Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy merch

Started by buntyman, October 27, 2020, 09:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buntyman

Merchandise from comedy shows other than books, dvds and cds has always seemed a bit strange to me. I remember seeing some Stewart Lee t-shirts at one of his shows with him drawn to look like the Incredible Hulk which looked very rubbish. I think Limmy had a bunch of his characters' catchphrases made up on T-shirts too that you'd also have to be a bit of a plonker to wear I'd have thought. I bet CaB have collectively amassed a right load of shit over the years from various live shows and I'd like to see what you have.

I have a Stouffer and a 'Warning Contains Savlon' mug from a Harry Hill gig in the early 2000s and a Tim Key pack of cards from this year (bought it off his website so probably doesn't count). The mug's pretty good and I can't seem to see a picture of it online so might have to remind myself how to upload photos here again.

Your comedy merch please.

bgmnts

To be fair if there was a shirt with "FACKING GANGBANGERS, YOU GOTTA LOVE 'EM" on it, I'd probably buy it.

holyzombiejesus

HMV used to do a few giveaways with comedy video boxsets. Still got a little Matchbox-style Babs Cab from the League of Gentlemen VHS and also had a really nasty cheap t-shirt with the Alan Partridge videos. It was made up so it looked like a blazer with the badge and tie but it was so horribly printed, not that I'd have worn it anyway.

zomgmouse

I remember the Flying Circus box set I bought years ago came with a little Black Knight doll with detachable velcro limbs. Still have that somewhere.

thenoise

Did Adam and Joe ever flog the 'Stephen?' T-shirt that Adam was sporting on TV? It's quite funny as a self-consciously rubbish catchphrase. I wouldn't buy it as I hate comedy t-shirts.

I saw a 'save Boggins' poster in someone's window in Bristol, but It was homemade.

notjosh

I have a Bill Bailey: Bewilderness t-shirt I've been wearing consistently since 2002.

I reckon I'd buy Kitson merch if he ever brought any out. A Hot Chocolate O'Clockolate mug, perhaps.

Wet Blanket

Vic and Bob were selling signed bottles of screen wash when I went to see them in Leeds a few years ago.

Benjaminos

Unofficial, but I bought a hoodie off Redbubble with 'That's you that is' printed on the front. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I've been too ashamed to ever wear it in public.

Small Man Big Horse

Because I'm a bit obsessed with Nathan For You I've got the book The Movement: How I Got This Body by Never Going to the Gym, an unofficial t-shirt with the "Have You Seen This Woman?" text and picture, and a framed edition of The Diarrhea Times. Sadly I've yet to get any Summit Ice clothing, but I no doubt will one day.

I've also a couple of comedy related t-shirts as my ex used to buy them as birthday presents, like an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia one with the lyrics to Dayman on it, and a Bojack Horseman t-shirt with Princess Carolyn and Vincent Adultman. But other than various books (like both of the Partridge ones) I think that's about it.

DrGreggles

I've got a Parapod t-shirt, drawn by Barry Dodds.

Famous Mortimer

I've got a weird figurine, made by Jim Tozzi (from "Wonder Showzen" and "Xavier: Renegade Angel"), and he sent me all sorts of cool stuff in the package, including a wonderful/ugly PFFR print which is hanging on my wall right now.

notjosh

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 27, 2020, 01:57:49 PM
Sadly I've yet to get any Summit Ice clothing, but I no doubt will one day.

I have the jacket; it's attracted many admiring comments. It's very well-insulated, though the zip is sometimes a bit sticky. Lots of pockets, which is good. Many victims of the holocaust were transported to concentration camps by train and murdered with poison gas on arrival.

cakeinmilk

The first Lee & Herring gig I went to they had some decent tshirt options that I wish were still available. My sibling got one with a flask of weak lemon drink on and I got a more obvious "I Like Fist of Fun" shirt with a disclaimer on the reverse stating it was a worthless piece of cash in merchandise designed to fill the pockets of Messrs Lee & Herring.

Since then I've settled for designing my own niche references

Autopsy Turvey

There is a Grimsby Pilchards t-shirt with the proper logo, had to snap that one up. 30 seconds of screen time 60 years ago! The same firm is selling a replica of Jack Douglas' yellow Duke Of Earl shirt from Carry On Behind, an iconic garment for a handful of ageing obsessives.

I wish to goodness that I still had my Bottom shirt from the '93 tour, black and white image of the lads above the legend 'who needs birds when you've got your mates' in fluorescent pink.

Often tempted to pick up a figurine from the Danbury Mint's Last Of The Summer Wine collection, probably the one of Marina with her legs open on a dry stone wall.

petril

Quote from: cakeinmilk on October 27, 2020, 06:57:03 PM
The first Lee & Herring gig I went to they had some decent tshirt options that I wish were still available. My sibling got one with a flask of weak lemon drink on and I got a more obvious "I Like Fist of Fun" shirt with a disclaimer on the reverse stating it was a worthless piece of cash in merchandise designed to fill the pockets of Messrs Lee & Herring.

Since then I've settled for designing my own niche references

up yours, Delors!

Yussef Dent

Got the PES United goalkeeper shirt with Ivarov on the back which is class tbf.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 27, 2020, 02:01:49 PM
I've got a Parapod t-shirt, drawn by Barry Dodds.

I've got Parapod stickers on me wheelie bins.

buzby

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 27, 2020, 09:15:29 AM
HMV used to do a few giveaways with comedy video boxsets. Still got a little Matchbox-style Babs Cab from the League of Gentlemen VHS and also had a really nasty cheap t-shirt with the Alan Partridge videos. It was made up so it looked like a blazer with the badge and tie but it was so horribly printed, not that I'd have worn it anyway.
I've got the Bab's Cab too. That came with the Series 2 HMV box set. Series 1 came with a 'Precious Thing' snowglobe:

The Christmas Special VHS came in a tin of the shop:

They were selling snowglobes on the merch stall during their 2018 'Live Again' tour:

There was one from their 2005 'Are Behind You!' panto tour too:

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Brian Freeze on October 28, 2020, 07:45:28 AM

Ringo Starr considers re...no, no , forget it.

dissolute ocelot

Caroline Mabey did a show called "Quetzal" about how she became a Scrabble genius and learned every Scrabble 2 letter word, which included her reciting the complete list. A couple of months later I was given a mug with every Scrabble 2 letter word on it, so that mug has become unofficial Caroline Mabey merch. And she didn't get a penny.

Jerzy Bondov

I've got a League of Gentleman pin badge on my work bag, it's the crest of Royston Vasey - it says nunquam abscedabitis!, no idea what that means. I've got an ORAN DOOVE t-shirt as well, both from the recent tour.

I got a mug from Vic & Bob's last tour as well. I asked Bob on Twitter if it was suitable for the dishwasher but he didn't reply. Going to smash it in retaliation.

Captain Z

I got bought a LOG hoodie as a present - I thought it might have been an official one, but maybe not. There's text that says "are you local?" but the main image is the white features of Papa Lazarou's face set against black fabric. Needless to say, not really suitable for wearing out in public.

Hat FM

i still regret not getting a creme brulee t-shirt during the interval when i went to see league of gentlemen years back. they were sold out after the show :(

I also have two bojack horseman t-shirts. one of vincent adultman which i now avoid wearing because people come up to me and tell me they love the show. these people are generally bald men, probably on this forum, and not supermodel types. i also have a chicken 4 dayz t-shirt which is one of my favourite eps.

Icehaven

I've got a few League of Gentlemen tshirts that I haven't worn in about 15 years, a Papa Lazarou one and an Edward and Tubbs one I think. I got one at a LoG show in about 2000, and one from HMV or Virgin megastore or somewhere. They're probably still sitting in a drawer at my Mum's house, if she hasn't given them to a chazzer.

Many years ago I bought an ex a Red Dwarf box set for Christmas, and it came with a little Starbug model, which was the real incentive for the purchase rather than the DVDs, which I suspected he'd never watch and he never did.

frajer

Quote from: Brian Freeze on October 28, 2020, 07:45:28 AM

Nice. I got one of the glow-in-the-dark pin badges left over from the live show.

Famous Mortimer

I remember once seeing a Lee and Herring "I Am Wanking As I Write This" shirt out in the wild and I would one day like to own one myself.

turnstyle

Quote from: icehaven on October 28, 2020, 02:18:06 PM
Many years ago I bought an ex a Red Dwarf box set for Christmas, and it came with a little Starbug model, which was the real incentive for the purchase rather than the DVDs, which I suspected he'd never watch and he never did.

As a teen in the 90s, I somehow managed to wear an Ace Rimmer 'Bake me a kipper' t-shirt, and get regular intercourse, which is nothing short of miraculous. Simpler times. Better times? Maybe.

Young Rector loves Miranda Hart and I was pleased to see an online shop open, thinking it might be a good source for a present...that was before I saw the prices. 

£15 for a face mask with 'Bear With' written on it.  £40 for a 'My, what I call, Christmas jumper'.  (plus delivery of course)

I can't afford to buy it but I kind of applaud her commercial vision if it's actually selling.

Glebe

Not bought at a comedy show, but I had a Reeves & Mortimer T-shirt that me brother bought me one Christmas, I think.

Ornlu

My grandma and aunt reportedly got hold of one of Ken Dodd's Tickle Sticks at a show of his. I never saw it, I don't think. It could have just been a duster.