Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone ever smoked some crack?

Started by itsfredtitmus, October 28, 2020, 01:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 28, 2020, 09:49:46 AM
I was at a party that had an heroin addict and a couple of morphine addicts at it. From what they were saying there's a bit of a misconception about how physically addictive heroin can be, in that it actually takes a bit of effort to get physically addicted. I think crack addiction is easier to slip into from habitual use.

I wouldn't try either tbh. But would probably be more weary of crack.

Its addictive potential is wildly overstated - it takes 6-12 weeks of regular use to get a proper habit - but the point is that people keeo it up because they find it very, very nice.

It just fucked my lungs up and made me breathless, cold and tired. I don't have a problem with opiates in general - I like them - but smack just doesn't do it for some reason.

Paul Calf

Quote from: bgmnts on October 28, 2020, 09:54:19 AM
Yeah I think it was created as an alternative for black communities in America, whilst the middle class white stockbrokers were doing lines for breakfast.

I think it was synthetically created to be more addictive and more potent but the high doesnt last as long as cocaine, from what I read anyway.

It was created to be more compact and easier to traffic. Same story with opium/morphine/heroin/fentanyl. Criminalisation tends to create monsters.

Paul Calf

And if that really was smack Zammo had, it was extremely pure pharmaceutical diamorphine. Fuck knows where a 14-year-old got that.

JaDanketies

The physical / psychological addiction thing is a misnomer, if it's being used to assert that physical addictions are somehow more real than psychological addictions. Cocaine is not physically addictive.

Yeah I think it was created as an alternative for black communities in America, whilst the middle class white stockbrokers were doing lines for breakfast.

I think it was synthetically created to be more addictive and more potent but the high doesnt last as long as cocaine, from what I read anyway.

It's coke cooked up with baking soda so it's easier to smoke and get into the lungs. The baking soda / coke reaction also pulls out all the adulterants, so crack is always pure. It's not more addictive than coke intrinsically, and it's not synthetically altered, it's more to do with the route of administration. Like if I smoke weed, the association between the act of ingesting the drug and the feeling of getting high is a lot stronger than if I eat a space cake and wait 40 minutes. Also if I smoke weed then I am high immediately and for a much shorter time than if I snorted it (lol).

Also the CIA made it.

Other mildly interesting fact - smoking is actually the fastest ROI, faster than even injecting. When you inject, the drug goes from your veins to your lungs to your brain, and when you smoke the drug goes from your lungs to your brain.

Twit 2

Quote from: Ham Bap on October 28, 2020, 09:18:44 AM
Great days, always wish i could go back or have a 'mad' night for old times sake, im married, 40, with a son now.

Step 1: find mates in a similar sitch.
Step 2: book a cottage/Air BnB/go camping.
Step 3: take drugs, just honestly take lots, you've earned it.
Step 4: return and resume normal life.
Step 5: repeat every couple/few months.

Re: CRACK - I have a friend who blew his 100k inheritance on his and his friends' crack habits. That doesn't convince me of its merits, and I'd already heard bad things.

Crystal meth is where it's at. Nice clean high. You can float about, get on with your day, go to work etc.

Paul Calf

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 28, 2020, 09:58:44 AM
The physical / psychological addiction thing is a misnomer, if it's being used to assert that physical addictions are somehow more real than psychological addictions.

They really are. Withdrawing from opiates is five days of agony, a body screaming with cortisol and adrenaline floods, at least three sleepless nights and weeks and weeks of post-acute symptoms. And THEN you start dealing with the long-term cravings. And even that's a picnic compared to Benzo withdrawal.

Give me a habituation any day.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 28, 2020, 10:04:24 AM
They really are. Withdrawing from opiates is five days of agony, a body screaming with cortisol and adrenaline floods, at least three sleepless nights and weeks and weeks of post-acute symptoms. And THEN you start dealing with the long-term cravings. And even that's a picnic compared to Benzo withdrawal.

It was more in response to this kind of idea:

QuoteI was at a party that had an heroin addict and a couple of morphine addicts at it. From what they were saying there's a bit of a misconception about how physically addictive heroin can be, in that it actually takes a bit of effort to get physically addicted. I think crack addiction is easier to slip into from habitual use.

I had a friend that would cut his own coke with hayfever tablets and who would take cocaine every time he was in a social situation and get suicidal when it ran out. He eventually ended up cutting out his friend group and no longer taking any drugs other than weed (not even alcohol). Or my other acquaintance who robbed charity shops for crack money. Telling them that their addiction is all in their heads is cold comfort.

Endicott

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 28, 2020, 10:04:24 AM

Quite! My heroin addicted mate (who somehow lost half an arm to gangrene from injecting) is still even now not quite off his methadone script, after YEARS. And I know he still also does crack from time to time.

Whereas getting off coke was purely a mental fight.

JaDanketies

I accept that acute withdrawal is probably worse for physically-addictive drugs.

Endicott

Wasn't a dig at you.

Perversely, the non-physically addictiveness of coke was one of the sneaky reasons my brain used for refusing to let me stop using it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 28, 2020, 10:11:28 AM
It was more in response to this kind of idea:

I had a friend that would cut his own coke with hayfever tablets and who would take cocaine every time he was in a social situation and get suicidal when it ran out. He eventually ended up cutting out his friend group and no longer taking any drugs other than weed (not even alcohol). Or my other acquaintance who robbed charity shops for crack money. Telling them that their addiction is all in their heads is cold comfort.

Nothing that bad but it was pretty grim meeting a mate for a pint one Sunday (he invited me) and then the first two hours being him texting everyone he knew to see if they had any leftovers and then begging one of them to bring over their last < 0.5g. When they finally did get it, they toppled the (one) bog they were standing on to reach the windowsill so we had to go to another pub.

Being a weak willed tit, I naturally embibed too, there wasn't much to go around but slowly coming down after being a bit wired at 7pm on a sunday is really not the one.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 28, 2020, 10:26:04 AM
Nothing that bad but it was pretty grim meeting a mate for a pint one Sunday (he invited me) and then the first two hours being him texting everyone he knew to see if they had any leftovers and then begging one of them to bring over their last < 0.5g. When they finally did get it, they toppled the (one) bog they were standing on to reach the windowsill so we had to go to another pub.

Being a weak willed tit, I naturally embibed too, there wasn't much to go around but slowly coming down after being a bit wired at 7pm on a sunday is really not the one.

yeah I fuckin hate cocaine. I got close to falling out with a friend because he owed me £280 for like a year but was still taking cocaine, although I presume it was a cycle of getting things 'on tick' so he didn't realise he could've paid me the £280 back many times.

Or another friend pestering the local drug dealer to drop off 0.2gs. "Lend me your phone, he's not answering me any more." I can see the damage that shit did to my friend group. Was better when they took speed.

It seems like it's all my poorest friends living some cocaine lifestyle they cannot afford at all and it all coming crashing down.

Petey Pate

I know someone who tried crack only once and still has random cravings for it. He's also adament that no other drug has ever come close to the high he achieved from it. The 'not even once' meme seems fairly accurate.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Endicott on October 28, 2020, 10:13:36 AM
Quite! My heroin addicted mate (who somehow lost half an arm to gangrene from injecting) is still even now not quite off his methadone script, after YEARS. And I know he still also does crack from time to time.

Whereas getting off coke was purely a mental fight.

Methadone is far worse than smack IMHO. It has a much longer half-life and the acute withdrawals can last weeks. 6 weeks isn't unusual. It's much harder to kick and I wouldn't touch it.

He probably either injected into arteries after running out of veins or tried melting and injecting temazepam, which comes in a gelatin cap specifically to porevent injection.

Or he just had filthy injecting works.

Paul Calf

Cocaine's different though. I love a bit of coke, but I don't crave it when I don't have any. However much you have, you spend the whole time chasing the buzz from the first line. I've never understood why it's so expensive.

PlanktonSideburns

dosent last as long as coke? kinell, what a gyp

Dex Sawash

I really can't wait for more episodes of Snowfall

pancreas

Pingers

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on October 28, 2020, 01:38:40 AM
ask the CaB drug sommelier Pancreas about it

He'll want to know which terroir it's from.

NoSleep

A friend of mine tried it, just once, and even years later would sometimes wake up thinking "must smoke some crack today", so it's worth avoiding if you find you're unable to control your appetites.

Buelligan

Both my siblings were heroin fiends so I thought it wise to steer clear of anything that my spirit, it could kill.

Your mum though, that's another story.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 28, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
Cocaine's different though. I love a bit of coke, but I don't crave it when I don't have any. However much you have, you spend the whole time chasing the buzz from the first line. I've never understood why it's so expensive.

I think I've craved it in certain settings, but then I've been invited out for a pint on a Saturday afternoon with certain people and just resigned myself to the fact it's going to be happening. If I was with different people I wouldn't want it, but because it's going about I don't want to not be involved.

Endicott

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 28, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
Cocaine's different though. I love a bit of coke, but I don't crave it when I don't have any.

Yeah, if you can keep it that way it's fine. That was me for the first 5 years. For the second 5 years, I thought that was me, until I noticed that I never did anything socially without it. Complete takeover.

imitationleather

Is it too early to ring Dial-a-Packet?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 28, 2020, 11:00:39 AM
I think I've craved it in certain settings, but then I've been invited out for a pint on a Saturday afternoon with certain people and just resigned myself to the fact it's going to be happening. If I was with different people I wouldn't want it, but because it's going about I don't want to not be involved.

Ah, yeah. The three-pint threshold where you start wondering whether anyone has a number...

peanutbutter

Quote from: Endicott on October 28, 2020, 11:02:24 AM
Yeah, if you can keep it that way it's fine. That was me for the first 5 years. For the second 5 years, I thought that was me, until I noticed that I never did anything socially without it. Complete takeover.
Doesn't it take several weeks for the effects to wear off though? Like, even if you're just having it once a week the highs will never match the high after a month without?

I could totally see me almost as a rule doing it once a month but it costs so fucking much (like £70 a gram on the night, right?), lasts so briefly and leaves a fairly messy (but mostly pleasant for me) aftermath. The impulse for more is really fucking intense though, licking the table and picking your nose to find some extra stuff up there and all just rather gross.

I locked the remaining stuff away with a timed lock the last time I had some, cannot imagine how much that would piss some people off, knowing it's there but not accessible.

kngen

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 28, 2020, 11:00:39 AM

Mmm, I'd rarely buy it for myself, and would just take it 'if it was around'. Somehow, I ended up hanging out with the people where 'it was around' far more than those where it wasn't.

The pros: Fun sexytimes with laydeez.

Cons: Turns you into an arsehole, and you end up hanging around with arseholes. And if you're the kind of person who uses junk food and booze to get you through the down periods (which I definitely was), then you end up becoming a grotesque, sweaty mess (which I did).

I smoked cocaine once, which is the closest to smoking crack I've come (not for the lack of trying).  Far too intense for me. Immediately started copping off with the women I smoked it with (whose boyfriend was on the dancefloor on a few feet away). Then we both came to our senses about 30 seconds later, with a big helping of 'What the fuck are we doing?' to boot. Don't enjoy being that much of a slave to my id, so - aye - don't think crack is for me.

JaDanketies

pretty sure I've got a bag of m-cat and it seems very close to coke, so much so that you could sell it as coke and people would be happy. And it costs a hell of a lot less.

Endicott

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 28, 2020, 11:45:12 AM
Doesn't it take several weeks for the effects to wear off though? Like, even if you're just having it once a week the highs will never match the high after a month without?

No. Well, not in my experience anyway. But I suppose it's complicated and depends on your usage patterns.

El Unicornio, mang

At T-in the Park 1995, age 17, I was wandering around the campsite drunk on cider, having become separated from my friends, and got invited into a tent by some guys who gave me "drugs" to smoke. I went back to my friends and declared that I had just done crack, but later realised it was just some shitty soap bar.

So I've never done crack but thought I had done crack for a bit once.