Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Futurama re-watch

Started by dead-ced-dead, October 30, 2020, 08:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

"Wait a second. This isn't a pet licence, it's a fishing licence. AND IT'S MANDATORY!"

There's a lot packed into that line - well, two things: It gets the plot moving with great efficiency and also demonstrates how absurdly petty and oppressive The Central Bureaucracy is.

MojoJojo

It's bit odd that 3 of the 4 moments people have pointed to as Hermes being great are all from the same episode which I'm going to confidently claim is called "The Deep South" without looking it up.

"That just raises further questions"
"My Manwich!"
"It's a fishing license, and it's mandatory!"

rue the polywhirl

Rewatching Futurama from the beginning - so good.

Watching Disenchantment Season 2 - pure desolation. Very cheap looking and oh so lame. I reckon even new Simpsons is funnier.

dead-ced-dead

I finished season 5 and in my conclusion, I don't think I'm going to watch the later run, despite knowing that several episodes are highly regarded because I feel like season 5 was stretching things a bit thin.

It's better to quite while you're still ahead because while there are several brilliant episodes there are several stinkers. Real stinkers. Like the Bender trans episode to cheat at sports (Glinner must have cummed ropes watching that episode), or the extremely naff superhero episode. It's like The Simpsons season 10, where there are runs of great episodes but it's clear from the duffers and the stinkers that interrupt those great runs, this should have been where they quite (unfortunately they didn't).

rue the polywhirl

Just finished Luck Of The Fryrish which still manages to make me cry at the end. I reckon episode for episode season 1 holds up the strongest whereas 2 and 3 are weighed down by their fair share of average episodes. Top 3 so far Flight To Remember, A Head In The Polls and Amazonian Women In The Mood. That's Lobstertainment and Birdbot Of Ice-Catraz and the Cryonic Woman my most Averagest 3.

crankshaft

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on December 02, 2020, 05:36:29 PM
Just finished Luck Of The Fryrish which still manages to make me cry at the end. I reckon episode for episode season 1 holds up the strongest whereas 2 and 3 are weighed down by their fair share of average episodes. Top 3 so far Flight To Remember, A Head In The Polls and Amazonian Women In The Mood. That's Lobstertainment and Birdbot Of Ice-Catraz and the Cryonic Woman my most Averagest 3.

That sounds about right to me, although That's Lobstertainment does have Calculon's brilliant line, "I respect and admire Harold Zoid too much to beat him to death with his own Oscar." Plus there's the Sylvester Stallone joke.