Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sassy Justice (Parker, Stone, Serafinowicz)

Started by brat-sampson, October 27, 2020, 10:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

A new collaboration from these three just launched on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WfZuNceFDM

I liked it, Zuckerberg and Kushner probably the highlights, though Julie Andrews threw me for a loop. No idea how they managed that Cruise one either.

dead-ced-dead

The lads behind the Corridor Crew YouTube channel who do the SFX Artists React seem to be responsible for doing the deep fake face replacement stuff. They've done it for a few music videos and stuff too. 

Bernice

Utter Shit

bgmnts

The deep fake technology could destroy our society. This was fucking terrifying to me.

Laughed at the Tom Cruise bit though.

buzby

Quote from: brat-sampson on October 27, 2020, 10:28:09 AM
A new collaboration from these three just launched on Youtube.

I liked it, Zuckerberg and Kushner probably the highlights, though Julie Andrews threw me for a loop. No idea how they managed that Cruise one either.
I'm pretty sure Julie Andrews was being 'played' by Sarah Alexander.

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on October 27, 2020, 10:44:21 AM
The lads behind the Corridor Crew YouTube channel who do the SFX Artists React seem to be responsible for doing the deep fake face replacement stuff. They've done it for a few music videos and stuff too.
In the intro there was a brief shot of someone with glasses looking at a monitor that looked a bit like Clint.

Shit Good Nose

Always enjoy the voice Trey is using for Al Gore in this instance.

I'm assuming Fred Sassy is Serafinowicz and a character composite with Trump?

Starting to get VERY difficult to see the difference though.  Zuckerberg's a bit obvious, but the Michael Caine and Trump - they're getting really close aren't they.

Think Michael Caine's voice actually was him just to throw a spanner in the works.

Noodle Lizard

The Zuckerberg one is just creepy (I'm assuming it's Matt Stone). This was fun though!

brat-sampson

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 27, 2020, 03:21:45 PM
Starting to get VERY difficult to see the difference though.  Zuckerberg's a bit obvious, but the Michael Caine and Trump - they're getting really close aren't they.

Ironically the one furthest from an actual human

the

Watched the first half, thought it was technology over substance, hardly any gags. Dull material.

Famous Mortimer

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Mister Six

Got about halfway through it and gave up. Seems like a lot of effort to go to on such a weak script and premise. Maybe if this had come out two years back it would be something, but I can do this on an app on my phone in about 20 second now. The Caine one wasn't even particularly good.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Mister Six on October 27, 2020, 09:59:10 PMI can do this on an app on my phone in about 20 second now. The Caine one wasn't even particularly good.

This blows my tiny technological mind.

Mister Six

App is called Reface. You have to choose from the videos it gives you, I think. I'm sure there are (or will be) others that let you use any video you like, but I don't really care enough to check.

Mister Six

I should add that the Trump and Julie Andrews ones you see here are substantially better than the ones the apps would churn out. The apps look more like the Caine face (floaty, blurry where it connects to the head) or the Zuckerberg one (stiff, dead eyes[nb]I like my men like I like my deepfakes, etc.[/nb]).

Bernice

My assumption is that the Zuckerberg one was weakest because the real life Zuck has such a limited emotional range.

Cold Meat Platter

It looks like far more time was spent on the trump/sassy faces than anything else. The others go weird when they turn their heads, except Julie Andrews.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

But I think we can all agree that Serafinowicz is an exceptional impressionist?

g0m

yeah, he's always been the best in that game, for my money.

Noodle Lizard

I'm not sure it's something they're trying to make much of - seems more like quarantine boredom, no South Park series to do etc. so why not play with some deepfake software and some stock footage? Perfectly fine, they're not asking for money for it.

Sonny_Jim

I liked it, guffawed out loud on a few places due to the general silliness.  Nothing exceedingly clever but then with Matt & Trey that's how it is.

Also it's interesting to see that they've gone all the way from playing with pieces of cutout paper to expensive CGI, but the level of humour is exactly the same.  Not sure how much legs this format has got, but as a one off I thought it was good.

up_the_hampipe

I want the clip of Trump realising what a horrible person he is circulated on social media to see if any of his cult fall for it.

Sonny_Jim

In the YouTube comments there's one from Corridor Crew which is liked by the channel, so yeah seems fairly likely it's them.

That would make sense, some of their deepfake stuff has been intermittently amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBiNGufIJw

(accompanying behind the scenes video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEFnbZ0Zd4 )

zomgmouse

very dumb and very fucked. quite firmly into uncanny territory. the puppets made me laugh a lot, silly contrast

Puffin Chunks

I was involved in initial discussions for this, before they went a different way (full disclosure, I'm the main developer for deepfakes/faceswap, so either the Devil incarnate, or champion of making sure dangerous tech doesn't remain the sole property of nefarious organizations), but to answer some of these...

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 27, 2020, 10:27:43 PM
It looks like far more time was spent on the trump/sassy faces than anything else. The others go weird when they turn their heads, except Julie Andrews.

My understanding is that numerous content creators were used for this, so I suspect some did a better job than others.

Quote from: Evian Mousemat on October 28, 2020, 09:12:37 AM
That would make sense, some of their deepfake stuff has been intermittently amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBiNGufIJw

(accompanying behind the scenes video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEFnbZ0Zd4 )

We worked closely with Niko for that video. It was fun.

Quote from: Mister Six on October 27, 2020, 09:59:10 PM
but I can do this on an app on my phone in about 20 second now. .

You take that back, right now young man! Reface is pretty different. It's fine for fun little vids, but different in the underlying tech (jeez, I'm boring myself).... But yeah, the day will come when doing this on your phone will be no thing.

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on October 27, 2020, 10:47:16 PM
I'm not sure it's something they're trying to make much of - seems more like quarantine boredom, no South Park series to do etc. so why not play with some deepfake software and some stock footage? Perfectly fine, they're not asking for money for it.

This has been in the making since before the pandemic, would you believe?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Puffin Chunks on October 28, 2020, 11:57:45 PM
This has been in the making since before the pandemic, would you believe?

Is that right? Given how current some/most of the references are, you can see why I might have thought otherwise! Although I suppose the main thing that stuck out was the concept of "deepfakes" themselves, which I don't think I've heard anyone mention for the best part of a year.

Is it just a one-off, do you know? They've set up a website and everything, so I'm assuming there's more to come.

Puffin Chunks

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on October 29, 2020, 12:21:04 AM
Is that right? Given how current some/most of the references are, you can see why I might have thought otherwise! Although I suppose the main thing that stuck out was the concept of "deepfakes" themselves, which I don't think I've heard anyone mention for the best part of a year.

Is it just a one-off, do you know? They've set up a website and everything, so I'm assuming there's more to come.

Honestly, I don't know, but I can easily find out (so I will). Certainly this has been in the planning works since at least January. However, at that time it was very much in the initial concept stage, so I imagine a lot of that time has been spent ironing out the tech and getting the pipeline in place. Doing high quality, high-res deepfakes still takes a lot of post-process VFX work, and it is still relatively new for the industry. I would think that there is an awful lot of early test footage on the cutting room floor.