Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Types of Twitter arsehole you don't like

Started by canadagoose, October 27, 2020, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

Quote from: phantom_power on January 27, 2021, 07:41:25 AM
Seems to work though. I am reading his book at the moment and it is so incredibly average and yet is getting rave reviews

Oh yeah he absolutely makes it work. Beige is his business and brother, business is booming. I've read a few excerpts from his book and it's machine-tailored for the middle-middle-middle of everything imaginable:

https://twitter.com/katyloftus/status/1351159960919552003

idunnosomename

Good news: relentless ooh look at that lovely tree and dont top yourself grifter Hatt Maig has left Twitter

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: frajer on January 27, 2021, 11:07:39 AM
Oh yeah he absolutely makes it work. Beige is his business and brother, business is booming. I've read a few excerpts from his book and it's machine-tailored for the middle-middle-middle of everything imaginable:

https://twitter.com/katyloftus/status/1351159960919552003

Actually, his brother is not 'beige' but the bassist in Suede.

frajer

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 27, 2021, 02:41:09 PM
Actually, his brother is not 'beige' but the bassist in Suede.

Well fuck my hat.

(Richard actual size.)

Fambo Number Mive

People who say "I see (X) lives rent-free inside your head, that's his real victory" in response to a tweet criticising someone whom they want to defend but don't know how to.

kidney

When someone makes a tweet that gets maybe 100 retweets, and they follow it with the whole "wow this blew up! make sure to check out my tiktok, youtube and soundcloud, or buy me a coffee" spiel.

machotrouts

"wow this blew up check out my soundcloud" is old hat now, current etiquette is to follow up your hit tweets with ads for ocean galaxy lights

neveragain

The British Comedy Guide joke competition. They're always, always awfully unfunny with no grasp of gag structure.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: MrSerious on October 29, 2020, 08:27:53 PM
Eric Alper.

Correct answer.

Or any of those awful accounts with 100K plus followers who throw out questions about nostalgia and pop culture, generate thousands of answers, BUT NEVER INTERACTS WITH THE REPLIES.

I've recently seen a new annoying trend - "Four movies, one choice". Yawnarama City.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Dusty Substance on February 23, 2021, 10:33:21 PM
Correct answer.

Or any of those awful accounts with 100K plus followers who throw out questions about nostalgia and pop culture, generate thousands of answers, BUT NEVER INTERACTS WITH THE REPLIES.

I've recently seen a new annoying trend - "Four movies, one choice". Yawnarama City.
Not seen that one

idunnosomename

you get a couple of quid for those ads under viral tweets (like $50 tops). they're also for dropshipping: where they take orders at a massive markup and pass them onto a retailer you could buy directly from for a fraction of the price. so anyone who does them is a cunt who should be fucked into hell.

SteveDave

Lazy cunts who can't read a thread but instead @listunthreader (or sutin) and get the thread as a link that they can read in one go as they drink their mochachockatino. Just scroll down dickhead.

"(So and so) has tried to ban this photo from the internet. It'd be a shame if everyone shared it!"

Crying Laughing emoji.

BritishHobo

I'm starting to hate nebulous groups like 'Film Twitter' and the like which often fall to horrible high-school-clique bullshit. There was a fairly inoffensive thing last night where this guy got dunked on for saying he liked a line from the Marvel TV series Wandavision. Someone replied in that horrible snide Twitter way that seems to treat the other person as worthless beyond the potential for a good dunk - telling him he needs to watch more stuff. Basically a 'get a load of this guy and his shit opinion'. The guy then replied defending himself, saying his credentials as a film school graduate and screenwriter who has watched shitloads of films. I'm not gonna lie, it reads a little cringeworthy, but it's a tweet from someone written in a flash of defensiveness having been sneered at for their opinion.

Now, it's been snipped of its context (meaning you don't see that it started with someone mocking him for liking Marvel), and shared around a load of film groups as an example of a pathetic worthless guy trying to slam people with his epic cultured film knowledge. Even though he was trying to defend liking a Marvel film.

And although the context has been snipped, his name and username are still included, so everyone can go to Twitter to tell him directly that he's worthless and they hate him and nobody would ever work with him. Comment after comment on Facebook basically writing him off as a person. By all accounts he's had a horrible night of it and the abuse and ridicule he's got really affected him.

Twitter shit is so dehumanising.

The weird part about it is that he's only got about a thousand followers - and the person who dunked on him (who has since apologised and deleted their tweet), only has 12. It really shows that this isn't just a case of massive celebrities saying something stupid to 300,000 people. You could have basically no presence on Twitter at all, and still cause something like this.

Fry

I've always thought Osman was quite smug and annoying on twitter, but generally alright. But the other week there was an episode of Pointless where he was all condescending and sneery at a pair of young schoolteachers, making a joke with them as the butt of it and getting the entire studio laughing at them for their ignorance. Seemed nasty and kind of a betrayal of the unspoken gameshow host - guest contract. I dunno, maybe other people find the spoddy twat charming.

People like that Felton bloke, who desperately comment on every single trending topic or national event. Without fail. Not a single thing passes without him doing a "how its start vs how its going" tweet or some other played out, paint by numbers meme., Its just all so dull and joyless.

Hey James point out how the Tories are hypocrites in the most obvious way again, go on. Act all outraged about some hack right winger who's obviously baiting for attention and share them with your hundreds of thousands of followers. That'll show them. I bet he can't fucking wait for GB news, thats him never starved for content again.

idunnosomename

Felton's pushing of his "Times Britain was a bellend" book in replies is fucking shameless. Not to mention apparently he wrote it in the first place by just asking on Twitter

He is a fucking grifter, basically no better than a cunt like Darrwn Grimes

buttgammon

Who actually is the Felton bloke? I've had to mute him despite not following because his inanity turned up on my timeline all the time but I've not heard of him outside a Twitter context.

Fambo Number Mive

I think "bellend" is far too trivial a description for a lot of the things Britain has done. I get why the book has that title but still.

idunnosomename

Writer on minor radio comedy really. I think you just put his twitter at the centre with various spokes of dull shit sticking out to understand the Wheel of Felton

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 02, 2021, 01:32:47 PM
Twitter.user.thiscunt.profile

Oh, and why's that then?

I came across someone at the weekend who was livid that someone had tweeted a YouTube video they'd made "without adequate credit". The video? A ten second clip ripped from The Phantom Menace Blu-ray. Mate, if you're not George Lucas or The Walt Disney Company, that's not really "your video".

Hey, Punk!

Anyone who decorates their bio with elaborate political or religious identifications:
Anarcho-Leninist, Deleuzo-Hayekian, Perennial Messianic Judaism or something like that. Smacks of a desperate need to create a personality.

Also, at risk of sounding a little gammon, I'm not too fond of the genderfluid crowd. There's an imperious demanding tone behind all the pinks and baby blues and cutesy cartoon avis.

Fambo Number Mive

People tweeting "everyone agrees with me outside of the Twitter echo chamber".

neveragain

I've just read a thread of Tweets starting from a POC posting up an email from her lecturer, responding to her picking him up on a racially-motivated micro-aggression. The response seems rather pompous but it's all pointless if we don't know what he was accused of in the first place. That's called context, and apparently it's an aggression on anyone's part to even ask about it. Maybe it's reasonable (if someone doesn't want to talk about something then fine) but I don't think you can start a discussion and then demand nobody asks about it. People are even saying it's akin to asking a rape victim how sluttily they were dressed.

My biggest gripe is that by illustrating the micro-agg, she would be teaching people on what to avoid doing. Am I automatically wrong or is this another case of 'Twitter hates nuance'?

Edit to add: It could be that people assume the questioner doesn't believe the initial claim. But that's not always the case.

BritishHobo

People who reply to a reply to your tweet, but don't untqg you, so for two days you get endless notifications because of two people incessantly arguing. Notifications every time one of them replies, notifications every time someone likes one of the replies. What must it be like being a celebrity who gets this times a hundred thousand?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 11, 2021, 03:56:03 PM
People who reply to a reply to your tweet, but don't untqg you, so for two days you get endless notifications because of two people incessantly arguing. Notifications every time one of them replies, notifications every time someone likes one of the replies. What must it be like being a celebrity who gets this times a hundred thousand?
Twitter has the shittiest notification filtering imaginable. You can filter out obvious spam accounts, and do blanket disables, but there's no option e.g. to filter out likes, or likes to replies, or replies to replies, or anything to cut down exactly the kind of spam BritishHobo mentions. This is obviously because Twitter doesn't want you to be able to hide and wants to keep you constantly replying. (I've disabled all notifications, but it makes it very hard to find genuinely useful replies, like asking for a recommendation/info.)

Pink Gregory

Fr.Bigley

Osman looks like someone tidied up sloth from the Goonies, gave him a shot at a degree then started hanging around the BBC in between carpet sales KPI reports. Man stinks of chicken chasseur.

petril