joey Fatone rolling out the way as a motorbike drove straight for the desk, needed a good break after that as I needed to breath.

Captain Z

I'm not sure if it's on All4 or Netflix, but there's a lesser-known special after Series 4 called 'Krft Punk's Political Party', which is definitely worth seeking out.

Poobum

Despising this Bird Up shit, just going around creepily assaulting strangers, barely a step up from YouTube prankster cunts.