Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"We Are Recruiting"

Started by NoSleep, October 31, 2020, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Emblazoned on the side of an ambulance I just saw. Any takers for the suicide squad?

NoSleep

JamesTC

Annual Salary: Applause and rainbows in windows

JaDanketies

I was considering becoming a paramedic but I'd have to do more A-levels to get on a full three-year university course and then take a lower salary. I wish I would've considered it back when I was younger and was doing linguistics with no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I think I have the right disposition for it and I might do it in the future if money stops being so important.

jfjnpxmy

Absolutely do not become a paramedic, it's a shite job and you work with just the worst people and by 45 you'll be a mass of injuries held together with fat.

Norton Canes

Seriously considering becoming a mortician

NoSleep

...or a florist (flowers smell nicer than corpses). I remember early on, during the first lockdown, meeting the local florist, who seemed more alarmed by it all than others, as she was able to get a rough idea of the number of locals deaths via her sales. Clearly business was up.

bgmnts

Quote from: Norton Canes on October 31, 2020, 05:09:45 PM
Seriously considering becoming a mortician

"Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!"

Jasha

Tempted but I go all dizzy at the sight of needles and blood

thenoise

Can you just be a driver? Would love to jump all those red lights.

paruses

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 31, 2020, 02:11:35 PM
I was considering becoming a paramedic but I'd have to do more A-levels to get on a full three-year university course and then take a lower salary. I wish I would've considered it back when I was younger and was doing linguistics with no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I think I have the right disposition for it and I might do it in the future if money stops being so important.
This is the exact same post I could make except adding that I am now too old - unless they have changed things since I rang them in 1997 to ask about training. Was from a landline and everything.

jfjnpxmy's post doesn't even put me off as that's happened anyway.

Theremin

Quote from: jfjnpxmy on October 31, 2020, 02:39:05 PM
Absolutely do not become a paramedic, it's a shite job and you work with just the worst people and by 45 you'll be a mass of injuries held together with fat.

This is true, sadly.

I've a few para mates, and everything they say just suggest the council and social services use you as a grease trap for vulnerable and sick people.