Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Types of Twitter arsehole you don't like

Started by canadagoose, October 27, 2020, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

What sort of prick is your least favourite? Here are a few I've come across lately:

1) The "picks a fight, then when someone argues back, play the victim and get your followers to harass them" type
2) The "dear All of Twitter, you MUST tweet these things in this specific way, or I might do something I regret and then it's YOUR FAULT you SUPER ABUSIVE GASLIGHTER!!!!" type
3) The "I SAY WOT I THINk, DON@T TAKE FOOLS GLADLY" type who has a strop whenever someone calls them a dick
4) Laurence Fox
5) stupid dogshit Salmond fans
6) stupid dogshit Farage/Johnson/Enoch Powell fans
7) fake-cool brand accounts trying to be viral

Buelligan

Personally, I'd like more information on the arseholes we like.  I don't go on twitter but people here have occasionally linked to some truly delightful shit on there.  Pointers, please.

The purportedly anti-Trump Resistance grifter account with half a million followers that clearly only exists as some kind of astroturfing campaign to piss off left-wing voters and stop them from voting.

Fambo Number Mive

People who put a little clapping emoji in between each word.

People who think that a meme is a substitute for an argument in a Twitter debate.

People who use the trending topics to spam their tweets.

canadagoose

Quote from: Buelligan on October 27, 2020, 09:33:02 PM
Personally, I'd like more information on the arseholes we like.  I don't go on twitter but people here have occasionally linked to some truly delightful shit on there.  Pointers, please.
Well, we have our fellow Verbwhores, but I don't know if they want me linking them on here. I follow at least 3 (machotrouts, keir and Ambient Sheep), and probably some more that I can't remember.

Edit: Neil! Bloody hell! How could I forget.

touchingcloth

Twitter itself is a big gaping arsehole!!!!!!!

Only joking, I follow some interesting accounts like Daesh.

Buelligan

Quote from: canadagoose on October 27, 2020, 09:41:47 PM
Well, we have our fellow Verbwhores, but I don't know if they want me linking them on here. I follow at least 3 (machotrouts, keir and Ambient Sheep), and probably some more that I can't remember.

Edit: Neil! Bloody hell! How could I forget.

Keir?

canadagoose

Quote from: Buelligan on October 27, 2020, 09:48:19 PM
Keir?
Not Starmer, a different one - I think "keir" is his username here but I could be wrong.

bgmnts

Actually, here's a question:

Which is the worst place on the internet for reactionary, right wing, inhumane gammons, Twitter or Youtube comments?

Sin Agog

1/67 OK, I am a trained threadician so let me break down all of the many-

2/67 underlying dynamics taking place in this thread started by canadago-

3/67 -ose.

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on October 27, 2020, 10:53:36 PM

Which is the worst place on the internet for reactionary, right wing, inhumane gammons, Twitter or Youtube comments?

As I said, I don't go on twitter but I did accidentally read some Youtube comments once for a few minutes - actually, I think it was live chat going on alongside a political programme - and it really worried me, just briefly.  That looking down into the abyss and realising it really is too stupid and hateful even to stare back.  And yet it still lives...

Wonderful Butternut

Youtube comments imo. Some proper fucking delusion there. Worst place on the net outside of dedicated right-wing, racist, gammon or incel spaces.

Another unexpectedly fun place is the local chat in social zones in Star Trek Online. At least you're allowed put a lot of people on ignore.

The comments section underneath local newspaper articles can be a goldmine.

Harry Badger

Quote from: canadagoose on October 27, 2020, 09:30:59 PM
What sort of prick is your least favourite? Here are a few I've come across lately:

1) The "picks a fight, then when someone argues back, play the victim and get your followers to harass them" type
2) The "dear All of Twitter, you MUST tweet these things in this specific way, or I might do something I regret and then it's YOUR FAULT you SUPER ABUSIVE GASLIGHTER!!!!" type
3) The "I SAY WOT I THINk, DON@T TAKE FOOLS GLADLY" type who has a strop whenever someone calls them a dick

This is basically Jack Monroe isn't it?

C_Larence

Emma Kennedy, Caitlin Moran, Chris Addison, David Baddiel, previously Graham Linehan ("until all the birds fell off the roof"). They're part of a lovey clique that twitter categorises as "English Comedians", but should just be called "Cunts". They think extremely highly of themselves and each other. Sharing "right on" posts about "issues" that "affect" them, like "cyberbullying", with an approving "THIS!". To be honest, this may be out of date, and there are probably many more applicable culprits now, but I blocked them all many years ago.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: C_Larence on October 27, 2020, 11:28:55 PM
Emma Kennedy, Caitlin Moran, Chris Addison, David Baddiel, previously Graham Linehan

VOGUE

Zetetic

Intensivists, quite often, apparently.

I mostly try to focus on not being a reply-guy.

crankshaft

Well, almost all of it. And besides the tidal wave of cunts that are the platform's foundation, structure and roof, my least favourites are:

- Celebrities who think they are the news.
- Musicians who tweet about anything except their music.
- Brands who think that being cute and matey isn't THE WORST.
- Anyone who only posts to Twitter via Instagram.
- People who quote-tweet every bit of abuse they get in an attempt to look hard / start arguments

Egyptian Feast

twlldun and anyone who thinks he's good. Fart-huffing sensible centrist cunts. The kind of people who say things like "Finally the grown ups have entered the room!" and don't castrate themselves immediately.

Old Holborn and anyone who thinks his life is worth more than a lump of dogshit hanging off a bootscraper. Tombstone faced, gif-replying, gammon-arousing, skinbag of hazardous medical waste cunt of a fucking cunt.

Thomas

Very worst place in the solar system for this is the comments section under old footage of a town. Go on, have a look. 'London, 1920s'. See what they're saying.

Sebastian Cobb

people who tweet things like 'I don't get revenge, I level up' and retweet vague statements like 'I cannot understand professionalism'. Keep that shit on facebook so your barely literate aunt can 'u ok hun?' it.

Uncle TechTip

Generally I avoid Twitter as i don't give a toss what Russ with a beard thinks of the US election, but I concede it's useful for local news like what that huge bang was just then.

Sebastian Cobb

https://twitter.com/DMReporter

Gambrinus

Quote from: Sin Agog on October 27, 2020, 10:53:48 PM
1/67 OK, I am a trained threadician so let me break down all of the many-

2/67 underlying dynamics taking place in this thread started by canadago-

3/67 -ose.

Why can't these people just write a blog post instead? Much easier to read.

I used to use Twitter for whimsy about Kiwi all-rounders and anywhere non-league football. But you end up inevitably getting sucked into a Flag Wanker vortex and calling everyone a cunt and getting banned. Hateful place. Glad I binned it.

The worst people are those on forums who post a link to twitter and nothing else. Am I supposed to click on it and make sense of it? Why can't you offer an opinion on it yourself? (Not this forum, somewhere else).

Gambrinus

Quote from: Thomas on October 28, 2020, 12:13:06 AM
Very worst place in the solar system for this is the comments section under old footage of a town. Go on, have a look. 'London, 1920s'. See what they're saying.

I used to be on an old Cardiff group on Facebook which had some cracking pictures of the city in the Olden Days interspersed with the usual guff about how we didn't have health and safety when we were kids and turned out fine etc.

Anyway, I left it, and shortly after Facebook, after some blatant anti-Semitism in the comments along the lines of Jews owning all the banks. Arseholes.

idunnosomename

anyone called Molly. if im honest.

also Hatt Maig can fuck off

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gambrinus on October 28, 2020, 12:21:01 AM
Why can't these people just write a blog post instead? Much easier to read.

because people are lazy and don't leave twitter.

if you do want that, usually someone's got @threadunroll to stitch it back together into a blog post anyway.