Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,352
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question about Xbox S

Started by Timothy, October 30, 2020, 09:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

I've been thinking about buying an Xbox Series S as a Gamepass machine next to the PS5. I recently borrowed my brother's Xbox S to try Gamepass and Gamepass is great.

The only downside of the console is that it's not really good at playing the games. All of them suffer from a lot of framedrops, slowdown and stutters. Even with indie games. Not to mention all the hard crashes while playing AAA games like Wasteland and Quantum Break.

I don't know anyone else with an Xbox S so thought I could ask the question here: Is it the S that's bad at playing these games or is the Xbox I use now faulty? If it's the first do you reckon the same problem might occur with the Series S?

lazarou

Hm, that doesn't seem right. I use a One X these days but I had an S for a fair while and had little in the way of problems with it. The only real grumbling point for me would've been that games tended to run in lower resolution that their PS4 counterparts which made for a bit of a softer, fuzzier image by comparision. Occasionally there'd be some performance issues here and there but nothing really deal-breaking. I haven't played the games you mentioned but I didn't notice many crashes generally.

AFAIK the Series S is basically a stripped down version of the Series X and as such is using entirely new tech, so any issues that are there won't be a factor for its successor. Of course it could have its own set of problems but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

My brother in law has the original Xbox One and he's not mentioned any of the issues you describe, even though it's a tad slower than the One S.

Sounds like a hardware issue. Check to see if the vents are all clear of dust. If so, it might be on it's way out.

Timothy

Thanks for the replies!

I found the issue: I downloaded as much from Gamepass as possible and the storage was almost full. Deleted some of the games and now it runs better!