Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone watch Not Even a Show

Started by BlodwynPig, October 28, 2020, 08:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

https://www.youtube.com/c/NotEvenAShow

Ostensibly prankster TV and something I would not have given second glance to. Chris James was responsible for that Farage prank on LBC and got worldwide attention.

However, diving into his youtube channel has been a delight. Hounding of far right / conservative (but not exclusively) talk show hosts, often puerile / shorn of context (I need to watch from the very start), the universe he creates is wonderful - his persona is quirky and the style reminds me of early 90s alt TV that would show up on BBC 2, C4 late at night.

The pranked hosts also (unwittingly) play their part, especially JJ McCarthy who is a prime sucker for this sort of stuff. The 'demonic' visual and audio treatment Chris applies to McCarthy's vitriolic response is a delight.

Check it out if you haven't already.

Yeah I like Chris a lot. He's a regular guest on the go off kings live stream where they take the piss out former governor Mike Huckabees chat show. A lot more fun than it sounds.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on October 28, 2020, 12:35:01 PM
Yeah I like Chris a lot. He's a regular guest on the go off kings live stream where they take the piss out former governor Mike Huckabees chat show. A lot more fun than it sounds.

Exactly, on paper not so fun, but the nuances are great (as a newbie to this sort of faux-slacker/prank stuff).

The 'Officer Steve' stuff is a really great concept. Love hearing right wing blowhards having to be deferential to this absolute psycho, just because they think he's a cop.

kyema

Never heard of this before and now I can't stop watching the JJ McCartney supercut(s). So silly, and exactly what I needed.