Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:54:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone ever smoked some crack?

Started by itsfredtitmus, October 28, 2020, 01:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 28, 2020, 11:52:18 AM
pretty sure I've got a bag of m-cat and it seems very close to coke, so much so that you could sell it as coke and people would be happy. And it costs a hell of a lot less.

it fucking reeks or it isn't m-cat.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 28, 2020, 12:14:13 PM
At T-in the Park 1995, age 17, I was wandering around the campsite drunk on cider, having become separated from my friends, and got invited into a tent by some guys who gave me "drugs" to smoke. I went back to my friends and declared that I had just done crack, but later realised it was just some shitty soap bar.

So I've never done crack but thought I had done crack for a bit once.

Not long after the smoking ban kicked in I was at a dnb night and someone was passing something around so I had a couple of tokes and we ended up getting kicked out by the bouncers. It wasn't until we were outside it turned out it was a rollie. Cheers mate.

wooders1978

So wait, crack is just coke with some baking soda lobbed in?

In that case, yes I've smoked crack many times i guess, albeit without baking soda - a mate of mine, Paul, would always skin up a spliff with coke in it on a particularly cokey night out to "sort your head out" if your particularly pissed - to be fair it fucking worked

JaDanketies

Wikipedia page for crack cocaine says smoking non crack cocaine does fuck all

Whereas cocaine hydrochloride cannot be smoked (burns with no effect), crack cocaine when smoked allows for quick absorption into the blood stream, and reaches the brain in eight seconds.

wooders1978

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 28, 2020, 07:49:33 PM

Whereas cocaine hydrochloride cannot be smoked (burns with no effect), crack cocaine when smoked allows for quick absorption into the blood stream, and reaches the brain in eight seconds.

Woodersapedia says smoking coke in a spliff was fuckin a - so who is correct here?

Non Stop Dancer

Not for me thanks. I'll have a small cup of heroin at Christmas and the odd exctacy shandy if I'm at a barbecue, but I won't suck on the glass dick.

kngen

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 28, 2020, 07:49:33 PM

Smoking coke was very much a trip to spaceland on magic monkey juice for me. Think wikipedia might be wrong here.

Sebastian Cobb

One of my mates used to break out the mini hookah and put coke in when it was going about. He seemed to think it did something but I can't honestly say.

idunnosomename

i like my crack with a fried egg on top. a crack madame

Ferris

I am a (very) infrequent cocaine user. Does this get me any cool CaB points y/n?

PlanktonSideburns

Ferris

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 28, 2020, 10:20:48 PM
I am a (very) infrequent cocaine user. Does this get me any cool CaB points y/n?
how red is ur mop

zomgmouse

Mr Farenheit

Never tried it but from what everyone's saying here it sounds GREAT!

PlanktonSideburns

JaDanketies

I should say I've smoked coke in spliffs and I have no idea whether or not it did anything, but I am skeptical enough to tell people it's a waste of time. Smoking a spliff when you're drunk can send many people to space regardless. I would assume that, if you could just slam some coke in a pipe and smoke it, nobody would be arsed synthesising crack. The whole point of crack is that it's smokeable coke. The baking soda synthesis doesn't fundamentally change the biochemistry of the drug, afaik.

I wish I'd studied neuropharmacology in retrospect.

NoSleep

Quote from: kngen on October 28, 2020, 09:56:22 PM
Think wikipedia might be wrong here.

I never thought I'd live to see the day.

A certain highly funky go go band toured the UK in the 80's and were smoking cocaine by sprinkling out the tobacco from cigs, mixing the cocaine with it and stuffing it back into the cigs, then putting them back in the packet. Apparently there was no discernable smell (unlike the distinct smell of crack smoking) so others just thought they were smoking cigarettes.

JaDanketies

QuoteTo smoke cocaine, it must be in the correct form. Cocaine base (i.e., freebase cocaine [crack cocaine]) vaporizes at about 80 °C (176 °F).

In contrast, cocaine hydrochloride must be heated to 180 °C (356 °F) to vaporize. At these temperatures, the heat will break down and destroy cocaine.

FloridaRehab.com, the first result for 'smoking cocaine in a spliff'. I don't deny that people do it but people do a whole lot of dumb stuff with drugs and think it affects them. I wouldn't say with confidence that I had smoked cocaine until I had smoked an actual crack rock.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 29, 2020, 09:15:25 AM
I should say I've smoked coke in spliffs and I have no idea whether or not it did anything, but I am skeptical enough to tell people it's a waste of time. Smoking a spliff when you're drunk can send many people to space regardless. I would assume that, if you could just slam some coke in a pipe and smoke it, nobody would be arsed synthesising crack. The whole point of crack is that it's smokeable coke. The baking soda synthesis doesn't fundamentally change the biochemistry of the drug, afaik.

I wish I'd studied neuropharmacology in retrospect.

I think you can turn crack back into coke somehow as well, and as mentioned, because the turning it into crack part strips out all the adulterants, the reversal results in quite pure gear.

I think it's to do with the temperature that cocaine powder burns at, a spliff is too high and destroys it apparently thus the need to make freebase or crack which changes the chemical formula of the cocaine enabling it to burn. Anecdotally people have been making cocaine spliffs for years, but they are an inefficient ROA.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 29, 2020, 11:18:33 AM
I think you can turn crack back into coke somehow as well,

Lemon juice/vinegar or citric acid.

NoSleep

Quote from: Better Midlands on October 29, 2020, 11:20:21 AM
I think it's to do with the temperature that cocaine powder burns at, a spliff is too high and destroys it apparently thus the need to make freebase or crack which changes the chemical formula of the cocaine enabling it to burn. Anecdotally people have been making cocaine spliffs for years, but they are an inefficient ROA.

Inefficient but not totally ineffective I would say. As somebody who was a habitual smoker of weed at one point, I could definitely tell that there was something different about a spliff laced with cocaine (because I didn't like it, mostly).

JaDanketies

next time you see someone putting coke in a joint, tell them to put it up their nose, or maybe in their rectum, or in their veins. Or in a microwave with some baking soda. Someone went to a lot of hassle to get that shit over here.

NoSleep

PlanktonSideburns

its fucking brill that comic - should be taught in schools

JaDanketies

Endicott

Quote from: NoSleep on October 29, 2020, 01:32:25 PM
Inefficient but not totally ineffective I would say. As somebody who was a habitual smoker of weed at one point, I could definitely tell that there was something different about a spliff laced with cocaine (because I didn't like it, mostly).

I had a mate who would occasionally put coke in rollie. Tasted of plastic, and even though I had no idea at the time about the different burn temps of coke vs freebase, I still thought it seemed ridiculously wasteful.

NoSleep

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 29, 2020, 01:58:52 PM
This didn't show for me - click here if you have the same issue and then click here for part 2

Try configuring your DNS to something like OpenDNS. I used to get issues like that with images posted via imgur before I dealt with it.