Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Types of Twitter arsehole you don't like

Started by canadagoose, October 27, 2020, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Nehamkin

Rangers fans
Gen X comedians
Bookshelf shamers
Fast food chains that pretend to have depression

Fambo Number Mive

Any company that insults people on Twitter really, it's weird how many of the same people who would be furious if a staff member was even slightly off in the store think it's very funny if someone else is insulted on Twitter.

The Yorkshire Tea "you're shouting at tea" unpleasantness at someone who was getting annoyed about the Chancellor being seen posing with a big bag of it and talking about Tory austerity was a case in kind. They were trying to imply the person was shouting at a bag of tea (and therefore that she was doing something bizarre) whereas she was talking to the social media department of a company selling tea.

I found that particular exchange fairly unreasonable, in particular when the person they replied to trended on Twitter. Although it was unreasonable of people to criticize Yorkshire Tea for the Chancellor posing with a big bag of their tea, the way they treated that one person was disgusting. While I like how Yorkshire Tea have been sticking it to the racists on Twitter, I won't buy any of their tea unless they publicly apologize to the person they accused of "shouting at tea" and make a donation to charities that help people affected by austerity.

It's astonishing how so many people love it when companies on social media are unpleasant to others.

dex

As someone who has to update the corporate twitter account whenever we have an incident to deal with, its the snarky, ignorant pusillanimous shitcunts who mock and heckle you and you don't have the right of reply in giving them a piece of your mind back.

Twitter really brings out the worst in people for the most part. Shit for cunts.

Thomas

frajer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 29, 2020, 08:30:40 AM
Any company that insults people on Twitter really, it's weird how many of the same people who would be furious if a staff member was even slightly off in the store think it's very funny if someone else is insulted on Twitter.

God yeah. Virgin cunting Trains regularly thinking it's okay to dismiss or insult people over Twitter was ludicrous.

Customers can be arsey when irate, but they're also paying through the nose for a substandard service that when it fails (as it regularly did) is directly affecting their daily lives. Don't publicly dismiss someone because they're understandably pissed off that they're getting home 4 hours later than they should and want to have a vent about it.

Genuinely don't think big companies should engage in interactions on social media, they're either unhelpful or glib or both.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dex on October 29, 2020, 09:45:17 AM
As someone who has to update the corporate twitter account whenever we have an incident to deal with, its the snarky, ignorant pusillanimous shitcunts who mock and heckle you and you don't have the right of reply in giving them a piece of your mind back.

Twitter really brings out the worst in people for the most part. Shit for cunts.

A guy I know deals with the internet stuff for a posh furniture store. Some woman who ordered occasionally was chancing her arm via emails to get a load of discounts, he'd already used his discretion to give her more than she deserved but then she demanded the new customer on top of the discounts with the threat of 'taking it to twitter if he didn't comply. So he emailed and said they didn't want her custom and he's already deleted her account.

Sebastian Cobb

The shock at brands insulting people is just really a foil to the entitlement most people have built up from brands convincing everyone customers are special.

What's far worse is brands bantering, Aldi and Lidl sparring? Fuck off.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: frajer on October 29, 2020, 09:53:10 AM
God yeah. Virgin cunting Trains regularly thinking it's okay to dismiss or insult people over Twitter was ludicrous.

Customers can be arsey when irate, but they're also paying through the nose for a substandard service that when it fails (as it regularly did) is directly affecting their daily lives. Don't publicly dismiss someone because they're understandably pissed off that they're getting home 4 hours later than they should and want to have a vent about it.

Genuinely don't think big companies should engage in interactions on social media, they're either unhelpful or glib or both.

I remember someone complaining to a train company that their train was late each day and asked what they should do. The initial reply was "Get up earlier. Hope that helps." I think that the person complaining wanted something to be done about the late service rather than commuting advice.

Icehaven

Do people still do those 'jokey' hideously verbose OTT complaints of 10 paragraphs describing the entire background leading up to how finding a green crisp in their packet ruined their day, to which the company then openly responds with a PR motivated deliberately overdramatic apology and promise of free crisps for a year?

Icehaven

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 29, 2020, 09:58:15 AM
I remember someone complaining to a train company that their train was late each day and asked what they should do. The initial reply was "Get up earlier. Hope that helps." I think that the person complaining wanted something to be done about the late service rather than commuting advice.

If their train was late each day they should get up later, surely?

MrSerious

Old Nehamkin

Oh yeah, smug anime girl avatars, forgot them.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: icehaven on October 29, 2020, 10:20:59 AM
Do people still do those 'jokey' hideously verbose OTT complaints of 10 paragraphs describing the entire background leading up to how finding a green crisp in their packet ruined their day, to which the company then openly responds with a PR motivated deliberately overdramatic apology and promise of free crisps for a year?

Mrs TTT recently purchased a box of Milk Tray chococs for £2.99 (from memory they were from either Tesco or Morrisons).

A good number of them were squished, despite the box seemingly pristine.

She fired off an Email to the Cadbury complaints department.

It was complete with photos of the damaged comestibles.

We eagerly awaited the response.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Finally I spied a letter arrive, which had a Kraft logo on the envelope.  When Mrs TTT came home that day, she tore open the letter.

Inside was a voucher for a paltry £3.00 for a Kraft product our choice. 

Ruined my fucking day I tells ya.

idunnosomename

ops wrong thread

still, tracy ann obermann

Marner and Me

I had it for about half an hour it just seemed full of people trying to score likes and jizzing themselves over some C lister liking their posts, an absolute pit of the internet.

Icehaven

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on October 29, 2020, 10:01:36 PM
Mrs TTT recently purchased a box of Milk Tray chococs for £2.99 (from memory they were from either Tesco or Morrisons).

It was complete with photos of the damaged comestibles.

We eagerly awaited the response.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Finally I spied a letter arrive, which had a Kraft logo on the envelope.  When Mrs TTT came home that day, she tore open the letter.

Inside was a voucher for a paltry £3.00 for a Kraft product our choice. 

Ruined my fucking day I tells ya.

What are you moaning about, you ended up 1p in profit and had a few free unsquashed chocolates.

poo

I follow scientists who talk about science. Any cunt starts going off the science track and they're binned. Think it's absolutely great.

Brundle-Fly

Anybody who tweets a message of relief when they see a beloved personality's name trending usually accompanied with a gif of some actor or pop star looking relieved.

Menu

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on October 30, 2020, 02:40:59 PM
Anybody who tweets a message of relief when they see a beloved personality's name trending usually accompanied with a gif of some actor or pop star looking relieved.

100%! Such a waste of everyone's time. And they get hundreds of likes.

the ouch cube

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on October 28, 2020, 12:11:26 AM
twlldun and anyone who thinks he's good. Fart-huffing sensible centrist cunts. The kind of people who say things like "Finally the grown ups have entered the room!" and don't castrate themselves immediately

Particularly certain 1990s music journalists. Worse - certainly more gleefully unpleasant - than 90s comedians.

Apparently sitting on your arse for a decade and honking "hurrr hurrr Neds Atomic Dustbin are a bit crap aren't they" gifts you a peerlessly nuanced perspective on politics that us ghastly blue woad-painted goat-sacrificing proles will never attain.

From jeering at people for liking the 'wrong' music to seemlessly sliding into jeering at those with the 'wrong' politics. It's hard to imagine a more utterly worthless, valueless existence.

Fambo Number Mive

People who are completely against what is expressed in a hashtag but manage to keep the hashtag trending by complaining about it in their tweet.

Anyone with #KBF in their twitter bio. They tend to be the ones who don't want to keep Britain free (from covid or anything else)

Johnson lovers.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 28, 2020, 11:45:54 AM
transport policy, etc, in Edinburgh.

How's the tram discourse going?

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on October 29, 2020, 10:01:36 PM

Why not just take them back to the shop, given that it was likely there that they got damaged (and it's them that are responsible anyway)?

Fambo Number Mive

This is how a journalist and broadcaster "wins" the argument:

https://twitter.com/NuncTempus/status/1322833162158907392

Note the fanboy/girl posting directly under it.

Spiteface

Quote from: Garam on October 28, 2020, 07:29:03 AM
- Zack Snyder fans, they are truly unhinged

There are unhinged fans of everything but I have to be honest, I've seen even worse anti-Snyder shit. Like the ones who think it's funny to joke that his films drove his daughter to commit suicide. It's okay to not like his films. It's not okay to make light of a personal tragedy, no matter how much you hate his films and can't fucking wait to tell anyone this information.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 27, 2020, 09:41:34 PM
People who put a little clapping emoji in between each word.

These people can die in a fucking fire, though. It makes me want to disagree with whatever point they're trying to make, even if otherwise, I might have agreed with them.

Fambo Number Mive

People who insult anyone who critises brands or branding. Someone on Twitter has criticised PlayStation having changed the signs of the tube at Oxford Circus, saying "This awful corporatisation of public space and signage is a slippery slope".

Instead of responding to his argument, he gets the following responses:

"1) sure its temporary 2) its a tribute to the Undergrounds iconic-ness 3) chill" - someone responds to that reply saying "well put!"

"Found the Xbox fan"
"Luke this would be gone in a week, stop crying"
"Imagine being THAT upset"
"Grow up mate"
"I bet you are a fun at parties."

There are other replies that make the reasonable argument that it provides income for public transport at a time when government are determined to cause issues for the Mayor, but even one of those contains the comment "Maybe take a step off your high horse and come and join the real world with the rest of us."

Imagine being that angry to someone you've never met on behalf of Playstation. I also hate how people try and make out that those they disagree with are "upset" or "crying" just because they have a different view.

On the other hand, this snippy reply to ianvisits who simply reports on the branding by tweeting pictures of it and a short factual paragraph seems rather unreasonable

"Yes, lets celebrate multinational corporations take over public space. Funny how us gamers play all these anti-establishment progressive games but take no lessons from them in the real world. Read more books."